• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Director Is Wanting Me to Come up With Some Tips on How to Get Your

In summary, the conversation is about tips for getting guests at shows to book for future parties. The main suggestions are to focus on having fun, promoting host benefits and products, and encouraging guests to host their own shows. Other techniques mentioned include using booking games, offering themed shows, utilizing booking props, and being proactive in booking outside of the show. The overall goal is to be intentional and enthusiastic in order to secure future bookings.
ragschef
My director is wanting me to come up with some tips on how to get your guests at shows to book. Anyone that can help, it is MUCH appreciated. My mind is going blank with everything else going on.

TIA...

Talk about host benefits. Play booking games. Be EXCITED about your products. Make the party FUN!

Bookings Galore

Goal Setting

You must be intentional to get bookings. They will not just come to you.

The 3 Reasons People Have Shows:

1. FUN!!
a. Have fun at your show
b. Go observe another consultant’s show
c. Use fun quick tips
d. Tell stories. Don’t have any? Borrow ‘em!
e. Keep the demo portion of the show to 45 minutes MAX.
f. Stop at the peak of your audience’s interest (you can tell when you start losin’ ‘em.)
g. Demo one recipe
h. Offer one recipe per month (don’t give a choice unless she hates the one you’re offering!)
i. Use next month’s special in this month’s demo
j. Do your prep work before everyone arrives. Don’t open boxes in front of them. That should all be done already.

2. PRODUCTS!
a. Sprinkle host benefits throughout show
b. Talk about higher priced items
c. Focus on how many guest have the item you’re showing. If 14 of 15 have the food chopper, move on! If 2 people have it, work off their enthusiasm and SELL IT!
d. Talk about cookware
i. Always introduce the “Try Me” piece
e. Promote Host Specials during show

3. FRIENDS!
a. Offer theme shows
b. Look for the guest who is the talk of the show
c. Look for Pampered Chef “Virgins”
d. Keep your eyes and ears open AFTER the show
e. Use this line: “Raise your hand if you had fun today. Keep ‘em up if you’d go to another show. OK, now look around! Who’s having the next show? Look who’ll come!”
f. Use the Door Prize Drawing Slip at the end of your show. Make your own DPDS with a place for the following question: “If your host became a consultant with The Pampered Chef ®, would you be willing to have one of her first 6 shows?”
g. Use this statement: “Susie Host loves you all a lot, but that’s not the only reason you are here tonight. She also really loves this ________________too! She can pick this up for free, ½ priced, or heavily discounted if that’s what she chooses.”
h. Do a Booking Pile-On—Using your show average, pile all of the things your host can earn for free, ½ priced, and discounted on top of her lap.

Booking Outside the Show

• Car decals
• Logo apparel
• Always know you’re next two dates, no matter where you go!
• When you give a business card or a catalog out, give a DPDS and get their info. Let them know you are doing a drawing for __________ on the third Friday of the month (or whenever) and DO THE DRAWING!
• Do a Booking Blitz (call your Director for the details)
• Delivery Date Bookings—Offer your host there will be a bonus if she picks up 1 or 2 (whichever you choose) bookings when she’s out delivering her guests’ orders.

Booking Props, Games, and Tips

• Booking Board—Use a science fair board and cut catalog pics out, laminate them and paste them on your board. This also works great for recruiting!
• Here’s just an example of a seasonal booking prop. Use a bunny during spring. On the bunny, have colorful tags with a product on the front (you can use a picture of the product or just the words). Have your guest pick a tag when they book a show. On the back of the tag, write the price of the item (1/2 priced or less). When their show holds, they can get the item for that price when they present you with the tag.
• Utilize the Host Benefits in the Catalog (the half-price combos!)
• Bring a copy of the receipt of the past host that the current host booked from.
• Play the “Got it, love it!” game using tickets or chocolate. If you use tickets, you can either have a drawing or just give a prize to the person who has the most tickets. You can also have them say, “Love it, gotta have it!”
• Sometimes you need to give a little to get a lot. Try these:
o “Host a show with me in the next 2 months and get an unlimited 50% discount in the catalog. If 3 people book, our host can take advantage of this offer as well!” So, basically, you are giving up your commission on the host’s discounted order.
o Host a show with me in July and I’ll give you the Host Special free rather than 60% off.”
o And always remind them that they still have time to take advantage of any amazing deal you’re offering!

Offer theme shows. Use all of the supplies the company offers!

Booking Blitz - at your show!We came up with this gem to try and motivate bookings for the Booking Blitz -I had a show that very night and I offered a little draw of my own: :sing: tell all the guests that if they book their show at the current show, they will be entered into draw for either the Salads or Grilling cookbook (their choice)- they get the cookbook with their order (so you can use their discount - and guarantees the date sticks). You can also make it a drawing for each month, or each show!:D

I'm going to try this at my next show - I'm bringing all of the Theme Show display cards in my Table Top flip chart and telling everyone about all of the fun themes we have this spring. Then, I'm going to pass around the recipes (I printed out the PDFs, put them in page protectors and put them in a thin binder) and show them the delicious recipes they can choose from for me to make at their show. Yummy food gets people excited, but different people like different things (Power Cooking might work for one person, but another might get more excited about Chocolate Bliss).I feel like when I've already figured out the theme and recipes for them, it's easier for them to just book the show and set the date, since they have already figured out what kind of party they want. Then all they need to do is invite their friends and tell them about the yummy food we'll have (gets the host excited asap, too!).

“Host a show with me in the next 2 months and get an unlimited 50% discount in the catalog. If 3 people book, our host can take advantage of this offer as well!” So, basically, you are giving up your commission on the host’s discounted order.

Tammy, I'm a little confused by this. Could you explain? Are you giving them everything for 50% off, and nothing for free??

Paula

One of the things I hear at parties is, "Everyone I know is here."At our recent regional training, I received a bit of good advice. From now on when I hear that I'll ask, "I'm sure you know more people than you think. Who is your movie heartthrob? Imagine you're marrying him. Are you telling me that the people sitting in this room are the only people you'd invite? You'll want to invite everyone to your PC party."

I have done a few things to help get bookings and I need to be more consistant with them!

-Wrap a gift and put a bow on it. Explain that the host gets the gift but only gets to keep it when three people book off her party tonight. With the first booking, she gets to take the bow off. With the second booking, she gets to take the wrapping off. With the third booking, she gets to keep it. This gets the friends more excited to help the host, instead of just regularly asking them "do you want to host a party?" Now it's "Do you want to help Mary unwrap her present?"
-Do a door prize for a free cooking show. Most of the time someone will take it. I make mine transferable to anyone at the party if the original receipient doesn't want it. I also put a date within a month to a month and a half to keep the booking close and in the time frame I'm booking.
-Deal or No Deal Game. Envelopes with new products in them. Each guest gets to pick on envelope but doesn't get to open it. If they want to take the deal at the end of the show (book a party), they get the product in it for free at their show. This is my favorite one but sometimes I forget to do it!

Just ask everyone.

Honestly...lately I've been getting 3-5 bookings at each show (including shows with only 4 guests) and all I do is tell them their friend really wants to take advantage of that booking benefit so she needs her friends to book shows to help her out. Then I ask every single person there to help their friend out.

I get people booking parties who walked into the house and said "just so you know, I only come to parties, I do not host parties". Now obviously everything people have said previously is valid - have fun, talk about bookings, give good tips, etc... but I have a new rule - unless I am desperate or working toward a goal, I will not give away anything for bookings. Ask, ask, ask!

Encourage Hosts to get your Bookings!I do the same by promoting the Booking Benefits - I just tell my Host that she can get the upcoming Host Specials at 60% if she gets a friend to host her own show within 6 months. Friends always have a great influence on each other - from 4 of my Shows this month - I have 18 bookings --each planning to book of the next. I didn't get ONE of those bookings myself - my Hosts did it for me! :)

BookingsI try to really promote the host booking benefit, not only to the guests but to the host, who in turn will tell her friends to book shows so she can reap the rewards in the future.

Also I love the idea I saw on another thread about having a sign at your table where you are taking orders that reads "If I forget to ask you about booking a show, you get free shipping!"

Another tip would be to get everyone to quickly turn to the last page in our catalogs and just run through all the wonderful benefits, PC gives them so much stuff, it's amazing!!

Also have your host packets ready with invitations so you can get them excited about their shows. It will help to keep them booked!!

Debbie :D

I don't normally buy my hosts ingredients, but I needed bookings for Nov and offered to do that for them and got SIX bookings! I am going to do the same for March and see what happens!

chefsteph07 said:
I don't normally buy my hosts ingredients, but I needed bookings for Nov and offered to do that for them and got SIX bookings! I am going to do the same for March and see what happens!
Was that from shows you had the month before, or calling?

I had some leads from the fall and NO bookings for Nov so I started calling the leads I had and telling them if they booked for Nov as an early "gift" to them I would buy the ingredients for them..they ALL took me up on it! I did the 30 min chicken and the cost was minimal. I am planning on doing that again for march because I only have one show on my calendar! LOL

1. What are some effective ways to get guests at shows to book?

Some effective ways to get guests at shows to book include offering exclusive discounts or promotions for booking at the event, creating a sense of urgency by highlighting limited availability or special offers, and providing a seamless and convenient booking process.

2. How can I engage with guests at shows to encourage them to book?

To engage with guests at shows and encourage them to book, you can utilize interactive activities or games that offer prizes for booking, provide personalized recommendations based on their interests, and offer a friendly and informative conversation about your services.

3. What are some tips for overcoming objections from potential guests at shows?

Some tips for overcoming objections from potential guests at shows include actively listening to their concerns, addressing them with empathy and understanding, highlighting the benefits and value of booking, and providing reassurance or options to address their specific concerns.

4. How can I make my booking pitch stand out at shows?

To make your booking pitch stand out at shows, you can create visually appealing and attention-grabbing displays or presentations, use persuasive language and storytelling to showcase the benefits of booking, and offer unique or exclusive incentives for booking at the event.

5. What are some ways to follow up with guests after a show to encourage them to book?

Some ways to follow up with guests after a show and encourage them to book include sending personalized emails or messages thanking them for attending and highlighting any special offers or promotions for booking, providing a reminder of the services or products they were interested in, and offering additional information or resources to address any concerns they may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • Jinkies
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • MrsNetNut404