• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Turn to Comment on Cs (Beware: Tirade)

In summary, the original member posts about needing help and the husband's response is right on. The outrage expressed by some members is more a response to the fact that they can see themselves in the woman in question. The wife's follow-up post clears up some of the confusion and dismay that was expressed.
ardipc
Gold Member
OK, so some of you may recognize me as mostly a lurker, but I do post when I feel I can be helpful. I have to say that today, though, I wanted so very badly to post on CS, but kept myself from doing so only because I know that what I wanted to say would only have been perceived as hurtful, and not helpful.

The issue I'm talking about is the "husband's intervention" thread and follow-up thread posted by the CS member herself this evening. My initial response to the husband's initial posting was: Right on! Sometimes, I DO ask my spouse for help in getting me out of something that I know I've gotten too deeply into, and it appeared to me that that was what was happening. The outrage that was expressed for page after page seemed to me to smack less of true concern for the woman in question and more a response to the fact that many of them possibly could see a little too much of themselves in there.

How often do we as director's comment that you HAVE to WORK your business, not just think or read about it (or even just discuss/complain about it with other consultants).

No intervention is comfortable for the person that needs it. Nor is it comfortable for the enablers that support it. Would anyone think that the fellow alcoholic drinking buddies of an alcoholic would be happy with an intervention staged by that individual's loved ones?

For those who were honestly concerned, I am glad that clarification by the member herself was posted tonight in a new thread in the Lounge. I was again tempted to post my feelings when I saw the righteous indignation that has come out to reprimand the original member that letting someone else post for her was totally wrong.

Anyway, I'm going to get off my high horse now. I just needed a private place to get this off my chest before I jumped in there and know I would regret that.

Ardi

You go right ahead and vent, Ardi! I'm glad it's over now. If... they'll let it die.

I'll have to go check that out. After it went totally crazy with innuendo and accusations I quit reading it. Sorry to say, it's the same individuals who usually stir things up that took it 'to the bad side'.

And the same individuals who spend all their time stirring it up and the ones who whine and complain when incentives are "too hard" to attain. Well, quit stirring the pot and start working your business and you wouldn't be whining! LOL

dannyzmom said:
and the same individuals who spend all their time stirring it up and the ones who whine and complain when incentives are "too hard" to attain. Well, quit stirring the pot and start working your business and you wouldn't be whining! Lol

soooooooooooooooooo true!!!!!

dannyzmom said:
And the same individuals who spend all their time stirring it up and the ones who whine and complain when incentives are "too hard" to attain. Well, quit stirring the pot and start working your business and you wouldn't be whining! LOL

amen sister! Now I need to get busy and work my biz so I can take time off next year to enjoy my PC vacation!

hmmmm, will it be 'Mojitos in Miami' or 'French Wine in Paris' or 'Margaritas in Mexco'? decisions.......decisions.......decisions! :D

I am going to have to go read the post from the wife....I thought it was handled poorly by the both of them....why tell everyone one CS that you are walking away for awhile to work your business? Just walk away! That was the part I didn't like...off to read that one and then GO WORK MY BUSINESS!

Wish that they would all go to work instead of spending time on CS. Trouble is, many are spending their WORK hours doing it!

I was thinking that this board is so slow compared to CS and how I wish it were busier because I don't like going on CS as much...then I realized that maybe it's slow because we Directors spend more time building a business than others?

I'm on here way more than I should be...but I'm bad and I log in at work. :\

Before my subscription ran out, I felt like I never had enough time to get my work done with I sat down "to work." When I didn't renew, I was amazed at all the time I had and realized how much time I actually spent over there! It's totally addicting! Every now and then (when I see stuff like this), I want to sign up again just to see... but I know I will be sucked back in and it will be counter productive to my biz. So this is my only outlet now! :)

Well, one of the Consutlants on CS bashed Carolyn on the McCain pick Palin post. I commented back that I am done with the post and possibly CS as a whole. There are some MEAN people on that board. I do not really feel like helping MEAN people.

Nobody messes with our Carolyn!!!

ChefLisa said:
Well, one of the Consutlants on CS bashed Carolyn on the McCain pick Palin post. I commented back that I am done with the post and possibly CS as a whole. There are some MEAN people on that board. I do not really feel like helping MEAN people.

Nobody messes with our Carolyn!!!

Well of course, I'm nosy and had to read it! She just replied back and she doesn't seem to be a nice person. Hmm, I'm sorry Carolyn!

I just LOVE you guys!!!!!

dannyzmom said:
I just LOVE you guys!!!!!

We love you too! Hey, what are you going to do about Ike? It's not looking good! My meetign is supposed to be on Tuesday but now I"m wondering if I should reschedule. What do you think? When's your meeting?

pampmomof3 said:
We love you too! Hey, what are you going to do about Ike? It's not looking good! My meetign is supposed to be on Tuesday but now I"m wondering if I should reschedule. What do you think? When's your meeting?

Mine' sMonday - I am definitely rescheduling it!!
I am nervous about Ike - very nervous!!!

dannyzmom said:
Mine' sMonday - I am definitely rescheduling it!!
I am nervous about Ike - very nervous!!!

I know, me too. my dh told me to go to Georgia on Monday but I'm not sure if that's safe either. I may be going to the west coast. Ugh! I hate not knowing things!!! Hurricane shutters are going up on Saturday for sure!

pampmomof3 said:
I know, me too. my dh told me to go to Georgia on Monday but I'm not sure if that's safe either. I may be going to the west coast. Ugh! I hate not knowing things!!! Hurricane shutters are going up on Saturday for sure!

Come on up to Georgia and you can come to my sales meeting on Sunday! Okay, I am 30 miles north of Atlanta, but you can make the trip! Oooo...you could be my guest speaker!;)

YIKES! I'm praying for you two!!!

ChefLisa said:
Come on up to Georgia and you can come to my sales meeting on Sunday! Okay, I am 30 miles north of Atlanta, but you can make the trip! Oooo...you could be my guest speaker!;)

Hahah!!That's funny! Guest speaker! :blushing::blushing: If I go to Georgia, it'll be Saint Mary's at my sister's house. Hey, how are all those shoes?

pampmomof3 said:
Hahah!!That's funny! Guest speaker! :blushing::blushing: If I go to Georgia, it'll be Saint Mary's at my sister's house. Hey, how are all those shoes?

The kids love them! The 11 and 5 year old are covered for a while because I got some shoes in their current size and some that are larger.

Eventully I will be putting the video on YouTube. I have just never done that before so I am in learning mode.

Thanks for asking!

Hey, no problem! I can't wait to see the video and your dress!

Vent....warning!!I have never been so disappointed in CS as I am right now. It has become a political and religious posting sight. There is NOTHING wrong with posting feelings and opinions but it really pits people against each other even though we try to be grown up. Negative posts about people such as Carolyn who contribute and support so much...and before there have been negative posts about Beth who also contributes and supports too! (I sure there are more people too that have been attacked)

I have not been on CS in 3 days except to do a private message and to light candles for Paige. Tonight I went on and was disappointed to see that it is getting worse instead of better. Not that there is anything wrong with Chef's Lounge, but it seems like 75% of the posts are on that area and none are business related.

Yes, it is slow here, but as it was stated above, but boy, what richness comes from the PC community over here!

One of Carolyn's posts referred to her Grandmother saying one should not discuss politics and religion. I so wanted to add that not only did I agree with Carolyn's Grandmother, but I also wanted to add that my Mother taught me that if you didn't have anything nice to say...then don't say it at all.

I am following Carolyn's wise Grandmother and my wise Mother. My business has slid this last year from negativity (mainly existing between my own ears.)
I am currently fighting to regain ground and gain back better business habits. CS does little to contribute to that right now. I used to leave the site feeling inspired with great ideas, support and as if I am in a community of fellow Cheffers. Now I feel as if I am in the middle of a political and religious war. I honestly have been very bothered by my feelings about CS these last few days.

Thank you to all that keep DS a productive business oriented site. Sharing and supporting as we do at conference and leadership...that's what we need to keep alive in each other.

I appreciate you all!:love0010:

Sorry to say that I posted more than I probably should have. Feeling a little bad about it now. However, I added a new thread I hope everyone will view and post a response. It is titled, "Something Different to Think About."

Thanks for sharing...I just might take a chance and check it out!!!:chef:

I agree with you Ann :)

I mostly Lurk. I read, check in on my pals and take it all in. I don't post much, I am a bad typer. I do celebrate with you all, even if I don't always type it and same goes with the sympathy, empathy and hugs.

I have been on CS about as long as I have been a consultant, I did the same thing there. It seems to me like it goes in cycles.
Sometimes it is all business, supportive and fun. And then sometimes we go down a rabbit trail and don't come back for a while.

That's when I really get quiet and wait for the tide to shift.
I come here for support in my business, along the way I have gotten some friends :)

In my past life I was sole person in charge of a little underground news/political rag.
I have lots of opinions, I know lots of things and none of that ever made me friends, lifted me up higher emotionally, financially or spiritually. But The Pampered Chef has, my friends and mentors here have and I would like to keep it that way.
So....If I am quiet, never go to the lounge, or maybe don't say congrats when I should. Please know that I am smiling and cheering over here for you and that I just have FINALLY learned to keep my big mouth to myself. sometimes ;)

Oh, and the naughty side of me posted I will delete the thread if anyone starts to disagree with anyone. It is meant for opinions and no one is allowed to disagree with someone's opinion on it. Your opinion belongs to you and no one can take it away from you.

Koolotus said:

I mostly Lurk. I read, check in on my pals and take it all in. I don't post much, I am a bad typer. I do celebrate with you all, even if I don't always type it and same goes with the sympathy, empathy and hugs.

I have been on CS about as long as I have been a consultant, I did the same thing there. It seems to me like it goes in cycles.
Sometimes it is all business, supportive and fun. And then sometimes we go down a rabbit trail and don't come back for a while.

I come here for support in my business, along the way I have gotten some friends :)

In my past life I was sole person in charge of a little underground news/political rag.
I have lots of opinions, I know lots of things and none of that ever made me friends, lifted me up higher emotionally, financially or spiritually. But The Pampered Chef has, my friends and mentors here have and I would like to keep it that way.
So....If I am quiet, never go to the lounge, or maybe don't say congrats when I should. Please know that I am smiling and cheering over here for you and that I just have FINALLY learned to keep my big mouth to myself. sometimes ;)

A very nice post!

I agree with you all about the tone at CS. I hate that we all can't just get along. It would be nice if there was a "Rep Post" and a "Dem Post" so that we can just post our good thoughts about our OWN choices without being bashed by bullies.

It's really disappointing to see people slinging bad remarks about the other party's candidates.

Just support who you want to support and don't worry about what others think, and don't bash the other party. For heavens sake, we are all adults!

Koolotus said:

Well, Missy, I bet you have been dragged through your share of hot coals!!! What a beautiful and thoughtful post.

We all have opinions and we don't have to look too far to find someone to disagree with them! And I am convinced that a greater part of the human species is programed to think negatively. I participated in one thread when I could discuss facts, but then I stopped posting when I noticed that it turned into an opinion fest and now without reading the thread, it sounds like it has turned ugly. (which is no suprise to me)

Presidential elections bring out the passion in people. I noticed that the last election did this too...and the one before that too. I watched my college aged anti-establisment brother debate and get into heated discussions with my grandfather at the dinner table when Nixon was president. It was ugly and feelings were hurt.

Thank you for sharing and it's nice to know there is such a nice lurker such as you cheering us on behind the scenes!!

jwpamp said:
i agree with you all about the tone at cs. I hate that we all can't just get along. It would be nice if there was a "rep post" and a "dem post" so that we can just post our good thoughts about our own choices without being bashed by bullies.

It's really disappointing to see people slinging bad remarks about the other party's candidates.

Just support who you want to support and don't worry about what others think, and don't bash the other party. For heavens sake, we are all adults!

amen, sister!!!

jwpamp said:
I agree with you all about the tone at CS. I hate that we all can't just get along. It would be nice if there was a "Rep Post" and a "Dem Post" so that we can just post our good thoughts about our OWN choices without being bashed by bullies.

That is actually a great idea!

Go ahead, Lisa, you can use my idea, but I am not going anywhere NEAR CS for now! :eek:

Okay, I need your help. I need to be encouraged on down right threatened to stay off Chef Success tomorrow. I was off for so long and now I have been truly sucked by in. The distractions are not helping my business at all.

Please help me!

I am going to another Consultant's show in the morning. She is in my Director's downline. Since my Director moved away, she asked me to help her by attending. I am looking forward to it because I love helping others with their businesses.

jwpamp said:
Go ahead, Lisa, you can use my idea, but I am not going anywhere NEAR CS for now! :eek:

You are so smart! It is too dangerous!

ChefLisa said:
Okay, I need your help. I need to be encouraged on down right threatened to stay off Chef Success tomorrow. I was off for so long and now I have been truly sucked by in. The distractions are not helping my business at all.

Please help me!

I am going to another Consultant's show in the morning. She is in my Director's downline. Since my Director moved away, she asked me to help her by attending. I am looking forward to it because I love helping others with their businesses.

Ok...here is what happened with me. I started getting upset about the tone on some threads (must be before the crap REALLY hit the fan) I found I was thinking about it unconsciously (sp?). Then I was questioning myself and saying to myself...am I getting so closed minded that I can't listen to other's opinions? and putting myself down...then I would get angry when I hear news reports that bothered me. As I stated in a previous paragraph, my business has been lagging.

Last year I had a lot on my plate and had a family illness that I contributed much time to. I would have had it no other way, but since I work full time other than PC, my business took a back seat and my habits became bad.

I have a downline consultant that is doing fantastic but I did something I was not aware of. Once I realized it, I was so ashamed and feel horrible admitting it. I was actually thinking that she was out to steal my business and I felt she was rubbing her success in my face at times... There, I said it and I am so ashamed, because I had this done to me and it was horrible.

The best thing I can do for myself, my business, my team, my family, my staff at my full time job, etc. is to STOP with this negativity. It was sucking the life out of me and my business.

CS was not contributing to this, but right now I know that if I go on certain posts, I will start thinking stupid thoughts again. One negative thought runs into the next. It took me a few days to stop myself, but each time I read threads, the same things were happening again. My vow is to ONLY read threads that are NOT Chef Lounge posts (I made the exception with your nice thread, however). ONLY check files for new ideas and click on any post that interested me that was strictly business related.

FOCUS on your business! What needs improvement? How do you feel is the best way to overcome this obstacle in your business? Write down all that you need to do and how you are going to do it. What is your time frame for starting to impliment your plan? Where do you want to be in 6 months or 1 year. How are you going to do it?

Ok...now I have to go take my own advice!!!:D Focus on this wonderful task that your director has trusted you with. She much have so much confidence in you to give this to you. Focus on what you can bring to the table and contribute.

Let us know how you make out...with CS abstinence :eek:and with your meeting tomorrow!!

Ann, that is a beautiful and heartfelt post. It is also very inspiring to me.

I will stay off CS tomorrow. I really should stay off the lounge. It is truly addicting. It does not help my business or my family in any way.

Thank you very much!

I just challenged everyone on CS to stay off tomorrow if they do not have the show schedule they want.

baychef said:
Ok...here is what happened with me. I started getting upset about the tone on some threads (must be before the crap REALLY hit the fan) I found I was thinking about it unconsciously (sp?). Then I was questioning myself and saying to myself...am I getting so closed minded that I can't listen to other's opinions? and putting myself down...then I would get angry when I hear news reports that bothered me. As I stated in a previous paragraph, my business has been lagging.

Last year I had a lot on my plate and had a family illness that I contributed much time to. I would have had it no other way, but since I work full time other than PC, my business took a back seat and my habits became bad.

I have a downline consultant that is doing fantastic but I did something I was not aware of. Once I realized it, I was so ashamed and feel horrible admitting it. I was actually thinking that she was out to steal my business and I felt she was rubbing her success in my face at times... There, I said it and I am so ashamed, because I had this done to me and it was horrible.

The best thing I can do for myself, my business, my team, my family, my staff at my full time job, etc. is to STOP with this negativity. It was sucking the life out of me and my business.

CS was not contributing to this, but right now I know that if I go on certain posts, I will start thinking stupid thoughts again. One negative thought runs into the next. It took me a few days to stop myself, but each time I read threads, the same things were happening again. My vow is to ONLY read threads that are NOT Chef Lounge posts (I made the exception with your nice thread, however). ONLY check files for new ideas and click on any post that interested me that was strictly business related.

FOCUS on your business! What needs improvement? How do you feel is the best way to overcome this obstacle in your business? Write down all that you need to do and how you are going to do it. What is your time frame for starting to impliment your plan? Where do you want to be in 6 months or 1 year. How are you going to do it?

Ok...now I have to go take my own advice!!!:D Focus on this wonderful task that your director has trusted you with. She much have so much confidence in you to give this to you. Focus on what you can bring to the table and contribute.

Let us know how you make out...with CS abstinence :eek:and with your meeting tomorrow!!

WOW Ann! That was very well said. You have such a beautiful way of writing things. I will heed your advice and try to get more bookings. I work today and will come home to make phone calls.

You know what, it's natural to feel that way about your new recruit you're human!! At least you've turned it around and noticed what was happening instead of harboring those feelings and losing a friend. Great Job!

ChefLisa said:
I just challenged everyone on CS to stay off tomorrow if they do not have the show schedule they want.

I am up for this challenge....I too am spending way too much time "lurking" and then getting pulled into crap I should stay out of....I will check the Paige update, the 3-2-1 success thread and I am then out of there!

I am going to get on my CELL PHONE today and make calls as well as make host packets to mail to me late Sept shows!

I had knee surgery on Tuesday and it has kept me away except for brief checking in. The good thing is that I wasn't caught up in it all. The bad thing is I wasn't there for Carolyn. I cannot believe some of the bashing because of who it is coming from. We are all adults and all have our own opinions and we all deserve to be respected. I think both sides have had some coolade drinking and it's healthy for the country to have a healthy debate. What I don't get is the blatent lies and skewing of facts (I know - both sides do it). Makes me really sad.

Now, about my surgery - I had a knee arthroscopy. It didn't go as well as it could have - recovery will be slower than normal and the prognosis isn't good. I will soon need a total knee replacement. I held a show over to September to help my Sept. sales but my team has never been good at picking up slack - they do what they're going to do and that's it. We should be okay though for now. My worry is that the future surgery means a much longer recovery - will I make it through that? (My business I mean)

bethcooks4u said:
I had knee surgery on Tuesday and it has kept me away except for brief checking in. The good thing is that I wasn't caught up in it all. The bad thing is I wasn't there for Carolyn. I cannot believe some of the bashing because of who it is coming from. We are all adults and all have our own opinions and we all deserve to be respected. I think both sides have had some coolade drinking and it's healthy for the country to have a healthy debate. What I don't get is the blatent lies and skewing of facts (I know - both sides do it). Makes me really sad.

Now, about my surgery - I had a knee arthroscopy. It didn't go as well as it could have - recovery will be slower than normal and the prognosis isn't good. I will soon need a total knee replacement. I held a show over to September to help my Sept. sales but my team has never been good at picking up slack - they do what they're going to do and that's it. We should be okay though for now. My worry is that the future surgery means a much longer recovery - will I make it through that? (My business I mean)

Sorry to hear about your knee, Beth!!! That's a huge bummer it didn't go as well as it could have. I hope it's enough to get you through for a while.

I still haven't gone to read that thread, so I can only imagine what was said. I think I will say off of there altogether today. I lit my candles for Paige late last night, so I don't really have a need to go on there today.

Oh, Beth, I am so sorry about your surgery. I hope you heal quickly!

I have an appointment at my spinal surgeon's on Monday in Chicago. I just picked up the Radiology Report and my Cervical MRI CDs to take with.....I was thinking on the way in "if the report shows no problems, I will cancel my appointment -- hubby has been cut hours at work and we are down several thousands of dollars a month in income...now is not the time to spend money on a Doctor's appointment that I don't need".

Well, no such luck. The report shows problems in 2 cervical levels, a bulging disc and degeneration on several cervical levels....geez, glad I didn't have the REST of my spine MRI'd! Sheesh!

No wonder I have been having problems.

Yes, we have fantastic insurance -- no deductible, 100% coverage after a small office visit co-pay...the insurance company paid $155,000 for my spinal fusion 4 years ago....but still, there is cost to get to Chicago, gas, tolls, parking, etc. and then the cost of the appointment (which is not much, I know).

Truth is, I really don't want to go thru another surgery right now. We need my income now more than ever. I can only hope that he lets me go for a while longer before we do anything...at least until hubby gets back to normal hours. I don't want to use our savings in case he gets completely laid off.

I HATE that the government has done this to us (and I mean ALL OF US) -- put us in a position where we are struggling to make ends meet, not regulating oil companies so that they don't charge incredible prices for gas and keep all the profits tax-free. Sending billions to other countries when we can't even get ourselves together. UGH -- that is a whole nother thread!

Well, back to work. I have a Newsletter to do for our meeting and consultant calls to make. I booked 2 more shows last night. I need to keep my schedule up to 12-14 shows per month to help us get thru this mess. Hubby can't work another job because he is on call 24/7. I was thinking maybe I would show him how to put things on e-Bay (NO -NOT PC PRODUCTS). A friend of ours has had lots of luck doing this...that is something that will keep him occupied and clean out our house all at the same time!

Oh my, how OT can you get. I think this is my first official HIJACK! :eek:

Sorry to hear of the health issues Beth and Janice. Wishing the best for both of you.

I agree, Janice, the PC income is mattering more than ever in our house too. I am trying to get ahead of the game and get my show average back up (took a huge slip in August).

One thing I am deeply grateful for is the foundation Doris laid for this company. It has always been about helping families (both those of customers and consultants). When times get tough, we don't have to reinvent ourselves (like some companies are having to do right now). I'm finding I am going back to the basics (like Morfia suggested).

I can't wait to see the new ad campaign in Everyday Food!

Beth and Janice, you have GOT to take care of yourselves! Please feel better and don't stress out about business right now....be healthy!

Janice, take care of yourself! Follow what your doctor suggests (unless you feel another opinion - then do that first). The rest will all work out.

Funny thing is I knew I would need surgery this year but it's for a really bad bunion. Now, even though it's hard to wear shoes and walk for any length of time that problem is on hold. I don't know when he wants to do the total knee but he is trying something else first. I know the recovery from that surgery is much longer so I am worried on how that will impact my business and I was just about back to where I was before after a downturn and really wanted to ramp it up. I guess time will tell.

Sorry for the hijack.

Beth ((HUGS)) I wish I could come and help you. My brother had that done, it is terrible pain and annoyingly slow recovery for some.

Janice, hijack away! Obviously you needed to get it out because you have to be stressed financially, physically and emotionally.

I think we all have some issues right now. Thank goodness we have each other for support ideas and inspiration!
Feel better girls

Thank you, Beth....they just don't get it.

And yes, I am done there, too.

It is a really ugly thread - along with the others that have spawned off of it. I've been skimming over them (mainly because I'm nosey :p and I also want to see what others think about the issues) I have been tempted several times to post as well, but I'd rather not get caught-up in the hateful postings. It's very sad how downright rude some people are. It amazes me how someone can totally slam you in one thread and then be your best friend in another - it's like they have no idea who they are talking to, just responding to words...again, very sad.

I have always loved CS, it saved my business at a time when I was floundering. Over the past few years that I have been a member, I have seen the cycles of the site - lately it has been a waste of time, I'm ready for this cycle to end and for it to get back to the fun and helpfulness and support that it used to be. There used to be so many who were willing to help, now they are just looking for an arguement or a put-down :confused:.

<H2>1. What is the issue that sparked this post?</H2><p>The issue is a thread on CS (Consultant's Corner) where a husband posted on behalf of his wife, who was struggling with her Pampered Chef business.</p><H2>2. What was the initial response to the husband's post?</H2><p>The initial response was supportive, with some members relating to asking for help from their spouses in their own businesses.</p><H2>3. How often do directors stress the importance of actively working one's business?</H2><p>Directors often emphasize the need to actively work one's business, rather than just thinking, reading, or complaining about it.</p><H2>4. Is it common for interventions to be uncomfortable for both the person in need and their enablers?</H2><p>Yes, interventions can be uncomfortable for both the person in need and their enablers.</p><H2>5. What clarification was provided by the member in question?</H2><p>The member clarified that she had given her husband permission to post on her behalf and that she was grateful for the support and advice given in the thread.</p>

1. What is the issue that sparked this post?

The issue is a thread on CS (Consultant's Corner) where a husband posted on behalf of his wife, who was struggling with her Pampered Chef business.

2. What was the initial response to the husband's post?

The initial response was supportive, with some members relating to asking for help from their spouses in their own businesses.

3. How often do directors stress the importance of actively working one's business?

Directors often emphasize the need to actively work one's business, rather than just thinking, reading, or complaining about it.

4. Is it common for interventions to be uncomfortable for both the person in need and their enablers?

Yes, interventions can be uncomfortable for both the person in need and their enablers.

5. What clarification was provided by the member in question?

The member clarified that she had given her husband permission to post on her behalf and that she was grateful for the support and advice given in the thread.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
allergycooker
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies