• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Uncovering the Mistakes: My Mystery Host Show Results Revealed!

In summary, the author's consultant had a low turnout for their open house because people were very busy.
amyscookinggear
Gold Member
I want to preface this by saying I know I should be complain, I got 1 booking out of it, 2 maybes for the summer, $300 in February orders, $75 in March orders. But...

So I scheduled a spring preview Mystery Host show for February 26th. I mailed around 70 invitations, handed out another 15, sent over 100 emails, made 40 reminder phone calls and sent another 20-30 text messages. In Jan and Feb when I made phone calls I asked if people would be interested and kept them in a separate file. 4 people attended and 1 brought a friend. What did I do wrong?

It just happens sometimes. Sounds like you did everything you could do and sounds like you did get something out of it. Normally when I host my own shows, I don't get anything out of them.

Wow, those are great results for having 5 guests. As a consultant, it's usually harder to get people over to our home because they are expecting us to invite and sell them something, rather than just meeting up with a friend for a show.

You didn't do anything wrong, it's just harder because our friends and family are already aware of our biz and products.

I know those are great results for 5 people. I know I shouldn't be complaining but when you look at the time and money I put into this show, it's frustrating.
Why do people talk about Mystery Shows/Preview Shows/Customer Appreciation Shows like they are wonderful.

Oh, I don't blame you for being frustrated...I wasn't trying to take away from it...ok, maybe I was. =)

Those who are saying they're wonderful is because they were...they had a successful experience and are sharing with us...just as we share when things don't work out.

I know I read about one consultant who had over $4000 in orders...but she did things differently...gave away product...only invited her top spenders, product junkies and top hosts. It was a host appreciation kind of get together.

She had been in the biz for a while and thus had a HUGE pool to pick from. She also had lots of free earned product which she gave away and thus limited her expense.

I just had a teammate only have 3 people tomorrow show up to hers, but she was able to add an additional $3oo in orders...added some shows to her calendar and has a recruit lead ready to sign tomorrow. She's ecstatic.

It's all about perception. I never spend too much on open houses because I am a horrible host! lol

I have them randomly when I have nothing better to do and hope for fun and bookings.

I've only done one open house & I advertised door prizes. They got tickets if they responded with a YES RSVP by a certain date (had to show up too!), a ticket for coming, a ticket for bringing a friend, and then a ticket for every so many dollars in purchase. I knew that by encouraging sales, I'd do better than if I just gave away items so all of my door prizes were a % off their order or a free $ amount. I didn't even do a sales pitch or the full service checkout. One of my recruits was so nice & volunteered to come help. We had several different PC recipes out for them to test and all the new products out on display. It was a "come & go as you please" event, very laid back with a LOT of just sitting around & visiting. I was shocked when I ended up with a $600+ show. Getting them there was the key & by advertising the freebies that I was giving away really helped. My grand prize winner ($50 in product) had already placed a fairly large order. I told her I could apply the $50 and her pay less, but she opted for $50 more in products. ;)

I had just moved to a new base in Japan when the Fall products came out, so I didn't do an open house. I just received the SAT box, but haven't received the manual food processor or my changover kit yet. I haven't even scheduled an Open House for this season yet. I need all the supplies first! LOL

I invited 169 to my open house today
I had 16 guests, I did not do any extra follow up (my best friend's husband he is also the dad to my daughter's best friend is dying and really didnt care if people came today or not we wanted to be available for her)
haven't even totaled orders but I estimate in my head $1000 showI think your turnout ratio is way better than mine:) If you think it was a success it was, if you think it was a flop it was.

(((hugs))) Teresa on your friends situation. :( Sounds like you had an amazing result considering your situtation. Congrats on that. ;)

My heart goes out to you. My first open house two years ago I did very similar to you. I sent over 70 invites in the mail to all of my neighbors. I had 12 people show up - half were my relatives. It was a lot of work and money spent, but I did get bookings from the show. Last year I probably had the same amount of people show up too, but now i had a few past customers come too.I had this years open house this past saturday too. I had a prize drawing just for the people who RSVP'd and had other prize drawings. I did no mailings, just email and FB invites and put up signs on the postal boxes in the area and a few signs on the streets. I had 15 people come - one who saw a sign on the street. Again most of my customers were my relatives - who are really good customers. Due to a sick child I was not able to make reminder phone calls. I think if I had done that I would've had a few more people especially from my neighborhood.I ended up with about $500 in sales between the f/w and s/s catalogs. But I'm sure I spent about $100 on food -- got no bookings, but one new customer. So if I work it right with her, maybe later in the year she will host a show after she moves to a new home.This morning I sent some catalogs and order forms with my husband to his office. I told him to go do his thing and bring me some orders by the end of the week. I'm hoping for a few more orders from him.

I threw together a quick party on Thursday of last week. I was only able to do FB invites and call. I had 5 guests, three of whom were my neighbors (one of whom loaned her house for the party), and I currently have $116 in orders. I don't know if I'll be able to get enough orders today to submit it tonight. I have 1 show in already, I was hoping to get the HWC products. If not, I'll submit it for March, and at least I'll be active.

That is, if I find someone else who wants to order.

1. What could have caused my cake to turn out dry?

There are a few potential reasons for a dry cake. One possibility is that you overbaked it. Make sure to follow the recommended baking time and check for doneness with a toothpick. Another reason could be that you used too much flour or not enough liquid in your recipe. Also, be sure to measure your ingredients accurately. Lastly, using old or expired ingredients can also lead to a dry texture.

2. Why did my cookies come out flat instead of fluffy?

Flat cookies can be caused by a few different factors. One common reason is that your butter was too soft or melted. It's important to use room temperature butter so that it can properly cream with the sugar. Another possibility is that you overmixed the dough, which can cause the cookies to spread too much while baking. Lastly, make sure you are using the right type of flour for your recipe, as using all-purpose flour instead of bread flour can result in flatter cookies.

3. What did I do wrong if my bread did not rise?

If your bread didn't rise, it could be due to a few reasons. First, check the expiration date on your yeast and make sure it hasn't expired. Yeast that is too old can be ineffective. Also, make sure the water you use to activate the yeast is at the correct temperature - too hot or too cold can prevent it from activating. Lastly, if you added too much salt or sugar to your dough, it can hinder the yeast's ability to rise.

4. How can I prevent my pie crust from shrinking?

Shrinking pie crust is a common issue, but there are a few steps you can take to prevent it. First, make sure you are using enough dough and that it is evenly rolled out to the correct thickness. You can also try using a metal pie pan instead of a glass one, as metal conducts heat better and can help the crust hold its shape. Additionally, you can chill the dough before baking and use pie weights or dried beans to weigh it down while baking.

5. What can I do if my vegetables are overcooked?

If your vegetables are overcooked, you can try blanching them in ice water to stop the cooking process. You can also try adding some lemon juice or vinegar to help brighten the flavor. Next time, make sure to keep a close eye on them while they cook and consider setting a timer to avoid overcooking. Additionally, using a higher heat or cooking vegetables for too long can also cause them to become mushy, so adjust your cooking methods accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • KaiKendall
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • mrssyvo
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies