• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal My Brother Is Turning 21.....In Iraq

In summary, Meghan is looking for people to send her a birthday card for her brother who is deployed. She has a list of people who she would like to send a card to.
thecougchef
hi all - my brother is turning 21 on the 19th & as ive said before - he is currently on his 1st tour of duty in iraq. i am going to mail out a big birthday box but i thought it would be neat if i could send him a flood of birthday cards. so my thought is - if any of you would be willing to purchase/make/write on a napkin a little birthday message for him, you can send it to me & i will forward it to him. i was a sophomore in college when he went into basic training & the girls from my sorority would send him letters every week. & chef success is sort of like my new sorority :D

pm me if you are interested & i will give you my address.

& i know there are others whose brothers & husbands are deployed right now too. i continue to pray for them every day...

Meghan - send me his address and when you want cards by. I'll have my daughter write one too - she loves doing that!

hi :D just bumping for the afternoon crowd.
thanks everyone for the overwhelming responses!

im looking for the edstrom family!

my brother just emailed me saying he got a card from the edstrom family but i didnt know whos last name that belonged to. :eek: he was excited because it was his first birthday card! i emailed him that it was "someone from my pampered chef family." thank you to whoever that was
smileyhug.gif

thecougchef said:
im looking for the edstrom family!

my brother just emailed me saying he got a card from the edstrom family but i didnt know whos last name that belonged to. :eek: he was excited because it was his first birthday card! i emailed him that it was "someone from my pampered chef family." thank you to whoever that was
smileyhug.gif
Her screen name is JAE!

She won't be on tonight, because she has a huge Open House....I'll point her in this direction though - I'm seeing her tomorrow morning.

ChefBeckyD said:
Her screen name is JAE!

She won't be on tonight, because she has a huge Open House....I'll point her in this direction though - I'm seeing her tomorrow morning.

i thought it might be her.
ill send her a pm :)
thanks becky!

Hi, Meghan. I don't have private messaging enabled (I prefer email), but I would love to send a card, even though it might get there a little bit late. My husband returned in July from a year at Camp Taji, and our fellow Chef Successors really blessed him while he was gone. I would love to pay it forward!

My email is [email protected]

I'm on now. I'm so excited that my card was the first that he received. :)It was so fast. I think I sent it last Thursday or maybe Friday. I hope he gets lots of cards.

I would love to send him a card and I bet I could get my son's 1st grade class to make cards for him - send me his info!

I sent a box to Meghan's brother on Friday. It cost $10 with a flat rate box. I had it prepared before I showed up to get in line at the post office. I was bummed that I stood in line for at least 5 minutes and then had to fill out a "customs" slip. Not a big deal except I then had to stand in line again. Sooo, moral of the story: You have to fill out a customs slip that the postmaster attaches. You still put the address and return address on the box. The label is attached next to that info. You write down what is inside the box and how much it's worth. Write out a list before you tape the box shut, so you don't forget what's in there. Now I know, and I'll be prepared next time.

It isnt so bad if you grab a handful of thecustoms form the next time you go to the PO then you will have it ready when you are standing in line. MY PO lets us step to the side and fill it out and not have to wait in line again. Sorry that happened to you!

Good luck and thanks for the reminder

1. How can I celebrate my brother's 21st birthday while he is in Iraq?

One option is to send him a care package filled with his favorite treats and a small gift. You can also coordinate with his fellow soldiers to throw a small party or have a virtual celebration through video chat.

2. What can I send my brother for his 21st birthday that is allowed in Iraq?

Some ideas for care package items that are allowed in Iraq include non-perishable snacks, hygiene products, and entertainment items such as books or magazines. Be sure to check with the military base for any specific restrictions.

3. How can I make my brother feel special on his 21st birthday even though he is away?

Consider sending him a personalized gift or handwritten letter expressing how much he means to you. You can also plan a surprise virtual party with family and friends to make him feel loved and celebrated.

4. Is it appropriate to send alcohol as a gift for my brother's 21st birthday in Iraq?

No, it is not appropriate to send alcohol as a gift to someone in the military, even if they are of legal drinking age. It is against military regulations and could potentially get your brother in trouble.

5. Are there any resources or organizations that can help me celebrate my brother's 21st birthday in Iraq?

Yes, there are organizations such as Operation Birthday Cake and Soldiers' Angels that specifically help with sending care packages and planning celebrations for military members' birthdays. You can also reach out to your local military base for assistance and guidance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kitchen2u
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • nikkijo