• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mysterious Star Member Status: How'd It Happen?

In summary, the conversation is about members of a forum noticing that some individuals have a "star" symbol next to their name while others have a "gold supporter" symbol. There is confusion about what these symbols mean, with some believing the star indicates a high level of contributions to the forum and others believing it simply means they paid more to join. One member praises another for their contributions and enthusiasm, while also expressing frustration with their own team's lack of enthusiasm. The conversation ends with a call for answers from a member named Greg.
dannyzmom
Gold Member
I just noticed I am now listed as a Star Member...how'd that happen? Did I do something?

Hmmm....not sure. I thought it was the amount of posts you have...say over 5 or 600 but I just looked at mine and I have more than you and don't have a star. :(

Yeah what is this about???

kcjodih said:
Hmmm....not sure. I thought it was the amount of posts you have...say over 5 or 600 but I just looked at mine and I have more than you and don't have a star. :(

But you have GOLD supporter - I think that's even better?

Gold supporter is lifetime member I believe. Paid $20 instead of $5 for the year.

I wanna be a star tooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :mad: :(

It just means that we hang out here too much. LOL!

DebbieJ said:
It just means that we hang out here too much. LOL!

Yup...that's prolly it - LOLOLOL

dannyzmom said:
I just noticed I am now listed as a Star Member...how'd that happen? Did I do something?

I've been wondering the same thing! Maybe it means we have an addiction:rolleyes:

lacychef said:
I've been wondering the same thing! Maybe it means we have an addiction:rolleyes:

Well now - THAT'S a given - LOL

Yep, it means that you have posted over 500 times.

I wish they would give the "gold supporters" our stars back!

Greg, you reading this thread????

So basically it is just evidence that I am a chefsuccess junkie, huh? LOL

Mine has always said gold supporter. No star for me.

BethCooks4U said:
Yep, it means that you have posted over 500 times.

I wish they would give the "gold supporters" our stars back!

Greg, you reading this thread????

Actually it means that you posted over 600 times, and gold supporter is better than star member! Star member is a person who paid $5 but is here like they paid the $20, LOL!

gilliandanielle said:
Actually it means that you posted over 600 times, and gold supporter is better than star member! Star member is a person who paid $5 but is here like they paid the $20, LOL!
Thanks for making that correction!

And I would STILL like to be a STAR! I did pay the higher fee but it doesn't matter to me that anyone KNOW I did. I think the star means that you are a contributer to help others on the site and I see that as more important than what one paid.

No I don't think it means that, because I have donated for other members fees.
Where is Greg to clear up the confusion when need him?

I think it is pretty clear by the number of posts that you have that you have contributed Beth!! I am sure that you have help EVERY single person on this board at one time or another just like Andrea, Anne, Susan, and you other 1600 club ladies!!

gilliandanielle said:
I think it is pretty clear by the number of posts that you have that you have contributed Beth!! I am sure that you have help EVERY single person on this board at one time or another just like Andrea, Anne, Susan, and you other 1600 club ladies!!
Thanks! :eek: I wasn't saying that I wanted you all to notice that I post a lot or help a lot. I just liked the star. The symbol. And I still think that it has more value than a symbol that says I paid more than the minimum dollars to join the group. I personally think what we pay is up to us individually and doesn't need to be published.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

PS: YOU contribute a lot too!!

I know that you don't need to be noticed for your contributions, or how you paid, but I thought it was a good time to say Thanks! for all you contribute to this board!!

gilliandanielle said:
I know that you don't need to be noticed for your contributions, or how you paid, but I thought it was a good time to say Thanks! for all you contribute to this board!!

I have got to second that - you REALLY are a HUGE help to all of us Beth! We love ya!

Beth is my favorite!

:eek: :eek: STOP already!

You are welcome! I wish my own team was as enthusiastic as you guys are!

Love ya!

BethCooks4U said:
I wish my own team was as enthusiastic as you guys are!

Isn't that funny?

Well, I am an addict and I don't have anything........... :(

I was wondering the same thing a couple weeks ago...

Where is Greg? We need answers here!!

BethCooks4U said:
Thanks! :eek: I wasn't saying that I wanted you all to notice that I post a lot or help a lot. I just liked the star. The symbol. And I still think that it has more value than a symbol that says I paid more than the minimum dollars to join the group. I personally think what we pay is up to us individually and doesn't need to be published.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

PS: YOU contribute a lot too!!

I understand what you mean. I used to want one of the older icons that Greg used to use (don't even remember which one) and now it is gone. Maybe you
should restart a thread that has greg name on it. He always responsed to those.

I think we have all contributed help at one time or another here. Which is what makes this place so great!!

l

jrstephens said:
Well, I am an addict and I don't have anything........... :(
You have only been with us since February! These things take time, grasshopper! (Yeah, like two hours a day! LOL!)

I'm an addict too and I don't have anything! Don't feel lonely. Maybe one day...

Jeanie

Just do a whole bunch of small posts...

Like this one....

And get your numbers up...

:D
make sure to wait 30 seconds between posts!

Serously, though...I wonder who has the highest number of posts?!?

gilliandanielle said:
You have only been with us since February! These things take time, grasshopper! (Yeah, like two hours a day! LOL!)

I have only been here since February too....but, before I started back to work full time I was on here for hours a day!!!

cmdtrgd said:
Serously, though...I wonder who has the highest number of posts?!?

My guess would be pamperedbecky! If its not her, then it has to be Beth!;)

cmdtrgd said:
Just do a whole bunch of small posts...
That's cheating!:p

Kate- you are so funny! When I was close to 600 I really wanted to be a star member so I posted on almost every thread to boost my numbers! That was the day that I found out there was a 10 character minimum on posts!

I thnk Anne is in the lead posts wise, isn't she???

1835 and growing....

gilliandanielle said:
Kate- you are so funny! When I was close to 600 I really wanted to be a star member so I posted on almost every thread to boost my numbers! That was the day that I found out there was a 10 character minimum on posts!
What do you mean when you got close to 600, isn't that what you do all the time, post to every thread, lol. :p

I'm close, but Becky has 1993!

Anne jumped on here and passed me by I swear she was going about 100 mph!!

Andrea: You're so funny! I'm from Joisey... what can I say, we all go 100mph!

jdavis said:
What do you mean when you got close to 600, isn't that what you do all the time, post to every thread, lol. :p
LOL! I used to have time to post to every thread, but then DS started walking and I will start to post to a thread and then come back two hours later to find a half finished post! He is ALWAYS getting into something! Now I only have time to post on every OTHER thread Jennifer!! LOL!

Becky should get a tiara by her name for being "queen of the posters!" Then I can post TWICE on every thread to steal her title, LOL!

gilliandanielle said:
Becky should get a tiara by her name for being "queen of the posters!" Then I can post TWICE on every thread to steal her title, LOL!

She used to be on here every day almost! But now being a Director things may have gotten busy for her! She's my recruiter actually and I found her here! Don't see her here 1/2 as much anymore!:(

gilliandanielle said:
Ahhh... There is an ugly side to Chef Success...

AJPratt said:
Ahhh... There is an ugly side to Chef Success...
Must be the hormones, lmao. :D :p

I did finally get my AF today, so my hormones may be seeping into my posts, LOL!!

Awww... Gillian, I sorry but glad. Is that weird? It'll be the perfect time!

Don't forget to let everyone in the TTC thread. I know some were pulling for you.

<< Dr Pratt out >>

Last edited:
Ah, sorry Gill, I know we all had our fingers crossed for your tests to just be messed up. Just take your midol, lol.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • Cheryl Dodge
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
AJPratt