• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Baby Starts Kindergarten Today

In summary, She was so excited for kindergarten and it was exciting and scary at the same time. She is excited to have these milestones in her life and is looking forward to her son starting kindergarten in September. She is also excited for her oldest son to start kindergarten in December.
missydivine
Gold Member
She was so excited. I think it was 6:30 and she wanted to leave for school. We dropped her off; DH took some time off to go too. I didn't cry. I haven't made it through the day though. My little one keeps asking when we are going to pick her up. Not till 3:30.

Awww... I don't even want to think about kindergarten yet:p Although sometimes I wish I could send her now!

How exciting she wanted to go so badly. Good job not crying:)

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} It's exciting and scary to have these milestones in our (and our kids') lives.

To make you feel better (I think): I am taking MY BABY to college tomorrow. Talk about a milestone!

ohhh!!! I remember that! I didn't have a hard time until my youngest started school! I cried when she started preschool and kindergarten! Each time I made it until I got to the car! She never saw me cry! With my son, I didn't cry so bad, probaby because I had a baby when he started preschool and a toddler when he started kindergarten, and I didn't have time to cry! He is in his last year of elementary now, and I think I'll cry at his graduation! I better wear sunglasses so that I don't show it! I have a hubby who would tease me and my son is a good boy but might get embarrassed if I got all blubbery! Is that a word, blubbery???!!!
Good luck!

Last edited:
I dropped my 2 babies off for Pre-K today with DH.
By the time I got in the car the emotions hit me!
My babies are growing up!

I understand what you are going through. I dropped my daughter off this morning for her first day of kindergarten also. She was so excited and couldn't wait. I get to pick her up at 2:00 p.m. They are letting school out early until after Labor Day for the heat, the school does not have air conditioning.

My oldest starts Kindergarten in September. I hope he is excited! He is shy, so I'm a little worried. Plus he's a "young" Kindergartener. (cut off is Dec. 1 and his Bday is 11/22)
My little one just started pre-school two days a week.
Time sure does fly!

Mine starts kindergarten Mon and every day he keeps telling me how many days till he starts he is so excited.

Related to My Baby Starts Kindergarten Today

1. What can I do to prepare my child for their first day of kindergarten?

It's important to start getting your child into a routine before their first day of kindergarten. This can include practicing waking up and getting dressed at a certain time, having them pack their own backpack, and talking to them about what to expect in kindergarten.

2. How can I ease my child's anxiety about starting kindergarten?

One way to ease your child's anxiety is to take them on a tour of the school before their first day. This will help them become familiar with the layout and atmosphere of the school. Additionally, reading books about starting kindergarten and talking to them about their feelings can also help alleviate their anxiety.

3. Is it normal for my child to cry on their first day of kindergarten?

Yes, it is completely normal for children to cry on their first day of kindergarten. It's a big change and can be overwhelming for them. It's important to reassure them that it's okay to feel sad and that you will be there to support them.

4. How can I stay involved in my child's education during their kindergarten year?

There are many ways to stay involved in your child's education during their kindergarten year. Some suggestions include attending parent-teacher conferences, volunteering in the classroom, and staying in communication with their teacher. You can also ask your child about their day and help with any homework or projects they may have.

5. What skills should my child have before starting kindergarten?

Every child is different, but some basic skills that can be helpful for starting kindergarten include being able to write their name, recognizing letters and numbers, and being able to follow simple instructions. However, these skills will also be taught and reinforced in kindergarten, so don't worry if your child is not yet proficient in them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
ElizabethPurvis
  • AnnieBee
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
peichef
Replies