• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Open Rate Is Horrible...........

In summary, In summary, people seem to be having success with compelling subject lines and using iContact to send their emails.
pcsharon1
Gold Member
Any suggestions on how to increase it? I use TastyTidbits - which I love - and I use iContact. I love being able to see the details of every email I send out. But my open rate is really low, only about 10%. What is working for some of you?

Compelling subject lines

dannyzmom said:
Compelling subject lines

do you have any you'd like to share? i use tt & icontact also & am having a hard time getting people to open them up also.

Is 37% a good open rate? I have no idea. I just sent out my first newsletter this month with icontact, and that's the open rate so far...although, I sent it the 5th, and people are still opening it.

ChefBeckyD said:
Is 37% a good open rate? I have no idea. I just sent out my first newsletter this month with icontact, and that's the open rate so far...although, I sent it the 5th, and people are still opening it.

I would think that's a fabulous open rate. I don't ever remember being over 30% with iContact, and I feel like I'm getting even lower numbers with MailChimp, unfortunately.

Keep in mind though, the open rate isn't perfect. It relies on some sort of connection being made from the recipients computer back to iContact's servers. Usually this is done by downloading the images which are hosted remotely. Many email programs won't automatically download pictures for privacy, so if the recipient opens the email, but doesn't download the pictures, it doesn't get marked as an open.

I still think it's important for me to send the email, even if the recipient doesn't actually open it. They see my name in their inbox twice a month, so if they need PC, they'll know who to go to.

I use TT and Icontact too. My average open rate is 30-40%. I really want to get it higher. It is funny because the same customers are always the first to open it. I notice the same people opening them 2-6 times. And clicking on my website, but never any orders or shows. My customer database isn't huge but I was still hoping for some orders. Hoping over time it will pay off.

I don't use TT or iContact so for what it's worth, when do you send your e-mail? I avoid the weekends and Mondays b/c people are away from their desks or catching up on e-mails on Mondays. I usually send mine on Tuesdays in the hopes that they'll open it and not just auto delete as they clean out their inbox. No idea if this is effective.

yes i send mine only tues-thurs the last week of the month.

lisasfuncooking said:
I use TT and Icontact too. My average open rate is 30-40%. I really want to get it higher. It is funny because the same customers are always the first to open it. I notice the same people opening them 2-6 times. And clicking on my website, but never any orders or shows. My customer database isn't huge but I was still hoping for some orders. Hoping over time it will pay off.

You should be calling those people! There aren't very many people who are proactive enough to actually contact the consultant to book a show, but if you ask them, they'll likely say yes.

kristina16marie said:
do you have any you'd like to share? i use tt & icontact also & am having a hard time getting people to open them up also.

It depends on which email you're sending and what your goal is (bookings, sales, recruits)
Some things I have said are:
Your Pampered Chef Favorites 50% ff in the Online OUtlet (sales)
Let me feed your friends! (bookings)
Struggling to pay your bills? (recruiting)
things like that...

NooraK said:
You should be calling those people! There aren't very many people who are proactive enough to actually contact the consultant to book a show, but if you ask them, they'll likely say yes.

Funny - I have one person who has opened 8 times, and also clicked numerous times. She's someone who said yes to booking as an outside order, but when I called her, she wouldn't set a date. This was just the day before I sent my email!

my open rate is really low too. at least you are keeping your name out there!

NooraK-
Yes, I actually do that. Sometimes I think I am being a bit sneaky but....I do it anyway.
The weird thing is when I do speak with them they act like they are not interested or won't commit to a date. I just remind them that I am here and if there is anything they need. I always offer to send them a recipe that would work with one of there purchases. They are always excited for that. Just keep on trying. Even though I wan't shows/orders/recruits NOW, I am in this buss for the long haul and if it is something that will help my buss grow for the future, I will still be here!

My open rate is around 20% or so.

ChefBeckyD said:
Funny - I have one person who has opened 8 times, and also clicked numerous times. She's someone who said yes to booking as an outside order, but when I called her, she wouldn't set a date. This was just the day before I sent my email!

I've had occasions where I've received my newsletter at my work address, opened it once, and iContact recorded it as 3 times. Another thing to remember is that if your customer forwards the email to a friend (or another email, like from work to home) without using the "Forward" button, each time the forwarded email is opened, it counts on the original recipient.

Maybe your call the day before the newsletter intrigued her, and she wanted to learn more. Remember, Tammy says there are 6 stages of accepting an idea!

dannyzmom said:
Compelling subject lines

Word! That's EXACTLY what gets people to open the newsletter. Keep "Pampered Chef May News" or something like that far AWAY from the title.
Subject lines I used in the past have been:

May You Help Whip Cancer (May's newsletter)
Just Think of What You Could Do With.... (April's newsletter)
Luck of the Irish! New Spring Products Revealed (March)
This Will Get Your Heart Throbbing: 10 HOT Items - 60% Off + Unglazed Stoneware 20% Off (Feb)

Liquid Sky said:
This Will Get Your Heart Throbbing: 10 HOT Items - 60% Off + Unglazed Stoneware 20% Off (Feb)

You are so creative!! I didn't even think of doing something like that with my subject line... my newsletter was simply sent out as "May Tasty Tidbits".

I'll do better next time... :)

Liquid Sky said:
Word! That's EXACTLY what gets people to open the newsletter. Keep "Pampered Chef May News" or something like that far AWAY from the title.
Subject lines I used in the past have been:

okay you've got me on the edge of my seat...what are you going to say for june???? i need serious help in this department!

kristina16marie said:
okay you've got me on the edge of my seat...what are you going to say for june???? i need serious help in this department!

I actually have no clue! LOL. I'll think about it and let you all know :D

Liquid Sky said:
I actually have no clue! LOL. I'll think about it and let you all know :D[/QUOTE

LOL - i'll be waiting!

Actually, I'll prob say something using the tag line PC has on the June host special flyer about "going out to eat".

It'll be something along the lines of "For Once, It Is In Your Best Interest To Go OUT To Eat" or "Forget Your Kitchen and Go OUT To Eat!".

Along those lines....

ooooh, that's good. i was thinking of something cheesy like being "cool enough" for our new cool & serve tray...

kristina16marie said:
ooooh, that's good. i was thinking of something cheesy like being "cool enough" for our new cool & serve tray...

Hey, I didn't even think of that! That could be a great one. Maybe something like, "Are You Cool Enough?"

Liquid Sky said:
Hey, I didn't even think of that! That could be a great one. Maybe something like, "Are You Cool Enough?"

i think that would get people's attention, right?

kristina16marie said:
i think that would get people's attention, right?

It would totally get their attention. Go for it :D

Liquid Sky said:
It would totally get their attention. Go for it :D

okay, i'll let you all know if my open rate jumps up next month.

NooraK said:
I still think it's important for me to send the email, even if the recipient doesn't actually open it. They see my name in their inbox twice a month, so if they need PC, they'll know who to go to.

This is so true. I got a lovely email today from a guest I met in October. She ordered $45 of pantry items and I added her to my newsletter list. In December, she ordered $140. I last spoke with her in February, and she has been going through a very rough spot.

I have not sent out my May newsletter, and today I received this from her:

Hi, it's me. I hope all is well with you and yours. I hadn't heard from you yet this month and I became concerned. I'm back to work full time and it's payday this Friday. I think that means I'm ready to shop. I think/hope that that rollercoaster we are/were on is coming down the stretch to the end of the ride. Now on to shopping, I'm needing a couple of things and I'm interested in gadgets and cookbooks as well as another roaster. Let me know when it is convenient for you. Thanks, XX

It's nice to hear to know that some of our customers look forward to our emails, and even sweeter when they email concern for you.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
It's nice to hear to know that some of our customers look forward to our emails, and even sweeter when they email concern for you.

Absolutely. Your customer is obviously a good person who respects you and our products. Bravo for you AND her!

Awww....thanks Dave. I was in need of some feel good fuzzies, and you've just topped it off! =)

She is a wonderful and lovely woman, with my twisted sense of humor. So, we got along fabulously.

After posting on the other thread, I went back to my emails to see if I had thanked you properly! lol

Just sent out an outlet email with "outlet items updated on my website" as subject line, 14% so far for open rate and one person emailed with an order. I took the advice and sent it out today.

I don't use a mail service yet, so wouldn't be able to check on my open rate, but I'm just getting my TT newsletter ready to send out for June, and have this as my title:Summer IS coming... get ready to go OUT(side) to eat!We've had really rainy and cold weather in Alberta here lately (it snowed yesterday!!), which is why I had to write "summer IS coming..." It always comes, but sometimes we have to go through a few ups and downs before it actually arrives!Is this title ok, or is it too long?

cheflorraine said:
I don't use a mail service yet, so wouldn't be able to check on my open rate, but I'm just getting my TT newsletter ready to send out for June, and have this as my title:

Summer IS coming... get ready to go OUT(side) to eat!

We've had really rainy and cold weather in Alberta here lately (it snowed yesterday!!), which is why I had to write "summer IS coming..." It always comes, but sometimes we have to go through a few ups and downs before it actually arrives!

Is this title ok, or is it too long?

I like the "get ready to go....". Everyone already knows summers is coming. Just my $0.02 :blushing:

Just sent out my June newsletter. So far open rate is 40% in less than 24 hours. But 0 clicks to my website. I may have a descent open rate but RARELY any orders or bookings. Just keep trying, eventually I have to get something. At least they open them and don't forget who I am.
I have tried MANY different incentives and subject lines. I know that they are not read in great detail. I had once put in the center ,NEW FREE SUMMER PRODUCT.
I was doing a drawing. Had to buy nothing, just send me an email and in the subject line write -Free Gift and I would enter them into it. Had good open rate. ONLY 1 entered in the drawing.

1. How can I improve my open rate for emails sent through iContact?

There are a few strategies you can try to increase your open rate:

• Make sure your subject line is attention-grabbing and relevant to your audience.
  • Segment your email list and tailor your content to different groups to increase relevancy.
  • Send your emails at optimal times, such as during the work week and in the morning.
  • Experiment with different email formats, such as plain text vs. HTML, to see what resonates with your audience.
  • Regularly clean up your email list by removing inactive subscribers to improve deliverability.

2. Is there a specific feature or tool in iContact that can help improve my open rate?

Yes, iContact offers an A/B testing feature that allows you to test different subject lines, email formats, and send times to see what performs best. This can help you optimize your emails for better open rates.

3. How can I make my emails more engaging and likely to be opened?

Here are a few tips for creating engaging emails:

• Include visually appealing images or videos to break up text and grab attention.
  • Use personalization, such as addressing subscribers by name, to make them feel more connected to your brand.
  • Make your emails scannable with clear headings, bullet points, and concise content.
  • Include a clear call-to-action to encourage readers to take action.
  • Provide valuable and relevant content that your subscribers will be interested in reading.

4. How can I use TastyTidbits to improve my open rate?

TastyTidbits is a great tool for creating visually appealing emails and tracking their performance. To use it to improve your open rate, make sure you are utilizing its features to create engaging content and to analyze your open rates and make adjustments accordingly.

5. What are some common mistakes that can lead to a low open rate?

Some common mistakes that can contribute to a low open rate include:

• Not having a clear and attention-grabbing subject line.
  • Sending emails too frequently or infrequently.
  • Not segmenting your email list and sending irrelevant content to subscribers.
  • Having a large number of inactive subscribers on your list.
  • Not optimizing your emails for mobile devices.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithlove
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Humble Beginnings
  • PampChefJoy
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • wadesgirl