• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Food Chopper Just Rusted After the Dishwasher!

If you do have iron in your water you can get rust spots--just handwash and dry immediately instead.
christy_c
Has this happened to anyone else? I pulled my food chopper out of the dishwasher earlier and it's rusted in 3 different places! I'm so mad! :mad:

I always wash mine (I have 3) in the dishwasher. None have ever rusted. I'd contact HO for a replacement.

No! Have them replace it!!

When you call for replacement, make sure they will send you the new one first and then you can send back yours. They WILL do that, since you are a consultant and shouldn't have to go without your chopper, so you have it for shows. If they give you any crap about it, ask to speak to a supervisor.

You can also (be VERY CAREFUL OF THE BLADES....) try scrubbing it with Barkeeper's Friend.

Wow, mine have never rusted over the years.

I do have to get some Barkeeper's Friend for my 5" utility knife though. Some moisture was in the blade guard and it has spots...

Check your dishwasher, too. If the trays are coated with a rubber or something and have holes in that covering, it will put rust on anything.

Thanks for the quick responses. I will definitely be calling HO tomorrow!

I've had my original chopper for 8 years and there is not a spot of rust on it; 3 more in my life since then and all are rust free. Sometimes there can be a bad "batch" on products but it is pretty unusual. Like everyone says, contact PC for a replacement and I bet your next one is just fine (unless it is related to your dishwasher as another post suggested could be...)

Don't be mad...use the experience to gain useful info on how the return process works since it is there for just situations like this!

Hmmmm... aren't the blades stainless steel? Any possibility this is from your water and not from the chopper? If you can't get it off, I'd still get it replaced, but it seems odd. If you do have iron in your water you can get rust spots--just handwash and dry immediately instead.

janetupnorth said:
Wow, mine have never rusted over the years.

I do have to get some Barkeeper's Friend for my 5" utility knife though. Some moisture was in the blade guard and it has spots...

That happened to my 3 1/2 paring knife-I guess I could get it replaced, its just a tiny spot. I don't take to shows since they say its not suppposed to rust...

Related to My Food Chopper Just Rusted After the Dishwasher!

What could have caused my food chopper to rust after being washed in the dishwasher?

There are a few possible reasons for rusting in your food chopper after being washed in the dishwasher. One common cause is using a dishwasher detergent that is too harsh or contains bleach. Another possibility is that the chopper was not completely dry before being stored, allowing moisture to sit on the metal and cause rusting. Finally, if your food chopper is made of low-quality materials, it may be more prone to rusting.

Is there any way to prevent my food chopper from rusting in the dishwasher?

Yes, there are a few steps you can take to prevent rusting in your food chopper when washing it in the dishwasher. First, make sure to use a mild dishwasher detergent without bleach. You can also try hand-drying the chopper after washing it to remove any excess moisture. Additionally, investing in a higher-quality food chopper made of rust-resistant materials can help prevent rusting in the future.

Can I still use my food chopper if it has rusted after being washed in the dishwasher?

It is not recommended to use a food chopper that has rusted, as the rust can contaminate your food and potentially cause health issues. It is best to replace the rusted parts or invest in a new food chopper to ensure safe food preparation.

Is there a way to remove rust from my food chopper after it has been washed in the dishwasher?

If your food chopper has already rusted after being washed in the dishwasher, there are a few methods you can try to remove the rust. One option is to mix equal parts lemon juice and salt to create a paste, then use a cloth or toothbrush to scrub the rusted areas. You can also try using white vinegar or baking soda mixed with water to create a paste and scrub the rust off. However, if the rust is severe, it may be best to replace the rusted parts or invest in a new food chopper.

What can I do if my food chopper continues to rust after being washed in the dishwasher, even with proper care?

If your food chopper continues to rust even with proper care and maintenance, it may be a sign that the chopper is made of low-quality materials. In this case, it may be best to invest in a higher-quality food chopper that is made of rust-resistant materials to avoid future rusting issues.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookinfletch
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
MissyPC
  • lesliec
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
tys1031
  • Jennie4PC