• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My BIL's Pickle Relish Success - & A New Job Opportunity!

In summary, the conversation discusses various uses for the mix n' chop, including making pickle relish, guacamole, crushing graham crackers, and breaking up boiled eggs for egg salad. The conversation also includes a tangent about children mispronouncing words and a mention of camping in a 20 oz. cup. Overall, the mix n' chop is praised for its versatility and ability to make cooking tasks easier.
LBurke
My brother in law just told me last night that he used his mix n' chop to make pickle relish. He seasoned sliced pickles (my dad's recipe) and then used the mix 'n chop to make them into pickle relish right in the jar!:cool: Thought I would share... he's come up with a couple of really good tips for me like this... oh, and he just got laid off from his job that was keeping him from signing!!!!

We use ours for making guacamole:) makes some nice chunks.

That's a great use! I'll remember that!

And congratulations on the possible recruit too!

Thanks... not that I'm happy he got laid off or anything, but he really wanted to do PC.

I'll have to try the quacamole... I love it, but am pretty much the only one I know who does, so I don' t get it very often.

I used to not like it and then I tried it one day when my hubby made it and i'm hooked.

LBurke said:
Thanks... not that I'm happy he got laid off or anything, but he really wanted to do PC.

I'll have to try the quacamole... I love it, but am pretty much the only one I know who does, so I don' t get it very often.

We interrupt this thread for a momentary hi-jack...

I just noticed the way "guacamole" was spelled in your post (NO--I am absolutely NOT correcting your spelling!!!). My 6-year-old used to call guacamole "crack-amolee" and we still call it that. It's one of those words that I would snarl at someone if they even attempted to correct him. I LOVE when kids mispronounce things!

And now, back to your regularly scheduled thread...

Ah, yes, that would be a q, not a g, wouldn't it!:eek: I hate spelling and used to drop out of the elementary school class spelling bees on purpose on the first or second word, even if I knew it... same kid won every year anyway:rolleyes:
I think that was typed about the time my two year old was bugging me to refill his sippy. His new word is accident. I got him out of time out the other night for throwing a fit about brushing his teeth and he said "but mommy, it was an accident." I don't really think that there's anything accidental about a fit, do you?! And how do you not laugh at that?!
Ok, I'm done with my tangent too... back to the Mix 'N Chop

There's no q in guacamole...

I used it the other day to crush graham crackers into crumbs for a trifle I was making. Not sure if this use has already been shared!

I used mine while camping in a 20 oz. beverage cup, with 8 oz. Lo-fat yogurt, some of our Cinnamon Plus, 2 pkts. Splenda, and a few strawberries. It made a quick, easy breakfast, and the Mix N Chop did a great chopping job on the strawberries. It turned the yogurt a pretty pink too!

DanielleQ said:
We interrupt this thread for a momentary hi-jack...

I just noticed the way "guacamole" was spelled in your post (NO--I am absolutely NOT correcting your spelling!!!). My 6-year-old used to call guacamole "crack-amolee" and we still call it that. It's one of those words that I would snarl at someone if they even attempted to correct him. I LOVE when kids mispronounce things!

And now, back to your regularly scheduled thread...

I love it when kids put their own interpretation on words too! At our house, we don't eat graham crackers......we eat "gramma crackers".:D The first time DS had one was at Grandma's house....so of course, he thought it was a "gramma cracker" - we thought that was just too cute - so now, that is all we call them.

We also don't eat ravioli - just rollies.:D :D

Grandmarita said:
I used mine while camping in a 20 oz. beverage cup, with 8 oz. Lo-fat yogurt, some of our Cinnamon Plus, 2 pkts. Splenda, and a few strawberries. It made a quick, easy breakfast, and the Mix N Chop did a great chopping job on the strawberries. It turned the yogurt a pretty pink too!
Were you really camping in a 20 oz. cup?:)

I use the Mix & Chop to break up boiled eggs for egg salad. Another good use is when making smoothies in the blender to push the fruit and ice down safely.

ChefBeckyD said:
I love it when kids put their own interpretation on words too! At our house, we don't eat graham crackers......we eat "gramma crackers".:D The first time DS had one was at Grandma's house....so of course, he thought it was a "gramma cracker" - we thought that was just too cute - so now, that is all we call them.

We also don't eat ravioli - just rollies.:D :D

Love these...my son used to say ambly ance and instead of chicken pox...it was chicken pops!

I used mine while camping in a 20 oz. beverage cup
You camped in a 20oz cup? What diet are you on? Do tell!!!

What is "My BIL's Pickle Relish Success" and how can I make it?

"My BIL's Pickle Relish Success" is a delicious homemade pickle relish recipe that has been passed down through our family for generations. To make it, you will need diced pickles, onions, bell peppers, sugar, vinegar, and a variety of spices. Simply mix all the ingredients together, let it simmer on the stove for a few hours, and then can it for future use.

Can I substitute any ingredients in the pickle relish recipe?

While we highly recommend following the recipe as closely as possible for the best results, you can certainly make some substitutions based on your personal preferences. For example, you can use different types of pickles or add more or less sugar depending on how sweet you want your relish to be.

I've never canned before. Is it difficult to do for this pickle relish recipe?

Canning might sound intimidating, but it is actually quite simple and can be a fun activity to do with family or friends. We recommend following proper canning instructions and using sterilized jars and lids to ensure the safety and longevity of your pickle relish. You can also find many helpful tutorials and resources online.

How long will the pickle relish last once canned?

If properly canned and stored in a cool, dark place, the pickle relish can last for up to a year. Once opened, it should be refrigerated and consumed within a few weeks.

What is the new job opportunity at Pampered Chef and how can I apply?

The new job opportunity at Pampered Chef is for a sales consultant position. As a sales consultant, you will have the opportunity to sell high-quality kitchen tools and products, earn commissions and rewards, and be part of a supportive and fun community. To apply, you can visit our website or contact your local Pampered Chef representative for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Paige Dixon
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Evelynt
  • ahammons
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Cindycooks
  • shelly.nurse