• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mystery Scratch on Green Knives: Has Anyone Else Seen This?

well, just because they are colored! I have had some people love these knives for...well, just because they are colored!
Jennie4PC
I just noticed today that the green knives look like they have a scatch in them. They are not peeling or anything. Has anyone else seen this on thier knives??

BTW- I hads a girl book a show JUST for the knives she fell in love with thm.:D

I had a host choose march just so she can get all of the green! I haven't noticed a scratch in mine...where is yours located?

No scratces, but I used mine twice & its dull as a butter knife...:( . Waiting for the new 1 to arrive...:rolleyes:

Ginger428 said:
No scratces, but I used mine twice & its dull as a butter knife...:( . Waiting for the new 1 to arrive...:rolleyes:

Which one dulled? The Tomato or the Santoku?

Ginger428 said:

Dumb question: Can you sharpen those knives the same way you sharpen our other ones? I keep thinking that the green will come off.

The Santoku.....when I called HO for a product adjustment, I asked her if I could sharpen it with our hone. She said she didnt know & no one ever mentioned it before. So she put me on hold to get an answer, but didnt get one, but I've got another on the way...:cool:

nikkijo said:
I had a host choose march just so she can get all of the green! I haven't noticed a scratch in mine...where is yours located?

Its on the blade about in the middle it looks almost like somepne took something sharp to it

cute idea, but I don't see the color thing lasting. However, I do like the tomato knife, just would have been nice in a "normal" knife color.
I would ask for a new one, what if someone at a show takes a look at it and decides they don't want it b/c the color comes off so easy? I'd go for a new one

Remember that honing our forged cutlery does not sharpen the blade. It simply re-aligns the blade. I am guessing that it won't work for the green knives, since they are most likely not at the same blade degree/shape...which is why they said not to hone any of our other PC knives with the honing tool.

I like the idea of the color- as colors are in for kitchen wear but maybe next time just the handle with color and not the blade where it can chip! I wonder how long they will last?

heat123 said:
I like the idea of the color- as colors are in for kitchen wear but maybe next time just the handle with color and not the blade where it can chip! I wonder how long they will last?

I completely agree - people love the colored handle paring knives, and I'd rather see that in the larger knives than the colored blades.

When I saw the knives, I thought they were a joke but since, I love them! I use them ALL the time with no problems!

I love mine too. Was really amazed at how the Santoku worked and how sharp it was.

I dont' hve any scratches in mine..... that I know of.. I have used them a couple of times!

I just read on "The Anatomy of a Knife" (CC -> Download Ctr -> Products & Recipes -> The Anatomy of a Knife) that you can hone the Color coated Santoku knife with our forged honing tool!!

jenniferknapp said:
I just read on "The Anatomy of a Knife" (CC -> Download Ctr -> Products & Recipes -> The Anatomy of a Knife) that you can hone the Color coated Santoku knife with our forged honing tool!!

Thanks for the info Jenn....;)

I LOVE these knives. I am not crazy about green, but still use them more often than my forged knives. I love thinking about the possibility of a PINK santoku next year for HWC!! Wouldn't that be awesome??

gilliandanielle said:
I LOVE these knives. I am not crazy about green, but still use them more often than my forged knives. I love thinking about the possibility of a PINK santoku next year for HWC!! Wouldn't that be awesome??

That would be soooooooo cool!!!:D

I could deal with them if the darn blade wasn't colored!! I can do a handle and case..... yeah, I haven't bought one yet...and not sure if I will or not!

The pink Santoku knife would be a HUGE seller! I hope that they do that for HWC next year. I am going to write that somewhere so I remember to put that on the idea poster at conference.

I personally would buy 3 or 4 pink santokus!!

Gillian I love the idea of a pink santoku for HWC next year!!! That would be a great seller! I have had some people love these knives for the quality and price and others hate them purely on the color... never can please everyone! :)

Product suggestion...send them in!

The green santoku is okay. I prefer a heftier knife. I don't really care for the tomato knife. I have had a non-PC tomato knife for several years, and I like it better. One of the few times I don't pick PC over everyone else.

I really like my knife, couldn't believe how much smaller and lighter it is then the other Santoku. It's now my veggie knife!

I dont' like the green Santoku much. The tomato knife is nice, but I'd prefer a forged one.

These knives are just too light for me.

1. What is the "Mystery Scratch" on the green knives?

The "Mystery Scratch" is a small, slightly raised mark that may appear on the green knives due to the manufacturing process. It does not affect the functionality or quality of the knives in any way.

2. How common is it to see the "Mystery Scratch" on the green knives?

The "Mystery Scratch" is a rare occurrence and is not seen on every green knife. It is a natural part of the production process and does not affect the overall quality of the knives.

3. Can the "Mystery Scratch" be removed?

The "Mystery Scratch" is a permanent mark and cannot be removed. However, it does not affect the performance or durability of the green knives.

4. Will the "Mystery Scratch" get worse over time?

No, the "Mystery Scratch" will not get worse over time. It is a cosmetic imperfection and will not affect the functionality or lifespan of the green knives.

5. Is there a warranty for the "Mystery Scratch" on the green knives?

Yes, we offer a satisfaction guarantee for all of our products, including the green knives. If you are unsatisfied with the "Mystery Scratch" or any other aspect of the knives, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kam
  • MaryannNic
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • mrshamel3808
  • Products and Tips
Replies