• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Two Bookings Just Got Together and Want to Have One Party

In summary, the conversation revolves around a hostess inviting a consultant to do a cooking show at her house, but her friend is concerned about the size of her house. The consultant suggests combining parties at the other hostess's bigger house, but this means they will have to share host benefits. The consultant is hesitant but ultimately decides to go for it and encourages both hostesses to invite 40 people each. The result is a successful party with a combined list of 58 people and over $1200 in sales. The consultant also suggests inviting friends to the party and the hosts receive over $200 in free products. The conversation ends with the consultant thanking everyone for their input and emphasizing the success of a cohosted party.
TheChaoticCook
Is this a "good" thing??? I work with both these gals. One is a Partylite consultant and the other is my BFF. My BFF is concerned that her house is too small to host a cooking show (she hosted a partylite one OK and I've tried to put her at ease about the cooking show and that I can do it anywhere, no biggie) but apparently her and the other gal got together and decided to combine parties at the other gals house which is bigger. I told them both that the downside to this is they'd have to share the host benefits and it's a shame to have a party and not get 100% of the benefits but that didn't change their mind. I'm kinda bummed about this. Since I'm so new I have no experience with this kind of thing. Is this a really bad thing? I was really wanting the experience of 2 additional cooking shows but I also want my hosts to be comfortable about hosting! I'd hate for one to back out if I pushed the "have your own party" idea. Any thoughts?

My last cohosted party was over $1100! They have to realize that the last host will only get 1 host special instead of two and they will have to choose who gets the host special. But think about it, they will both collect outside orders from their circle of family and friends and invite their circle of family and friends. Encourage each of them to still invite 40 people!

As long as they both try to invite 40 and each has good attendance send it in as two parties, just as if it were a mega show with 3+ hostesses. Just make sure the guests each invited have the right host name on the order form. I think it will be great - two parties in the time it takes to do one!

Cohosted shows can be successful, especially if you coach each host as if they were the sole host that night. If the show reaches $1000, they'll actually each get better benefits if you split the orders by host (A's guests count towards her show, B's to her's) - like a Mega Show. Well, that's assuming that they're fairly even, not $150 to one, and $850 to the other. :rolleyes:

If the one is your BFF can't you tell her how you are feeling? Can you say to her that it would help you out more to have the experience as well as the extra show to help qualify. (That is if you haven't yet.)

Sarah, I have told her but, I KNOW she wouldn't even be having a PC show if it wasn't for me being her BFF. You gals givng me positive feedback is making me feel better about the show. I'll still cross my fingers for bookings and high sales. I'll also consider making it two shows if the gals are close in sales that way they'll both get some benefits.
Thank you all for your imput, I sincerely appreciate it. I don't know what I'd do without Chef Success!!!

It will be okay! Just make sure to work with both of them as if it were two different parties!

Wow! That is an awesome opportunity and sounds like alot of fun! Heck Yeah...go for it...I'm sure it will be great and let us know how it turned out! I would really encourage everyone invited to bring along a friend too. Good Luck!!

This is the result of a show I did like the one you described.

<----------------------

I got a combined list of 58 people .... After about 13 people came and ordered, I got 11 more outside orders for a total of 24 buying guests and $1200 in sales.

They got over $200 in free product and divided it into 3 baskets, which are being raffled off for Relay.

One of the bookings was the one host's aunt ... these two are coming and have been asked to read a list of what they got for free.

Never underestimate the power of 2 people putting their heads together.

Related to My Two Bookings Just Got Together and Want to Have One Party

1. What should I do if my two bookings want to have one party?

If your two bookings would like to combine and have one party, it is important to communicate with both hosts to ensure they are both on board with the idea. Once you have their approval, you can work with them to decide on a date, time, and location for the party.

2. Will the hosts still receive their individual host rewards or will they have to split them?

The hosts will still receive their individual host rewards. As long as the orders from both bookings are combined, the hosts will receive their own rewards based on the total party sales.

3. Can the guests from each booking still earn their own rewards?

Yes, guests from each booking can still earn their own rewards as long as their orders are combined for the party. The rewards will be based on the total party sales.

4. How should I handle the orders and payments for a combined party?

You can handle the orders and payments for a combined party by creating a separate order form for each booking. The orders can then be combined and submitted as one party order. The hosts can also choose to split the cost of the orders between them if they prefer.

5. What if one of the hosts wants to cancel their booking after combining it with another?

If one of the hosts decides to cancel their booking after combining it with another, you can work with the remaining host to either continue with the combined party or reschedule for a different date. It is important to communicate with both hosts and make sure they are both satisfied with the decision.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
K.Shaffer
Replies
Views
lovecookn