• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mystery Host Show: Unexpected Responses & Unforeseen Benefits

In summary, the author is thinking of doing a Mystery Host show for November but is worried about whether or not to lie to her customers about how many spots are left. She would like some advice on how to proceed.
PCMelissa
Gold Member
I sent out my email asking for participants for a Mystery Host show the month I have my baby. I got 2 responses. I was thinking of sending something out as a reminder that says "Only 3 more spots available". The thing is, I kinda hate to lie to my customers. Also, if I let the 2 people who did respond do this show do I just give them whatever benefits I can get? And pretend like others got the other prizes I offered?

Again, I just kinda hate to lie. I guess it is not really lying, but more of just not telling all the truth.

So, if the show JUST makes $150, I can give one person the half-off item and the other the 60% off the SA stuff. ANd then not let them know that the show never got to $1,000.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in Advance.

When I did this, I got 4 responses back via email, and had to do some calling to get the rest of my participants. You might want to call some of the people you emailed and check in with them about doing it! I wouldn't give up on them yet!

I don't think a show earns a half-price item unless it reaches the $300 mark...my host club each month gets the host that month $25 in free products, plus that month's host special...I encourage the host to try and get outside orders to get themselves to the $300 mark so they can also get the half-price item.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do!

sklay723 said:
I don't think a show earns a half-price item unless it reaches the $300 mark...my host club each month gets the host that month $25 in free products, plus that month's host special...I encourage the host to try and get outside orders to get themselves to the $300 mark so they can also get the half-price item.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do!
Both of her hosts would be bringing in $150 so together it's a $300 show.

I'm planning to do this for November. I'll be calling everyone who I think would want to do this. I'll also have it in my e-mail newsletter and I have a brochure from Vista that I'll send out, with info. I'm really planning on getting 10 people because I'm going to make personal calls.

Yes, don't give up yet! Get on the phone, and talk about it to people as you're out & about. You can do it!

JAE said:
Both of her hosts would be bringing in $150 so together it's a $300 show.

I'm planning to do this for November. I'll be calling everyone who I think would want to do this. I'll also have it in my e-mail newsletter and I have a brochure from Vista that I'll send out, with info. I'm really planning on getting 10 people because I'm going to make personal calls.

Oops! Sorry, missed that part. You can tell I haven't done one of these yet! :)

sklay723 said:
Oops! Sorry, missed that part. You can tell I haven't done one of these yet! :)
No problem. I am queen of missing details because I skim quite often.

Hi there,First of all, congratulations on your upcoming bundle of joy! It's understandable that you may be feeling torn about the responses to your Mystery Host show. However, I do want to assure you that there is no need to feel like you are lying to your customers.Instead of sending out a reminder that there are only three spots left, you could simply send a follow-up email thanking those who have already responded and mentioning that there are still a couple of spots available. This way, you are not making any false claims and are still encouraging others to join in.As for the benefits for the two who have already responded, it is completely up to you how you want to handle it. You could give them the full benefits as promised, or you could offer them a smaller incentive for participating in a smaller show. It's important to communicate openly and honestly with your customers, so if the show does not reach the $1,000 mark, it's best to let them know and offer a smaller reward.At the end of the day, what matters most is building and maintaining trust with your customers. So, be transparent and communicate openly with them. I hope this helps and wish you all the best with your Mystery Host show and your new addition to the family! Best,

Related to Mystery Host Show: Unexpected Responses & Unforeseen Benefits

1. What is a Mystery Host Show?

A Mystery Host Show is a type of party where the host is not revealed until the end. All guests who make a purchase are entered into a drawing to become the host of the party and earn the host rewards.

2. How do I qualify to be the Mystery Host?

In order to qualify to be the Mystery Host, you must make a purchase during the party. Every purchase made will earn you one entry into the drawing. The more you purchase, the higher your chances of being selected as the Mystery Host.

3. What are the benefits of being the Mystery Host?

The Mystery Host will earn all of the host rewards from the party, including free and discounted products, based on the total sales of the party. This is a great opportunity to stock up on your favorite Pampered Chef products at a discounted price.

4. Can I still earn rewards if I am not selected as the Mystery Host?

Yes, even if you are not selected as the Mystery Host, you can still earn rewards through our guest rewards program. For every $50 you spend, you will earn one guest reward, which can be redeemed for free products.

5. How will I know if I am the Mystery Host?

The Mystery Host will be selected randomly at the end of the party and will be notified by the consultant. If you are the Mystery Host, your name will also be announced during the party. Make sure to stay until the end to see if you are the lucky winner!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mom2leelee
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mom2leelee
  • Humble Beginnings