• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Posts on Cs Asking Basic Questions

not a great move on my part. Deb, I think you hit the nail on the head with this! I think our Directors need to be more proactive in training their consultants on the basics of the business. I know my Director is great and would be more than happy to help out if I ever had any questions, but I also think it's important for my consultants to be able to get help from other sources too.
chefkathy
I don't know, maybe I'm just crabby lately, but there seem to be LOTS of questions about basics of the business on CS lately. Yes, I know it's a resource, but it should not be ones only source of training.

Many of my responses to such questions have been "have you asked your director?" There is one gal in particular that keeps asking very basic questions. As a director, I love getting those questions because it means my consultants are thinking and working!

But today a few ladies over there took offense. Here's the post: http://www.chefsuccess.com/f8/ordering-sweet-sprinkles-52377/

Your thoughts?

Maybe another question should be "have you read your business guide and policies and procedures?" because MANY of the questions I see are addressed in there too. :eek:

One of the reasons I stopped answering so many questions - many of them are from the same people over and over. I will answer when I get the impression that they a least tried to find the answer themself.

I agree. I'd hate to think my consultants who I don't talk to are online asking questions from CS. I think it's great we have such a valuable resource but I LOVE hearing from my team - even for "silly" little questions.

I should not have gone to read that post. It just made me feel yucky!

Part of learning about our business is knowing where to go to find answers. No offense to anyone on the boards, but I am going to trust answers from my Director or my business guide first. I happen to know many people on here now so I totally trust the answers, but what if I did not know you. How do I know you are giving accurate information?

Sorry you got smacked down a little Deb!

I have also answered posts with that response.....I as a Director would want to know if my consultant doesn't know how to place a supply order!

And I most whole-heartedly agree -- they need to talk to their Director!!!!

Bravo Deb!

I think my frustration is with several things:

1. Sometimes the answers give misinformation and then a debate starts about *who is right.*

2. The whole *my director sucks* issue can cause someone who thinks their director is OK to rethink that, and when she doesn't call back in a timely manner, she can get lumped into the *she sucks* category.

3. I think it can cause some directors to get lazy. If they know their consultants can get the info they need from someone else, why try?

4. And if someone doesn't like the answer given, then the complaining and fights start. I remember once I responded to a question, "What did HO say when you called them?" because that's what she should have done in the first place, not go to CS and man I was dodging shrapnel for days!!!!! Maybe people don't like to be called out on something when they know they are wrong... but that's the risk taken with message boards...

Just some thoughts that popped into my head.

I for one have not referred any of my consultants to CS. And the reason why is that I spent (wasted) so much time there that I could have been working on my biz... time getting caught up in the dramas and petty arguments. I love it here with it is much more constructive and helpful and everyone has such a great proactive attitude. :love0010:

finley1991 said:
I for one have not referred any of my consultants to CS. And the reason why is that I spent (wasted) so much time there that I could have been working on my biz... time getting caught up in the dramas and petty arguments. I love it here with it is much more constructive and helpful and everyone has such a great proactive attitude. :love0010:

I SO agree with your whole post and especially this part! Thanks!

I have issue with the whole "my director sucks" thing because we really don't know. For all we know, one of our own consultants could be sitting at home thinking we "suck" for one reason or another. I know I have consultants who just won't return my calls. Do they think I suck? I hope not but you never know. I like to think I'm a pretty good Director! It's all relative!

just to play devil's advocate......when I signed my Director offered very little training - nothing about supplies, samples, etc. At the time that I signed I asked questions on CS because I didn't feel comfortable asking my Director, I felt as if I were a bother to her. Many times I was told on CS to look it up in my P&P, HOWEVER I did not receive a P&P with my kit. Apparently this was something new - maybe it started with the new kit? I don't know. I did finally find it online on CC, but by then I became very cautious in asking any questions...Just keep in mind that some Consultants really are in a sink or swim situation - and CS provides a wonderful resource to those who really are at a loss as to where to find information....

1. What types of questions can I ask on the "Posts on Cs Asking Basic Questions" section?

On this section, you can ask any basic questions related to Pampered Chef products, recipes, cooking techniques, and hosting events. This section is also a great place to get tips and advice from other Pampered Chef consultants and customers.

2. How long does it take to get a response to my question on "Posts on Cs Asking Basic Questions"?

The response time varies depending on the popularity of your question and the availability of other users to answer it. However, we strive to provide a response within 24-48 hours.

3. Can I post pictures or videos in my question on "Posts on Cs Asking Basic Questions"?

Unfortunately, this section does not support the posting of pictures or videos. However, you can include links to images or videos in your question if needed.

4. Can I ask questions about non-Pampered Chef products on "Posts on Cs Asking Basic Questions"?

No, this section is specifically for questions about Pampered Chef products and services. If you have a question about a non-Pampered Chef product, we recommend reaching out to the manufacturer or doing some research online.

5. Are the answers provided by Pampered Chef employees or other users?

The answers on "Posts on Cs Asking Basic Questions" are provided by both Pampered Chef employees and other users. However, all answers are monitored and approved by Pampered Chef to ensure accuracy and helpfulness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ardipc
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
pamela
  • Oracle
  • Pampered Chef Facebook Marketing
Replies
Views
AlowayFamily
  • Jolie_Paradoxe