• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Brother's Microwave Mishap: A Lesson in Common Sense | Family Humor

In summary, my mom asked if PC would replace a Chillzanne Bowl, and my 28 year old brother melted it in the microwave. My husband did the same thing with two different pieces of cookware. Debbie says her husband knows everything there is to know about PC, and that he also asks tells the children "That's stoneware, that does not go in the dishwasher, along with mommy's knives, and pans!"
krzymomof4
Silver Member
I love my brother, but he has no common sense.
My mom called me today and asked if PC would replace a Chillzanne Bowl. I asked what happened and my 28 year old brother melted it in the microwave!! I said sorry, no dice. Guess she will have to hunt for one on ebay:yuck:

My husband did the same thing!!

krzymomof4 said:
I love my brother, but he has no common sense.
My mom called me today and asked if PC would replace a Chillzanne Bowl. I asked what happened and my 28 year old brother melted it in the microwave!! I said sorry, no dice. Guess she will have to hunt for one on ebay:yuck:
You can still order her one as an individual order till the end of Sept, just date it for Aug! Unless they are sold out!!!

When I tried p3 says that it is back ordered.

Here's another one... my DH thought you could use our micro cooker on the stove top! DOH, it warped it on the bottom but it's still usable! ;)

Sounds like we need to educate the men in our lives better!! LOL!! My DH always asks before doing something with my products, "can this go in the dishwasher?" is his favorite!

My hubby knows better than to touch any of my PC stuff now. I had to slap his hands a few times when he almost put a piece of stoneware or exec. cookware in the dishwasher! hehe.

At least he asks. Mine doesn't ask, but I follow up after him just in case.

tlag1986 said:
At least he asks. Mine doesn't ask, but I follow up after him just in case.

He's a quick learner :)

My hubby knows everything there is to know about PC, after all I practice a lot of my spiel to him. He also asks tells the children "That's stoneware, that does not go in the dishwasher, along with mommy's knives, and pans!" That's when he looks over at me with a smile and a thumbs up!
Ha ha ha, he's great!

Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
My hubby knows everything there is to know about PC, after all I practice a lot of my spiel to him. He also asks tells the children "That's stoneware, that does not go in the dishwasher, along with mommy's knives, and pans!" That's when he looks over at me with a smile and a thumbs up!
Ha ha ha, he's great!

Debbie :D

That sounds like Russell! He has learned if he doesn't know ASK!

My BFF's husband melted their "spatula" on the grill ... reasoning that it was rated for 650 degrees. (I'm still not 100 percent sure whether it was their "scraper" or "turner" that got damaged because they use the word "spatula" for both ...)

Yeah, my dh knows better than to put my ice cream dipper in the dishwasher. he did however, try to help this weekend with dishes and put ds's disney toystore cup in the dishwasher which is also a big no no

Bless their hearts they do try and sometimes I just don't know where they get their logic from lol? I give my dh the run down of do's and don't when it comes to my PC goods. It helps me to practice the use and care for each item on him lol. He sees it as nagging I'm sure but I call it practice lol.

Related to My Brother's Microwave Mishap: A Lesson in Common Sense | Family Humor

1. What is "My Brother's Microwave Mishap: A Lesson in Common Sense | Family Humor" about?

"My Brother's Microwave Mishap" is a humorous story about a family's experience with a microwave mishap caused by the narrator's brother. It highlights the importance of using common sense and following instructions, even for simple tasks like using a microwave.

2. Is this story appropriate for all ages?

Yes, this story is appropriate for all ages. It contains clean and family-friendly humor that can be enjoyed by both children and adults.

3. Is this story based on a true event?

Yes, this story is based on a true event that happened to the author's family. However, some details may have been exaggerated for comedic effect.

4. Can this story be used as a teaching tool for children?

Yes, this story can serve as a teaching tool for children. It effectively conveys the message of the importance of using common sense and following instructions, while also entertaining them with its humorous tone.

5. Where can I purchase "My Brother's Microwave Mishap"?

"My Brother's Microwave Mishap" is available for purchase on various online platforms, such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and the Pampered Chef website. It may also be available in select bookstores.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • reba515