• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

May Sales Recap: My Disappointing HWC Results and Moving Forward

I think this might be because I stuck to my guns and refused to do the HWC items.I think it would be interesting to have one or two items in the regular catalog- maybe some classics, and have them selling year round for a big donation at the end of the year. It would still be "special" but they could do w/ the pink items like they do w/ Round Up.
chefsteph07
How did everyone do on sales/HWC?

Mine was not so good! The HWC items went over like a lead balloon! :cry:
I think I sold about 3 items total and NO ONE wanted the host special, except I had a past host who took the appetizer plates. All in all, a big disappointment, but I'm hoping for a better June and my July is almost booked, so I'm moving on!

I sold my first 2 pink items yesterday. That was it.

HO has to be evaluating the whole HWC campaign. I think across the board consultants did not sell anywhere near what has been sold in the past. I think last year at Conference they announced $800,000 in donations from May 2010 so my ears will be open to hear what amount it was this year.

I had my worst year EVER with pink sales! I really thought they would do well, but not so much.

I didn't sell a darn thing. :(

I am glad I was not the only one. I sold 4 HWC items, but I blame that on my inexperience. I thought that shoe would fly out the door, I really did my best with it with the skills I have now. Oh well, keep learning and trying!

I think it would be interesting to have one or two items in the regular catalog- maybe some classics, and have them selling year round for a big donation at the end of the year. It would still be "special" but they could do w/ the pink items like they do w/ Round Up.

I think cheaper items is important too. A $17 cake server (when not everyone even uses one). Plus, even if people like (or are okay with pink), they actually might not like the zebra print, which is a little trendy, which not everyone likes.I would just like pink versions of items that we love and could use more than one of. Scrapers, turners, quikut knives, i-slice, twix-its, etc. I don't care if I have a couple, I could use another so they are very easy gifts to give. They didn't have anything like that this year and it bombed. I usually sell several of the cheaper items (like the twix-its last year).

chefsteph07 said:
I think it would be interesting to have one or two items in the regular catalog- maybe some classics, and have them selling year round for a big donation at the end of the year. It would still be "special" but they could do w/ the pink items like they do w/ Round Up.

Every year I write that on the 'wish list' at conference. Pink Food Chopper! would be way cool :) Sell it year-round like we do the RUFTH stuff.

i did not sell the first thing

chefsteph07 said:

I think that's a great idea! :thumbup::thumbup:

I usually do a ton of pink stuff because I am a Breast cancer survivor, this year, hardly any. I think the program needs to be revamped. I spun it this year as supporting the division of the ACS "with skin on"--explaining that the $$ raised went to do things like buy wigs for chemo survivors, rides to treatment, medication for nausea and pain, etc. More interest than just saying "we're raising money for breast cancer". Past customers asked for twixits and the martini glasses more than anything else.

I sold only two pink paring knives. Several people were interested in the cake server but didn't want to pay $17 for it. I thought the zebra print was cute, but I think I'm the only one that thought so. Everyone else I talked to thought it was rather juvenile. Last year, however, I sold a bunch of martini glasses, tomato knives and the twix-it clips. I agree that some top sellers should be in the catalog year round, but offer it with HWC color or 'normal' color. If, for example, HO were to choose the Food Chopper, I would hope they would give the option of white or pink though.

I had an order come in last night at 9:30pm for 2 zebra towels and the pink paring knife... all I sold of the Pink products.

Hardly none maybe 10 items total and one host special that is it from me.

May was actually my best month so far with PC. I was a few dollars shy of $5000. In total donations, I raised about $350. I "sold" around 50 pink products but I'd say 35 of them were the free coupon holder. I had a great fundraiser which accounted for about $315 of the $350. I only sold 1 cake cutter. I had trouble even promoting it because I didn't like it at all. Most of the sales were the paring knife. I was surprised I only sold 1 towel. Of all the products, I thought that would sell the best.

Congrats to pchokeymom that is wonderful next year will ask for your tips

I didn't sell many pink items either, but had a great month with over $4,000 in sales. I hope the rest of my summer goes as well, need to get more shows booked.

My may stunk, but mostly because it's the busiest month of the year job-wise. Now that this is over, I'm looking forward to a strong June and a stronger July.

I didn't sell many, maybe 10. Biggest item was the towel. Everyone liked the cake server, but didn't want to pay the price. I agree that they need to do regular catalog items with a few "new and interesting" items for the HWC campaign. I am thinking a Pink Mix N Scraper, Prep Bowls with Pink Lids, the pink tomato knife sold really well, or even Pink Glass batter bowls.

I had a lot of people spend over 60 to get the coupon holder but I didnt sell alot of items either.

I personally love pink and animal print, so I loved the items this year, but I sold very few... mostly I bought them for future gifts.... It was really disappointing... I love the pink program and waiting to see what the products will be, but I was really surprised at how well the items did not go at parties....

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who didn't do very well w/ the pink products. I sold a few towels and maybe 2 of the heels. I had a customer call me after a bridal shower to tell me that instead of the cookie press she ordered she got a "weird cake high heel thing" sent to her. Solution center told her to keep it and she didn't even want to keep it until I suggested she give it as a gift...thats how much she LOVED her cake server! haha

I didn't do well with them either. I think they were just to "fluff" for many people. And the pink serving pieces were pretty limited in their appeal. The one thing I sold a few of was the knife. I don't think anyone added to their orders to get the coupon holder, either.

heather223 said:
or even Pink Glass batter bowls.

I have been begging for this for awhile now!

On a side note and not in relation to Pink products- I really would like a bigger size of the batter bowl or even a glass bowl. I am not a huge stainless person and LOVE LOVE LOVE my batter bowls!

Love my batter bowls as well...just wish they stacked better!

I did one HWC fundraiser and raised about $200 total, with mostly regular products. I did have one cancer survivor who ordered one of everything and a few people who ordered one or two items, but mostly I'd say that the HWC products this year flopped. I thought the cake server was cute, but honestly I wouldn't want one.

As for suggestions for future pink items, I'd suggest having a few more lower priced items like the twixits, the paring knives, even the orange peeler!

No, Pink Items sold. It is all in the product and this year the products just did not appeal to people. Take some of our standard products and make them pink.

It wasn't our imagination. The NewsWire says we raised $500,000+ this May. I checked my conference notes from last year when we raised $800,000 in May. As I recall, in previous years we were usually raising much closer to a million or over a million. I can see a difference of a $100,000 due to the economy, but this year's gap of $300,000 has got to be due to the products. Let's hope we can make up the gap in October.

My new idea - make October our HWC month, which is national Breast Cancer Awareness month.

I didn't get a single order for any of the pink products even at vendor fairs that were for relay for life teams.

I was really glad I earned them and hadn't invested my own money for buying them.

I saw that we only raised a little over $500,000. That is way down from last year. I sold 32 pink items. Again, cost was a big factor. No one had the money to spend. I too had a lot of interest in the High Heel but everyone bulked at the $17 price tag. I only sold one! The other complaint, the $1 per item donation. Most people reacted to that with a "WOW, is that all?". Well on top of the 25% and the cash donations, I only raised about $235. Last year at the same place, we did $700. The year before was over $1000. So, the economy shows. Yes, something really needs to be done. Keep the products under $10 and make them something people really can use all the time. The paring knives went very well. I sold, yes, 32! NO OTHER ITEM SOLD! I could not even get people to grab the coupon holder for free! I mean come on, how boring! It is almost like they gear the products and prices to people who have money.

The pink tomato knives and twixits were big hits in previous years; I had people asking about for the pink nylon knife too (like the "new" black one we now have).

Could you imagine a pink mix n chop?? :love:

chefsteph07 said:
Could you imagine a pink mix n chop?? :love:

OH MY! That would so sell!! I want one! :love:

I would love to see a pink Cool & Serve but only because I am not a fan of the green.lol I did not sell any pink products and was not impressed with them this year.

Is anyone else's PWS still showing the HWC "Show your Stripes, Join the Fight" article in your NEWS Section? Mine still has the list of HWC products and talks about hosting a May show. It's not on the front page, just in the "News". I think they missed it.I'll shoot them an email, but was wondering if others had it.-EDIT: Nevermind...I see that others DO. I looked at a bunch of bookmarked PWS from my cluster and friends and they all still have it. I'm going to email them to make sure it is removed hopefully this weekend with the maintenance (maybe already on the list, but can't hurt to make sure, right?)

1. How did everyone do on sales and the Host Wellness Challenge (HWC)?

Results vary for each consultant and can depend on a variety of factors such as customer interest, marketing strategies, and personal sales efforts. Some consultants may have had great success with the HWC items while others may not have sold as much. It's important to focus on your own sales and not compare yourself to others.

2. How can I improve my sales and HWC results?

One way to improve your sales is to actively promote and demonstrate the HWC items to your customers. You can also offer incentives such as a free gift with purchase or a discounted price for purchasing multiple HWC items. Additionally, make sure to follow up with past customers and remind them of the limited-time nature of the HWC items.

3. What should I do if the HWC items are not selling well?

If the HWC items are not selling well, it's important to stay positive and focus on other products and promotions. You can also reach out to your upline or other consultants for advice and tips on how to boost sales. Remember to keep promoting the HWC items, but don't let it discourage you from selling other products as well.

4. How can I make the most of future sales and HWC opportunities?

To make the most of future sales and HWC opportunities, it's important to plan ahead and have a solid marketing strategy in place. Utilize social media, email marketing, and in-person demonstrations to promote the HWC items to your customers. You can also offer personalized recommendations and bundles based on their needs and interests.

5. What should I do if my sales are not where I want them to be?

If your sales are not where you want them to be, it's important to reflect on your sales efforts and see where improvements can be made. You can also reach out to your upline or attend training sessions for tips and advice on how to boost your sales. Remember to stay positive and keep pushing forward, as success in sales takes time and effort.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PampChefDeb
  • hmolah
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies