• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with a Delivery Exception: What Happens Next?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a "delivery exception" on a shipment due to an incorrect address. The advice given was to have the recipient contact FedEx to provide a corrected address, or for the sender to contact FedEx directly. Personal experiences were also shared, including a situation where a driver falsely marked a package as undeliverable. It was also mentioned that FedEx can be reached through phone or online. Ultimately, the issue was resolved and the participants expressed their satisfaction with FedEx's service.
pamperedape
Yikes! I just checked the status of my last shipment and it says, "delivery exception". Then, somewhere it says, "incorrect address - street address". So what will happen to the stuff? Will it go back to PC and they will get ahold of me? :cry:

Anyone ever see that?

I would think they'll attempt to contact the recipient first to see if they can get a corrected address. I've seen delivery exceptions when I worked with a company that used UPS and that's what they would do, which is why a phone number is usually required to send a package. You could be proactive and have the recipient call Fedex with the tracking information and give them the info they need... that might work too...

Try calling FedEx and see if they can give you any information...

Yes, call FedEx immediately! Sometimes it could be something simple as the driver not doing his job correctly. I am serious. It has happened.

tpchefrebecca said:
Yes, call FedEx immediately! Sometimes it could be something simple as the driver not doing his job correctly. I am serious. It has happened.

That's for sure. I had a shipment that was labeled as delivery exeception because the "delivery attempted, customer wasn't home". I submitted a complaint on FedEx's website and then called as well. I ended up talking with the regional supervisor for my area and also with the route owner. They both talked with the driver and found out that he missed by package in the truck and was about 30 minutes from my house when he found it. He was done with his route and it would have taken him an hour to drive out, deliver my package and drive back, so he marked it as a delivery exception. Since PC doesn't require signatures, everyone knew that he wasn't telling the truth because it shouldn't have mattered that I wasn't home. And what he didn't know was that my babysitter was there ALL DAY and had the front door open at the time that he listed as "delivery attempted". Now, when I have a delivery, the driver (yes, still the same driver) comes and knocks on my door and if I am home, personally hands me the package. If there are large boxes, he even offers to bring them in the house for me.

Anyway, the point is that you need to contact FedEx because the system only shows what someone else entered... and that may not be accurate!

Can I get them 24 hrs., or wait until morning?

Thanks for all the info by the way!!! :)

1-800-GoFedEx
They're open til 8:30 Central - you've got another 7 minutes to call them.

You can also submit the complaint/question on the internet as well!

Well, I went in to watch a movie with DH and PROMPTLY fell asleep after posting my last question. (hehe!!)

So, imagine my surprise about ten minutes ago when the phone rang at 7:40 AM and it was FedEx wanting to know what we could do about this! I guess I just put MY phone number in when I entered the show. It works out GREAT though because the address was the host's work address and nobody would've been there to get the packages! Now, they're coming to me today.

I'll say it while I can - I LOVE FEDEX!!!

Very cool, glad to hear things worked out!

Perfect! Glad to hear it all worked out!

Related to Dealing with a Delivery Exception: What Happens Next?

What is "Oh No..."?

"Oh No..." is a versatile seasoning blend sold by Pampered Chef. It is a combination of herbs and spices that adds a savory and slightly tangy flavor to dishes.

What are the ingredients in "Oh No..."?

The ingredients in "Oh No..." include garlic, onion, sea salt, lemon peel, red bell pepper, tomato powder, and various spices such as black pepper, oregano, and basil.

How can I use "Oh No..." in my cooking?

"Oh No..." can be used as a dry rub for meats, added to marinades, sprinkled on vegetables, or used as a seasoning for soups, stews, and sauces. It can also be mixed with oil and vinegar for a tasty salad dressing.

Is "Oh No..." gluten-free?

Yes, "Oh No..." is gluten-free, making it a suitable seasoning option for those with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease.

Can I purchase "Oh No..." in bulk?

Yes, "Oh No..." is available for purchase in a larger size container for those who use it frequently or for those who want to stock up. The larger size also makes it a great option for hosting parties or events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Mystik
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PChef_ang
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies