• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Turn to Comment on Cs (Beware: Tirade)

In summary, the original member posts about needing help and the husband's response is right on. The outrage expressed by some members is more a response to the fact that they can see themselves in the woman in question. The wife's follow-up post clears up some of the confusion and dismay that was expressed.
pamperedlinda said:
I have always loved CS, it saved my business at a time when I was floundering. Over the past few years that I have been a member, I have seen the cycles of the site - lately it has been a waste of time, I'm ready for this cycle to end and for it to get back to the fun and helpfulness and support that it used to be. There used to be so many who were willing to help, now they are just looking for an arguement or a put-down :confused:.

You put into words exactly what I have been feeling. I'm all for direct speaking, but a little bit of old-fashioned southern manners would be nice over there. Sweetened ice tea anyone?

I just went and reported the thread and hope that Greg will close it up. I'm a little miffed that he started it in the first place. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that in this election more than any others I've kept up with emotions and opinions are running high. He threatened to close it when we were debating abortion and religion. He should go ahead and do it now. It is serving no purpose.

Vote to close it! Stand up with me.

legacypc46 said:
You put into words exactly what I have been feeling. I'm all for direct speaking, but a little bit of old-fashioned southern manners would be nice over there. Sweetened ice tea anyone?

is there any other kind?!?!;)

It has been so many DAYS since I have been on CS or DS and when I come back to CS just to light candles, I looked on the post that Leggy started and sure enough...it ended up to be a mean bashing thread.

Leggy, thank you for having the courage and guts to put yourself out there and thank you to those that supported her too.

I will continue to be a life member of CS but for now, will mainly use it for lurking and idea taking...not sharing. I will share on DS, however. CS is not an atmosphere that I choose to be in. What really stinks is I don't have the time to sift through the crap to offer support to people. What worries me is that there will be no new blood and certainly this gives more support to those in PC that don't support CS.

Very sad, but some over there are just so happy muddling in the mess that they now defend it. :eek:

Now...for my friends Beth and Janice...my prayers will be with you both. Janice, my father had double knee replacements 2 years ago when he was 74 and my brother just had both of them done and he is 56. Why both at the same time? Because you go through recovery once and many people won't go back to have the second one done! Both are doing well, but I just can't imagine the pain that all of you go through with your knees.

And Janice...my other brother has had spine and back problems since age 19. You take care of that back. I know money and time on surgery is burdensome, but if this problem will get worse, then it is best to have it fixed now.

Both of you take care!!!

Thank you all for making my post sharing earlier easier. It is hard to admit that we can act so foolishly sometimes. My school job is just burying me right now and I hope that my PC business doesn't get put on the back burner for too long. I know I feel like I have been on a burner and am quite crispy around the edges!!:bugeye:

But, Ann, you are still at least on the stove, right?!?!?!

baychef said:
It has been so many DAYS since I have been on CS or DS and when I come back to CS just to light candles, I looked on the post that Leggy started and sure enough...it ended up to be a mean bashing thread.

Leggy, thank you for having the courage and guts to put yourself out there and thank you to those that supported her too.

I will continue to be a life member of CS but for now, will mainly use it for lurking and idea taking...not sharing. I will share on DS, however. CS is not an atmosphere that I choose to be in. What really stinks is I don't have the time to sift through the crap to offer support to people. What worries me is that there will be no new blood and certainly this gives more support to those in PC that don't support CS.

Very sad, but some over there are just so happy muddling in the mess that they now defend it. :eek:

Now...for my friends Beth and Janice...my prayers will be with you both. Janice, my father had double knee replacements 2 years ago when he was 74 and my brother just had both of them done and he is 56. Why both at the same time? Because you go through recovery once and many people won't go back to have the second one done! Both are doing well, but I just can't imagine the pain that all of you go through with your knees.

And Janice...my other brother has had spine and back problems since age 19. You take care of that back. I know money and time on surgery is burdensome, but if this problem will get worse, then it is best to have it fixed now.

Both of you take care!!!

Thank you all for making my post sharing earlier easier. It is hard to admit that we can act so foolishly sometimes. My school job is just burying me right now and I hope that my PC business doesn't get put on the back burner for too long. I know I feel like I have been on a burner and am quite crispy around the edges!!:bugeye:

Ann, (I'm the one with the knee problem :p)

I have been told that when you do both at the same times that the recovery time is actually longer because neither knee is strong. I need to check further into this. One of my knees is much worse than the other and only one has been MRI'd but both bother me...

ooooppppssss....I went and got involved on Kris's thread...........I think it is a good time to delete CS from my favorites....then maybe I won't be so tempted to get involved over there!

Never mind. Found it.

I think it is titled "Ignoring the Lounge?"

I have decided to just be a lurker over there~ no more posting in the lounge AT ALL!!!! I have to be strong if there is no way for Greg to let us ignore the darn thing. It is just sucking too much of my time and energy...................

bethcooks4u said:
Ann, (I'm the one with the knee problem :p)

I have been told that when you do both at the same times that the recovery time is actually longer because neither knee is strong. I need to check further into this. One of my knees is much worse than the other and only one has been MRI'd but both bother me...

:cry:proof that I am crispy around the edges!!! I typed Janice, but I was thinking of you, Beth, when I typed it!! (hope that counts!!)

For my Dad, he was supposed to have back surgery, but he waited so long to have his knees done that they told him, knees first (his grandsons had never seen him with straight legs!!!). Dad had a bad reaction to the drugs, one surgeon operated on both knees (long operation) and his recovery time in the hospital and the rehab was about 5 weeks. He was operated on July 25th and by Thanksgiving, he was driving solo in the car.
My brother was operated on August 14th. He had 2 surgeons operate so his operation only lasted about 1 to 1.5 hours. He left rehab on August 26th. He has a two story home and his shower is on the second floor. He is now walking with a cane and is progressing well.
Also, they also say that if both are bad, and you do one at a time, your body gets out of whack compensating for the other bad knee.
My brother had his done in Buffalo too where they have more experienced doctors than where my Dad had his done. Not that he didn't have good care, but that does make a difference sometimes. I think Dad may not have had the complications he had if he had been put into ICU right off the bat. He had a mild heart attack because of a fatty emboli floating from having the bone cut into.
Boy, I've talked you right into this one haven't I!!!!!:eek:

Funny thing is the person who attacked Carolyn attacked Kris. Well she talked about self control and I think that was an attack. She is on my ignore list and I must write that I have been very happy with that choice. The only reason I knew she attacked Kris was because someone quoted her.

Kris, I thought your idea was great!

After spending so much of my time last week on CS and posting more than I have ever posted, I have not been on there much the past couple of days and do not plan on spending much time on there, if at all.

I like my non-judgemental, helpful, successful and friendly DCS friends!

chefmeg said:
I think it is titled "Ignoring the Lounge?"

I have decided to just be a lurker over there~ no more posting in the lounge AT ALL!!!! I have to be strong if there is no way for Greg to let us ignore the darn thing. It is just sucking too much of my time and energy...................

Ok, Meg and Lisa...behave...stay off the darn thing!!!! ;)It IS tempting and unfortunately, if it means not lighting candles for Paige for me to break the routine, then so be it.

It doesn't seem to matter what the title of the thread is...people are getting just downright mean for no good reason. They get so fired up and it just oozes from one thing to the next.:sick:

If they put the time and energy they spend either on their business or helping another human being they would be happier people. I know they claim to be happy, but actions speak louder than words.

ChefLisa said:
Funny thing is the person who attacked Carolyn attacked Kris. Well she talked about self control and I think that was an attack. She is on my ignore list and I must write that I have been very happy with that choice. The only reason I knew she attacked Kris was because someone quoted her.

Kris, I thought your idea was great!

After spending so much of my time last week on CS and posting more than I have ever posted, I have not been on there much the past couple of days and do not plan on spending much time on there, if at all.

I like my non-judgemental, helpful, successful and friendly DCS friends!

That is the "oozing". I am judgemental (mainly mental!!) but you know in the scope of life why do I need to share, argue and hurt others to get my point across? Opinions are like "fill in the blank" everyone has one...my addition onto this saying is....and they all stink!!! :eek:

I will now go and wash my mouth out with PC's Lemon & Rosemary Hand Soap!!!:rolleyes:

Beth/Meg made great points in their posts on 'my' CS thread. The nice thing about starting a thread, is having the ability to delete it. ;)

legacypc46 said:
Beth/Meg made great points in their posts on 'my' CS thread. The nice thing about starting a thread, is having the ability to delete it. ;)

you sneaky devil you! I just wish you could have left it on there to prove your point about CS, but it was good you didn't...now I have NO reason to go over there!

You know what might make CS a little nicer and tamer? If Greg would put in the "Thanks" tab. I find myself trying to find something nice to say just to see my Thanks grow!

I tell ya' I'm a recognition fiend!! That's my WHY! :))

That is an awesome idea..............Oh, Greg!!!!!! Should we all pm him with a request???

<H2>1. What is the issue that sparked this post?</H2><p>The issue is a thread on CS (Consultant's Corner) where a husband posted on behalf of his wife, who was struggling with her Pampered Chef business.</p><H2>2. What was the initial response to the husband's post?</H2><p>The initial response was supportive, with some members relating to asking for help from their spouses in their own businesses.</p><H2>3. How often do directors stress the importance of actively working one's business?</H2><p>Directors often emphasize the need to actively work one's business, rather than just thinking, reading, or complaining about it.</p><H2>4. Is it common for interventions to be uncomfortable for both the person in need and their enablers?</H2><p>Yes, interventions can be uncomfortable for both the person in need and their enablers.</p><H2>5. What clarification was provided by the member in question?</H2><p>The member clarified that she had given her husband permission to post on her behalf and that she was grateful for the support and advice given in the thread.</p>

1. What is the issue that sparked this post?

The issue is a thread on CS (Consultant's Corner) where a husband posted on behalf of his wife, who was struggling with her Pampered Chef business.

2. What was the initial response to the husband's post?

The initial response was supportive, with some members relating to asking for help from their spouses in their own businesses.

3. How often do directors stress the importance of actively working one's business?

Directors often emphasize the need to actively work one's business, rather than just thinking, reading, or complaining about it.

4. Is it common for interventions to be uncomfortable for both the person in need and their enablers?

Yes, interventions can be uncomfortable for both the person in need and their enablers.

5. What clarification was provided by the member in question?

The member clarified that she had given her husband permission to post on her behalf and that she was grateful for the support and advice given in the thread.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
allergycooker
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies