• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are the Oh-No Salad Choppers Worth the Hassle of Rusting?

Do you think the dishwasher is too abrasive?I think the dishwasher is too abrasive. It can dull knifes.
heat123
Silver Member
I use these to demo the salsa fresca at all my shows now and I put them in the dishwasher and I pulled them out and they were rusted! I am soo bummed, I sell at least 1 pair at every show since I started the demo. Now I have to wait for a new pair before using them at another show!:mad: :( That blows!

KG said that you can use rubbing compound on a knife to work on that rust... maybe that will get you through until you get a new one sent to you ???

that is too badI have them but I don't have a dishwasher unless you include my hands. one thing that i have done with knives in the past is lemon juice and rub with a cork to remove stains on stainless. That is great for one blade but with the dual one makes it hard to get on the insides. Hope the HO is fast in shipping your replacement out.

um where do I get rubbing compound and what is it called? thanks!

what's the recipe for salsa fresca?????

SILV1234 said:
what's the recipe for salsa fresca?????
It's in the catalog right next to the salad chopper!:)

When I have needed replacement on things I use in my demo and have told HO they get it out quicker than they normally would for a customer. Make sure you tell them you need them ASAP!

heat123 said:
um where do I get rubbing compound and what is it called? thanks!
It'll be called rubbing compound, and you can get it at a hardware store, or the hardware/automotive section of Wally World.

I've had the problem with those rusting also. I need to call home office and I haven't really been working on selling them because of that! I guess I need to just call and get it replaced. I don't think I'm going to put them in the dishwasher anymore. Thanks for the ideas on how to remove the rust!:)

Man alot of stuff rusts huh. I would be so POd if I paid so much money for a knife or anything for that matter and it rusted. If we have so many test kitchens, why does all of this stuff rust?? Just a question.:confused:

Bar Keepers Friend. It's in a gold can with all the other abrasive cleansers. It works magic!

I love the salad chopper, but mine got black spots all over the knife part -- HO sent a new one out right away. Yeah! I think I'll skip the dishwasher on this one also.

I use soft scrub on my knives when they get nasty marks... I don't see why it wouldn't work on the salad chopper...

thanks for the info! I called HO to get them replaced, just bummed it happened! Hope it doesn't happen to all of them I have sold?!

someone in my cluster had the same problem with rusting.... makes you wonder if it is going to be a real problem?????

I have to tell you, that they probably shouldn't go in the dishwasher. The dishwasher detergent is too abrasive and can dull knifes. Because basically these are knifes w/ scissor handles I wouldn't recomend it. I have observed The people who are having problems w/ them put them in the dishwasher or have locked the scissors while they were still wet. Sorry they are rusting on you!

I guess I won't be dishwashing them with my next pair (even though it says dishwasher safe). I just hope my customers don't have the same problem after doing the same thing?!

Are they supposed to be dishwasher safe?
Mine rusted to. After my Trifle Bowl mishaps, I dare not call HO...:eek:
I will though since I have read others on here. I have not put mine in the dishwasher, only washed by hand. Hope the next set doesn't do that.
Schel

schel said:
Are they supposed to be dishwasher safe?
Mine rusted to. After my Trifle Bowl mishaps, I dare not call HO...:eek:
I will though since I have read others on here. I have not put mine in the dishwasher, only washed by hand. Hope the next set doesn't do that.
Schel
Yes, I doubled check product care card and said dishwasher safe:confused: .
BTW, what was your Trifle bowl mishap and why not call HO about something totally different??

heat123 said:
Yes, I doubled check product care card and said dishwasher safe:confused: .
BTW, what was your Trifle bowl mishap and why not call HO about something totally different??

2 broken ones and 1 cracked one. I am on my 4th bowl. I kind of am known for not having the best luck sometimes. :rolleyes:
You can see the post under trifle bowl poll.
Schel

You poor thing! I'm beginning to think you're cursed, Schel.

PCJenni said:
someone in my cluster had the same problem with rusting.... makes you wonder if it is going to be a real problem?????

Thankfully it's a lifetime guarenty, they can return it several times (not that they'd want to) if need be. I returned mine because the blade got "unsmooth" ~ I was using it almost every night. I sell 1-3 every show when I tell them how I add a bag of salad or head of lettuce, half bag of baby carrots, a red pepper (even thiough one does not like it) and a RAW YELLOW SQUASH and the kids have no idea what they are eating! LOL. It's kind of tough to use though (esp. for older crowds) ~ I tell them how men love to use it so hand the bowl to your dh while he relaxes on the couch to do it while you finish dinner prep. I do love them.

its_me_susan said:
Thankfully it's a lifetime guarenty, they can return it several times (not that they'd want to) if need be. I returned mine because the blade got "unsmooth" ~ I was using it almost every night. I sell 1-3 every show when I tell them how I add a bag of salad or head of lettuce, half bag of baby carrots, a red pepper (even thiough one does not like it) and a RAW YELLOW SQUASH and the kids have no idea what they are eating! LOL. It's kind of tough to use though (esp. for older crowds) ~ I tell them how men love to use it so hand the bowl to your dh while he relaxes on the couch to do it while you finish dinner prep. I do love them.
I think it's great that they are LTG which I didn't realize but I don't think guests would want to hassel with continual returns if they keep rusting (and they use it in the dishwasher because it says they are safe). I hope mine and those with rusting were just a bad batch! Otherwise I don't really want to feature them anymore!:(

Related to Are the Oh-No Salad Choppers Worth the Hassle of Rusting?

What is the "Oh-No Salad Chopper Problem!"?

The "Oh-No Salad Chopper Problem!" is when the salad chopper blade becomes dull or damaged, making it difficult to chop vegetables and causing frustration for users.

How do I know if my salad chopper has the "Oh-No Salad Chopper Problem!"?

If you are having difficulty chopping vegetables or notice that the blade is not as sharp as it used to be, you may be experiencing the "Oh-No Salad Chopper Problem!".

Can the "Oh-No Salad Chopper Problem!" be fixed?

Yes, the problem can be fixed by sharpening or replacing the blade. Our customer service team can assist you with getting a replacement blade or providing instructions on how to sharpen it yourself.

What can I do to prevent the "Oh-No Salad Chopper Problem!"?

To prevent the problem, it is important to properly care for and maintain your salad chopper. This includes washing it after each use, storing it in a dry place, and avoiding chopping hard or frozen foods.

Is the "Oh-No Salad Chopper Problem!" covered under warranty?

Yes, the "Oh-No Salad Chopper Problem!" is covered under our product warranty. If you experience this issue, please contact our customer service team and we will be happy to assist you with a replacement or repair.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lesliec
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
tys1031
  • christy_c
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
danielsdundee
Replies