• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Moving to Maine: What's the Sales Waiver?

In summary, a sales waiver is a document issued by the state of Maine that allows non-residents to sell products or services in the state for a short period of time without obtaining a Maine sales tax license. To obtain a sales waiver, you must submit an application and a non-refundable fee of $5 for each event or location. A sales waiver is only valid for the specific event or location listed on the application.
AnnaPChef
Ok, so now that I'm actually preparing for our move (AAHHHHHHH!!!) I'm wondering-if I decide to use the sales waiver-do I have to use all three months of it, or if I book a show a week after we get to Maine, will I still be able to submit it? It will be so much easier for me to get shows there-in fact I have a few people who said they wanted to host when I got home, so now I'm wondering what to do, lol. TIA

When you request the waiver, you tell them how many months you would like it for. While you are on leave, you can submit anything anytime. It won't count against you... don't worry about that.Just be sure you know that anytime you take a waiver, you cannot take another leave or do a retroactive waiver within 12 months.HTH.

As a person who has moved their business twice, once from overseas and both during the summer.....I wouldn't "plan" to take leave. I personally made sure that I had sales in the month that I moved. I continued to work my business online while moving using e-mail and my website. I only requested leave when I "knew" that I would need it...more towards the end of the month.

Here's my favorite waiver:
leaf_blower.jpg

Hi there! Congratulations on your upcoming move! I know it can be overwhelming, but I'm sure you'll do great. To answer your question, if you decide to use the sales waiver, you are not required to use all three months of it. You can submit a show anytime during those three months, so if you book a show a week after you get to Maine, you can definitely submit it. It's great that you already have people interested in hosting when you get there, so you can definitely take advantage of that. Just make sure to communicate with your hostesses and let them know about the move so they can plan accordingly. Best of luck with your move and your business! Let me know if you have any other questions. Take care!

1. What is a sales waiver?

A sales waiver is a document issued by the state of Maine that allows individuals or businesses to temporarily sell their products or services without obtaining a Maine sales tax license.

2. Who needs a sales waiver?

Anyone who is not a resident of Maine and is planning to sell products or services in the state for a short period of time, typically less than 14 days, may need a sales waiver.

3. How do I obtain a sales waiver?

You can obtain a sales waiver by completing and submitting the Application for Temporary Sales Tax Waiver to the Maine Revenue Services. You must provide information about your business, the products or services you will be selling, and the duration of your sales activity in Maine.

4. Is there a fee for a sales waiver?

Yes, there is a non-refundable fee of $5 for each event or location where you will be selling your products or services. This fee must be submitted with your application.

5. How long is a sales waiver valid for?

A sales waiver is valid for the specific event or location listed on the application. If you plan to sell at multiple events or locations in Maine, you will need to obtain a separate sales waiver for each one.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SummerG
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • KellyTheChef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • vtolin