• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How to Respond to a Comment on Facebook...

Others, like me, don't. I've been avoiding it b/c I don't want to upset anyone.In summary, the conversation is about a person asking for advice on how to respond to a friend who asked if they were still doing Pampered Chef. The person is hesitant to mention their Pampered Chef business on Facebook, but their director and others in their group often talk about it on their pages. The person wants to make sure they are following the rules and not being too pushy in their response to their friend. Suggestions are given, such as offering the new catalog and products in a few weeks, and avoiding drama on Facebook.
ChefJoyJ
I know the rules about posting that you are a consultant on the internet, so I'm always careful not to mention it on Facebook. Someone asked me if I was still doing PC. I have a question on how you would respond to this. Obviously, I'm going to do it over e-mail. I want to see if she's interested in hosting, but don't want to sound too pushy. Help! (my 2 year old woke me up at 4:45 and I haven't been back to sleep...so my brain is a bit fried).

My status update: Joy is thinking about trying a new recipe while the girls are down for nap. Mini carrot cakes. They look, and sound, delish...and easy!!

Her comment: Are you still doing pampered chef? I heard thru the grapevine that you were doing that after Emily was born.

As you all probably know by now, I have taken quite a long hiatus, but now that my second is old enough, and life has settled down...I've started back up. I booked 2 shows when I decided I was starting back up, and at the first of the 2, I booked 3 more shows. Apparently, now is my time. :)

So...what would you say? She's a friend of a friend, which is why she heard it through the grapevine when I started. She opened the door... :)

I would pass her a note (what ever that is called now on facebook) and say yes you are. Keep it casual. Then just to be safe delete her comment.

I would reply back to her in a private message or send her a reply that says something like "yes... if you want more info, call or e-mail me..."

I also avoid saying anything about it on FB, but my director and others in my group talk about it quite a bit... They even have PC listed as one of their employers.

chefcaroline said:
I would reply back to her in a private message or send her a reply that says something like "yes... if you want more info, call or e-mail me..."

I also avoid saying anything about it on FB, but my director and others in my group talk about it quite a bit... They even have PC listed as one of their employers.

There are quite a few that list PC stuff all over their walls about recipes, shows, retiriing products, ordering etc. So that comment was nothing compared to the rest!;)

I'd PM her and go from there! :)

chefcaroline said:

It's my understanding that you can't do that on FB. Am I right?

ChefJoyJ said:
It's my understanding that you can't do that on FB. Am I right?

Opening up a can o worms I tell ya!:eek::p

heat123 said:
Opening up a can o worms I tell ya!:eek::p

:eek: :eek: Not trying to do that! I just want to make sure I don't do anything wrong! I'd love to tell my friends on FB that I'm a PC Consultant. Either through status updates, my info, or on my wall. *Sigh* But I don't, b/c I like to follow the rules. However, if my take on the rules is off, I want to know... ;)

So...I've got the light, friendly first paragraph. Then I ask the question...is there anything I can do for you? What would you say to follow that? Anything I say (in my head) seems pushy...

ChefJoyJ said:
So...I've got the light, friendly first paragraph. Then I ask the question...is there anything I can do for you? What would you say to follow that? Anything I say (in my head) seems pushy...

You can offer the new catty and products for Sept ;) in two weeks or so :)

ChefJoyJ said:
:eek: :eek: Not trying to do that! I just want to make sure I don't do anything wrong! I'd love to tell my friends on FB that I'm a PC Consultant. Either through status updates, my info, or on my wall. *Sigh* But I don't, b/c I like to follow the rules. However, if my take on the rules is off, I want to know... ;)

I stay away from the drama and live and let live.;)
Some consultants post a bunch of PC stuff on their status, notes etc. But there are people out there that can and will report violatioins for the littlest reasons too. Just be careful.

"Hey, NAME, It's good to hear from you! Yes, I am still selling Pampered Chef - I love it! We have some great new recipes, like the mini carrot cakes, that are under $2 a serving.

And, my August hosts can not only get over $215 in free products, plus other benefits, they can also get up to two cookware pieces at 60% off!! September hosts get the same deal but for stoneware instead and get the advantage of being the first to see and order the new fall products!

Let me know if you're interested in getting some friends together and learning a fabulous, economical recipe. It would be a blast seeing you and I would love to help you get some free and discounted products!

So, what's been up with you this summer?"

I know you may feel like it's pushy - but you are just answering her question and offering to help her :) You may also want to delete her post since it mentions PC and let her know that you had to delete it since you are not allowed to have that information online...

Funny you should ask. Just this morning I posted that I had a lot of fun at Cheryl's party last night. A friend asked me what kind of party I do. Publicly, I said "I make it easier for people to make quick, easy, healthy, inexpensive meals that are still loaded with flavor. I'll send you a private message to explain."In my private message I said, "I'm a Pampered Chef Consultant. I love the tools, spices, and cookbooks, so just over 5 years ago I became a consultant. I love it."

raebates said:
Funny you should ask. Just this morning I posted that I had a lot of fun at Cheryl's party last night. A friend asked me what kind of party I do.

Publicly, I said "I make it easier for people to make quick, easy, healthy, inexpensive meals that are still loaded with flavor. I'll send you a private message to explain."

In my private message I said, "I'm a Pampered Chef Consultant. I love the tools, spices, and cookbooks, so just over 5 years ago I became a consultant. I love it."

I would have responded similarly to Rae.

I am very "vocal" about how much I love my job, and how much fun I have, but I always private message people with the specifics.

I had someone ask if I still sold the mini spatulas - I answered back that I would message them about it.

if it makes u uncomfortable just say "Im sending you an email" and then tell her what you want to in a private email. as long as you don't mention The Pampered Chef on your page and neither of you post your website then u will b fine.

I'm new to both facebook and PC. why can't or shouldn't you post that you do PC? I haven't yet, but was planning to.

It's in the Policies and Procedures. If you haven't read them, we all highly recommend that you do. The link is right on the main page of CC.

Judybabe said:
I'm new to both facebook and PC. why can't or shouldn't you post that you do PC? I haven't yet, but was planning to.
Definitely read through the Policy & Procedures. But the 'short version'....we are not allowed by Company Policy, to post ANYWHERE on the internet (except this site allowed by PC), that we are (1) Pampered Chef Consultants, and (2) you can't post your Website. You can't have a profile that says you are a PC Consultant, or post them as your "employer", even though that's inaccurate anyway, since we own our biz. :DThe "why" can be complicated and some of us haven't quite completely figured it out. Mainly- it's so someone in one state, like NC for example, where I am- and be doing business or "selling online" to folks around the country. This business is built on personal relationships and the home show...and they want to keep it that way. At least, that's my take on the why. One of these days, I'll email HO for an "official" reason- so I can intelligently answer someone when they ask me that question. :) I get the strangest looks!

It's actually frustrating when you do a facebook search with "Pampered Chef" and see how many Pampered Chef consultants are on facebook simply for the purpose of promoting their business... There are 154 profiles simply named "Pampered Chef", and then a number of PC groups...

cheflorraine said:
It's actually frustrating when you do a facebook search with "Pampered Chef" and see how many Pampered Chef consultants are on facebook simply for the purpose of promoting their business... There are 154 profiles simply named "Pampered Chef", and then a number of PC groups...

And I know of at least 1 NED that has it list on her FB page...

chefcaroline said:
And I know of at least 1 NED that has it list on her FB page...

Okay, that surprises me!

yes...I see posts about shows and specials on there...but, I just let it be. Not my business and it isn't hurting me. Those things will work themselves out...

Can a host post on facebook she is hosting a party and use your web link?

I didn't think so...but I'll let the others answer, b/c they know better. I've told my hosts that they can post all they want about our PC party, but not to post my web address in their status updates, b/c it's in violation of our Policies and Procedures. They are more than welcome to email it though. :)

I hadn't posted an update, but she replied to my email and told me that she hadn't had a PC party in a while. In fact, she ran into her old consultant who now works at her ped. office and is no longer doing PC. She then asked me about the host specials and said she would seriously consider having a party. (her words, not mine)

So, I replied back w/ a very upbeat email that outlined our fabulous host specials Aug-Oct and also talked about how I could show her and her friends how to get dinner on the table fast...and at around $2/person. Important w/ the economic climate right now and back to school time. Hopefully she'll email or call me and want to schedule a party!

Since I decided to start back, God is really blessing my business. I know that *now* is the time. I struggled w/ bookings when I first started, which made it easy to go on "hiatus", but this time...I got 3 bookings at my first show back!! I have this lady who is a very hot lead. I had an old neighbor stop and ask me if I was still doing PC, about a week before I decided to start back. I think she was interested in a party, but she's been on vacay since I started back (July 27).

Fingers crossed this *is* the time and this is what God has planned for me (for right now).

Triciascucina said:
Can a host post on facebook she is hosting a party and use your web link?

No, she can't post a link to your site, however, she can include it in message to everyone she invites.

ChefJoyJ said:
I hadn't posted an update, but she replied to my email and told me that she hadn't had a PC party in a while. In fact, she ran into her old consultant who now works at her ped. office and is no longer doing PC. She then asked me about the host specials and said she would seriously consider having a party. (her words, not mine)

So, I replied back w/ a very upbeat email that outlined our fabulous host specials Aug-Oct and also talked about how I could show her and her friends how to get dinner on the table fast...and at around $2/person. Important w/ the economic climate right now and back to school time. Hopefully she'll email or call me and want to schedule a party!

Since I decided to start back, God is really blessing my business. I know that *now* is the time. I struggled w/ bookings when I first started, which made it easy to go on "hiatus", but this time...I got 3 bookings at my first show back!! I have this lady who is a very hot lead. I had an old neighbor stop and ask me if I was still doing PC, about a week before I decided to start back. I think she was interested in a party, but she's been on vacay since I started back (July 27).

Fingers crossed this *is* the time and this is what God has planned for me (for right now).

That is exciting! I think you did the right thing!

Shawnna said:
yes...I see posts about shows and specials on there...but, I just let it be. Not my business and it isn't hurting me. Those things will work themselves out...

Exactly my thougths.

heat123 said:
Exactly my thougths.

Mine too. Here is what I think - I checked out how many PC consultants were listing PC (with links to their websites even!) on FB for my area. There were PAGES! It made me feel like I might be the only one NOT listing it. (Except my director, and my team!) There were Directors, Sr. Director, Sr. Executive Director...etc....all just in this area!

BUT - I had to ask myself - who is the one getting all of the leads from HO right now? ME! Seriously - I have had a home office lead almost every day this month, and also HO lead orders to my website everyday. I'm the only one in my area who is qualified for leads. (I'm not even a D - but I'm even getting the hospitality requests from HO!)
So - yes, they are all posting PC all over their FB pages - but I'm the one really working my business and reaping the benefits. So - no skin off my nose.:D

ChefBeckyD said:
Mine too. Here is what I think - I checked out how many PC consultants were listing PC (with links to their websites even!) on FB for my area. There were PAGES! It made me feel like I might be the only one NOT listing it. (Except my director, and my team!) There were Directors, Sr. Director, Sr. Executive Director...etc....all just in this area!

BUT - I had to ask myself - who is the one getting all of the leads from HO right now? ME! Seriously - I have had a home office lead almost every day this month, and also HO lead orders to my website everyday. I'm the only one in my area who is qualified for leads. (I'm not even a D - but I'm even getting the hospitality requests from HO!)
So - yes, they are all posting PC all over their FB pages - but I'm the one really working my business and reaping the benefits. So - no skin off my nose.:D

Go Becky, Go Becky! YOU ARE ON FIRE Girlfriend!:D:p;):):thumbup::chef: You will be D in NO time!

heat123 said:
Go Becky, Go Becky! YOU ARE ON FIRE Girlfriend!:D:p;):):thumbup::chef: You will be D in NO time!
And I'm doing it without bending/breaking the rules about online advertising! :thumbup:

I thought you had to be a director to get HO leads and for them to send people to your website.

I am glad you are doing well....and you are doing it without breaking the rules. That just shows that those who work hard to follow the rules will be blessed.

Shawnna said:
I thought you had to be a director to get HO leads and for them to send people to your website.
Team Leader now...it's one of the many better perks of TL vs. FD!You have to have $1250 in sales in 3 of the last 4 months, have at least 2 active consultants, and have to have recruited at least one person w/in that 4 month time period.But the Hospitality referral took me by surprise. The director seeking hospitality for her team asked if there was anyone else - and was told no!

1. How do I respond to a comment on Facebook without mentioning that I am a Pampered Chef consultant?

First of all, it's important to remember the rules about promoting your business on social media. Avoid directly mentioning your consultant status in your response, and instead focus on the conversation at hand. You can reply by thanking the person for their interest and mentioning that you are still involved with Pampered Chef in some way, without explicitly stating your role as a consultant.

2. How should I respond to someone asking if I am still doing Pampered Chef?

Again, it's important to follow the rules and not directly promote your business on social media. You can respond by thanking the person for their interest and mentioning that you are still involved with Pampered Chef in some way, without explicitly stating your role as a consultant.

3. How can I respond to this question without sounding too pushy?

Try to keep your response friendly and conversational. Avoid using too much sales language, and focus on building a genuine connection with the person. You can mention that you are still involved with Pampered Chef and leave the door open for them to ask more questions or express interest in hosting a party.

4. What should I say in response to her comment on my status update?

You can thank her for her interest and mention that you are still involved with Pampered Chef. You can also take the opportunity to share your excitement about starting back up and booking new shows. Keep the tone positive and friendly.

5. How can I use this opportunity to potentially book a show without being too pushy?

You can mention that you are still involved with Pampered Chef and share your excitement about starting back up and booking new shows. You can also ask if she would be interested in hosting a party and leave the decision up to her. Avoid using too much sales language and focus on building a genuine connection with the person.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jules711
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
FelicityG92
  • Toni Monsen
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Niki Kate