• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mystery Host - How Many to Invite???

In summary, Linda is planning to do a mystery host party with a few other vendors and she is looking for feedback. She has invited 115 people and is hoping for more. She is planning to send the email out as an Evite.
pamperedtiffani
I am doing a mystery host party in the end of October - also celebrating my first year as a consultant and I don't know how many people to invite. I typed up all of my previous customers and host that I had information on adn I am at about 115 people. I know a lot won't come, but I don't want anything near that number. Any suggestions form experienced folk?

Thanks!
:eek:

Hey, I'm doing the same thing!

I was getting ready to start a thread on this, but you beat me to it - now we can work on this together.....if you don't mind:) .

Here's the invite I'm planning to use, any thoughts? I'm also planning to give everyone a little gift when they leave. I'm thinking about 2 twixits with a coupon for 10% off their next order and a magnetic business card, maybe put a little candy in there too? Do you have a better suggestion? I'm leaving town in the morning so I'm planning to send the invite tonight. I have about 180 people on my email list and I plan to send it to all of them. I think I'll have anywhere from 25 - 50 who will actually come or place an order (wish I could pin-point the number better, hopefully they will RSVP!)

What kind of ideas are you thinking about? Maybe I can borrow some of yours (and you may certainly borrow mine if you like them)

Attachments

• October 2006.doc
    230.5 KB · Views: 401
pamperedtiffani said:
I am doing a mystery host party in the end of October - also celebrating my first year as a consultant and I don't know how many people to invite. I typed up all of my previous customers and host that I had information on adn I am at about 115 people. I know a lot won't come, but I don't want anything near that number. Any suggestions form experienced folk?

Thanks!
:eek:

How many CAN you accommodate? I figure only 1/3-1/4 of guests invited will show . . .can you handle 30? If you think you can handle 30-40, invite them all. If not, have Pampered Partner create a list based on how much they spent. Then you can invite all of your hosts and your "preferred" customers. I always recommend reminder phone calls, even when you’ve got a big list. People forget.

When I hold my Mystery Host shows (I do two a year to help earn free products), I present an abbreviated regular show. I hold it at a local senior center and am able to have more products on display. I always have at least one assistant and need two or three if I know there will be a good turn out.

That MAY answer some of your questions. Keep posting more specific questions and see what others have to say.

Linda, beautiful invitation. It looks great!

Have you thought about sending it out as an Evite? That way you might have a rough idea of how many people might be attending. I had pretty good luck with people responding to my last party using Evite. Your invitation is really cute.

jenf said:
Have you thought about sending it out as an Evite? That way you might have a rough idea of how many people might be attending. I had pretty good luck with people responding to my last party using Evite. Your invitation is really cute.

I do plan to send this in an email. I hope that people will RSVP to me. Usually when I tell people that they can get something for free I get a good response from them. I did a Mystery Host party back in April with a few other vendors and we had @ 50 people attend. Since my email list has grown I'm hoping for the same sort of turn-out.

I say invite them all. I invited probally close to 100 people to my last show of course not all attend and if they did it would be your next $1,000 show.

pamperedlinda said:
Hey, I'm doing the same thing!

I was getting ready to start a thread on this, but you beat me to it - now we can work on this together.....if you don't mind:) .

Here's the invite I'm planning to use, any thoughts? I'm also planning to give everyone a little gift when they leave. I'm thinking about 2 twixits with a coupon for 10% off their next order and a magnetic business card, maybe put a little candy in there too? Do you have a better suggestion? I'm leaving town in the morning so I'm planning to send the invite tonight. I have about 180 people on my email list and I plan to send it to all of them. I think I'll have anywhere from 25 - 50 who will actually come or place an order (wish I could pin-point the number better, hopefully they will RSVP!)

What kind of ideas are you thinking about? Maybe I can borrow some of yours (and you may certainly borrow mine if you like them)

That is too funny - you must have found the same original invite I did. I am working off of the same design :p

I think I am going to invite my whole list and see who shows...

I am also thinking of mailing a lot of them - may get a better response from that. What do you think?

Here is my invite :)

Attachments

• October Mystery Host.doc
    292.5 KB · Views: 348
pamperedtiffani said:
That is too funny - you must have found the same original invite I did. I am working off of the same design :p

I think I am going to invite my whole list and see who shows...

I am also thinking of mailing a lot of them - may get a better response from that. What do you think?

Here is my invite :)

I think this is also my earlier invite, glad you found it. I didn't get much response when I posted the first time - guess I didn't follow Anne's advice about naming my thread :)p lol!). Your's looks good too, but you might want to erase the lines around the tables.

I'm away visiting my husband's family so not sure how often I can get out here to check updates. If you have any questions on how to erase the lines drop me an email at [email protected]. Not sure how often I'm going to have access, but I can get to email better than here.

Linda

"mystery sweet saleAn Idea I used for an open house was to do a theme such as JC Penneys does for their "sweet sale". I got little candy bars (those bite size ones) and then unwrapped the outer wrap and wrote or put a little sticker inside that wrapper with little prizes...ie...you get a pick from the goodie basket...you recieve free shipping on your order...you get 10% off your total...
Things like that...
When they entered in I had them sign in for the mystery hostess drawing.
Then they got to pick a candy bar from the basket or SA bowl or whatever. They were sooo excited to unwrap the candy bar wrapper. In the goody basket you can have PC things or just even go to the dollar store and get cute little things to have tissue wrapped. They love just getting anything. I keep my mystery host thing simple. I don't do all the ticket things and that. They come, they place an order, they get to be in the drawing.

Update on my showJust thought I'd update you all on how my One Year Anniversary/Customer Appreciation Party turned out. In one word....GREAT!! :D :D :D It was a lot of fun and I probably worked myself too hard and made too much food but everyone had a great time! and my house is really clean right now too! I had 14 people here and ended up with just over $900 in sales! Which was better than I was expecting! I drew for a Host & Co-Host to split the free and half-price items and I drew for one person to buy a knife. I also had a Pampered Pool drawing and one person got an extra $44 to spend. I had two door prizes that I gave away as well (Exec small saute pan and QSP). I sent everyone home with a little goodie bag with 3 twixit's, a magnetic business card and a coupon good for 10% off their next order.

That is great linda. Wow, your parties sound like so much fun I'm not surprised it was a success.

Ok, so my mystery host party is this Saturday. I invited 114 people (by snail mail) and I have heard from 7 - all family. I am getting very nervous. Today I am making calls to remind people. Wish me luck and I'll let you know how it goes...:(

If you have email addresses, send reminders this way too!

Good luck.

Jeanine

Ok, so I had my party. I am close to $700 with about 9 guests so that was good. Unfortunantely most of them were my family or my husbands family who are the wonderful people that have kept me in business. I really wanted more "guests" and was really hoping for bookings to keep my business going...

This should be a good time of the year for parties and I am struggling for bookings :(

I hope that wasn't my last party...

I wasn't able to open either one of those Mystery Host files. Could someone email them to me? PLEASE!

Thanks!

Susan

Related to Mystery Host - How Many to Invite???

What is a Mystery Host party?

A Mystery Host party is a unique type of Pampered Chef party where the host's name is kept a secret until the end. At the end of the party, all the orders placed by the guests are combined, and one person is chosen at random to earn the host rewards.

How many people should I invite to a Mystery Host party?

It is recommended to invite at least 10-12 people to a Mystery Host party. This will ensure a good turnout and increase the chances of earning the host rewards.

Do I have to be present to earn the host rewards?

No, you do not have to be present at the party to earn the host rewards. As long as you have invited at least 10-12 people and have at least $200 in sales, you will still be eligible to earn the host rewards.

How are the host rewards determined?

The host rewards are based on the total sales from the party. The more sales that are made, the higher the host rewards will be. The specific rewards can be found in the Pampered Chef catalog or on our website.

Can I host a Mystery Host party online?

Yes, you can host a Mystery Host party online. Simply invite your friends and family to shop online using your unique party link. At the end of the party, the orders will be combined, and one person will be chosen at random to earn the host rewards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • alidafrizzell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies