• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Feeling Motivated & Blessed After My February Pampered Chef Success!

In summary, Chica had great success in February with 10K in commissionable sales and 4 new recruits. She recommends focusing on what you love about your product, how it's different from others on the market, and why customers may want it. She also recommends cooking in the Damascus Chef's Big Box Bouquet Basket (dubbed the "Igloo"), using the Ultima Mandolin for sales, and giving out freebies to recruits.
ShelbyMichalek said:
How are you getting the 10k besides the techniques you've already shared (or is that all there is to it?)

First thing - I don't always have a 10K month. Wouldn't that just be super?!?! My avg month is only $3-$4k so the $10k was the first and I'm not planning on it as the norm.

I don't think I do anything special. I'm no Michael Reeves or Penney Parkes by anymeans. I 'wing it' at my shows. I really need to work on consistency. I have some parties with 3 or 4 bookings and then some with none or just one. Its all the luck of the draw (in my opinion). What I try to do at all of my shows: (key word was 'try')

1. Intro listed in this thread - get the guests to sell the products for me
2. I am packing light - not bringing a ton of stuff with me
3. Cook in the DCB at every single party - only time I dont is if there is no MW or one big enough. If the host is close, cook in it at home and take it prepared to the show.
4. Host coaching is a must and is probably the most critical part. I found out the hard way - trust me!
5. Find your own ways to 'dangle carrots' that don't break the bank or that work for you. I listed some of my carrots in this thread
6. KISS - Keep it simple stupid. Really! People's time is valuable. Even last night at the GO show for my newbie recruit I heard a lady say to my new consultant "THanks for inviting me! This was fun! Not like my last 2 PC parties. They played stupid games and even a bingo! It took so long and I just dont want to sit here and listen to someone squak. I have things to do." (Her words - not mine so please no critics)
7. Use the catalog to your advantage. Its an AWESOME tool. I NEVER bring SA to my parties with the exception of the dots trio bowl when I do fajita's (used for toppings). Have them open to the pages and talk about benefits with the pictures - like show and tell
8. Always talk about expensive items and use them - great booking tool. You don't have to talk about the Mix N Chop - someone will for you and its only $10. If you're talking about your whisk, measuring spoons, Mix N Chop etc you're killing yourself. They will buy those anyhow out of need or their price. But "WHY" should they buy the big ticket items? Show them, tell them, prove to them, convince them. (ex: if you have SS bowls, why use the Batter Bowl? They will buy that and they don't need a party to get it. It screams "just buy me and be done with it" for price whereas SS bowls scream "Holy crap I'm not paying that price! I need to have a party so its half-priced, that price I can justify." If you don't like the Ult Mandolin - learn to like it :p its expensive (sales) or a booking tool. FIND ways to incorporate more tools (if you have them) into a recipe if its a higher ticket (say Salad Spinner). Even if you don't need a chopper, use it! Its a key item. Take a half an onion with you or a potato, carrots, whatever you have lying around. CHOP for $29.50. Give them MULTIPLE ways to use items. I NEVER use the garlic slicer for garlic - but boy do I use it for chocolate (baking). I don't take the garlic slicer with me but when I use the garlic press (always), I then tell them how if you just want peeled garlic for say stuffing a roast, how would you love to not having it stuck to your fingers? Then I use the Garlic Peeler (which I do carry in my TTA) but maybe you like to saute sliced garlic - then talk about the Slicer and many uses and how they can be bought as a set for a savings for those garlic fans. I use the Bamboo S&P Grinders for every recipe (somehow) - again bookings or high ticket item.

My party on Friday was $900 when I left, here are the only items I took:
DCB, cooling rack, trivet, med cutting board, citrus press, garlic press, Ult Mand, Chopper, small saute pan (only to talk about for cookware), Utility Knife (forgot my Santoku), silicone garlic peeler, Dots Trio bowl, Bamboo tongs (both sizes), Bamboo Spoons (tongs & spoons used for toppings/fajita mixture), Garlic Parm Oil Dipping Seasoning (for Pork Tenderloin), SW Seasoning (for Fajitas), Kitchen Shears (trimmed/cut the chicken), SS Med Bowl (for a 'garbage bowl') Chef's Tongs (for putting raw chicken in DCB) & then my TTA that is packed to capacity but that is merely just for if someone wants to see something - I could even do without that). Other than a handful of items - its primarily the consultant kit. I want people to see that what I'm doing really only takes what is in the kit. I even tell them that! The recipe doesn't call for a lime nor pressed garlic (I don't think anyhow) - but I do it just to show more and give it more flavor. It also does not call for the Grinders, a garbage bowl etc.
9. When I talk about their order form I talk about RUFTH & the trivet, which then leads me to HWC, Fundraisers and Registries.
10. I always say something about key collections - cutlery, cookware, SA, Bamboo, outdoor, pantry, cookbooks.
11. I offer the "Dinner in No Time Set" (bundle) with the DCB - found the flyer on here.
12. I sprinkle bookings/recruiting info all throughout the show. Really focusing on bookings, not sales.
13. I have LOTS of fun - and so do they. Keep it light - don't take yourself seriously. People HATE boring home parties. I'd rather gouge my own eye out. :D
14. Be human - don't just be a consultant. Sit and chat with the people, mingle, befriend your host - get to know them. Acknowledge their family or something to connect with them.
15. Make the show SUPER easy for the host. They don't want a ton of work to do - they are busy.
16. Knowledge is power! I firmly believe that. I am a sponge for information - do all that you can to increase your knowledge of what works, what doesn't. (for you or others) Be open to trying new things, be willing to spend money to make money but yet be frugal about it - no need to give away the bank.)
I do audio's of other speakers not just on PC page - sign up for website emails from diff speakers etc. People are always mentioning diff ones on here.

I can't think of more right now, if I do I'll add it later. Hope that helps or answers your question.

Melissa, I about cried reading this. You're being so helpful in sharing all of that!! Thank you so much!!
Now only to get some bookings on my schedule so that I can show off everything I'm learning.
Thank you so much! I'm going to do some studying/practicing in the next couple days.

Glad it was helpful to you and anyone else.

Also - anyone else - if I didn't reply to your post. I apologize. Please quote it and I'll respond. I may have gotten lost in the replies and missed someones. It wasn't intentional - I just tried to reply to each one separately and may have missed one.

Melissa78 said:
Laurie be careful what you ask for :D I flew to Dallas Tx one year for Easter just to visit a friend and to get away to warm temps. I just dug out of 12+" of snow...I was in Dallas in March/April and we went to the Botanical Gardens and the zoo! In short sleeves! I flew home into a Noreaster Blizzard. Lovely!

You all ask the questions - I simply answer. I'm glad I can be of help - I often feel like I don't do things right or that I'm fumbling. Once I'm consistent, then I'll know I've mastered the art.

Well, give me 4 days notice so I can clear a space for ya. The weather is a bit rainy today, but the temp has got to be a welcome relief for you as you are in blizzard country. You are welcomed anytime.:D

I've been enjoying all your replies. :love: I am not surprised by your generosity nor by your stellar success. Your specific detailed notes you have managed to relay to us all has me in awe. Brilliant and beautiful....both your format and YOU.

Thanks!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Well, give me 4 days notice so I can clear a space for ya. The weather is a bit rainy today, but the temp has got to be a welcome relief for you as you are in blizzard country. You are welcomed anytime.:D

I've been enjoying all your replies. :love: I am not surprised by your generosity nor by your stellar success. Your specific detailed notes you have managed to relay to us all has me in awe. Brilliant and beautiful....both your format and YOU.

Thanks!

We hit the 50's today! Wahoo! I have grass again and hardly any white stuff (now its just mud - grrr)

Your kind words, as well as those from others, really make me smile. Thank you (everyone) for that. I really just want others to be successful as well and pay it forward when they are. When I am down, I am sure someone else will help me out - like you. :balloon:

What is the DCB bundle?

You can do a search on this site about it - its how I found it. Also there's a link about a call. Maybe someone else can list the link (I don't remember it). The bundle I do is: Choice of DCB (color), dig pocket thermometer, 2 rubs of choice & Weekday Dinners Done cards for $99 with free shipping.

Thank you!! that is such an awesome idea!!! After reading about Melissa's 10k month I am totally inspired to SERIOUSLY GET CREATIVE! My upline shared her story and we were both in AWE! I had a $3k Feb. which was the highest for me yet.. But I want that to be a TREND for me! I already started dangling carrots today.. so we will see how it goes!

mailgirl1978 said:
Thanks Shelby! I think the biggest part was being nervous and yes, trying to do it too fast! ha ( I was doing the 3 cheese garden pizza last night...so I had to slice onions, tomatoes, and zucchini....by the time I got to the last one I was ready to throw it in the garbage...ha)

a hint to be a little less stressed: do most of your slicing on the UM as prep work (before your show starts), and only leave a few chunks to slice (or have guests slice) during the show. Just tooooo much silent time to fill up esp. if you are feeling ready to toss it ;-)

kitchenmomma09 said:
Thank you!! that is such an awesome idea!!! After reading about Melissa's 10k month I am totally inspired to SERIOUSLY GET CREATIVE! My upline shared her story and we were both in AWE! I had a $3k Feb. which was the highest for me yet.. But I want that to be a TREND for me! I already started dangling carrots today.. so we will see how it goes!

It really is all about creativity and making it "your business" and finding what works for you. I have read MANY posts on here that would never work for me. We each have our own style and personality - I do try things others mention if it intrigues me (or I see it works well) but then I tweak it or I find it doesn't work for me. My director is awesome and people love her to pieces but her personality is sooooo not mine that I would be fake if I tried to imitate her. I do take some of her ideas though :) (but don't we all borrow?) Let me know what carrots you dangle and how its worked out. I'm all about learning from you as well! Best wishes!:balloon:

wowie! Such great tips!

Thank you for your ideas..I think they are GREAT...I am new and always looking to increase sells and have yet to recruit anyone. So, see what "tooting your own horn" did...it helped someone like me do better at our business...:)

vgibsonrn said:
Thank you for your ideas..I think they are GREAT...I am new and always looking to increase sells and have yet to recruit anyone. So, see what "tooting your own horn" did...it helped someone like me do better at our business...:)

Glad to have helped you and so many others. Best wishes as you begin your new business. Make sure you have a lot of fun - thats what matters most! (i my opinion of course!)

:balloon:

I'm trying to use some of your tips in one of my April shows (March has been a major flop). I'm hoping it goes well, I haven't had a lot of luck with shows hosted by family, so let's hope this one goes well. It's my DH's aunt hosting.

I'm so excited for her show because it's the last show I'm doing before I move to Mississippi. (I'll set aside 1 weekend every two months to come back up to visit and do shows, but this will be the last before I move away)

Anyway, wish me luck. I hope I can make some of your techniques into my own!

I just saw this ... way to go girl! :D

UPDATE: I had my first cooking show where I've put these ideas into use. First, the host wanted free ingredients & invited over 60+ people! The law of averages worked out & we had about 13 guests. I made the Mini BBQ Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches in the DCB and everyone wowwed! I sucked up my hatred for the Ultimate Mandoline & used it to slice onions into the bottom of the DCB & someone bought one! I had a DCB bundle flyer on display & talked about what you could get for $99 - and someone ordered it! Then I did my full service checkout & now I have someone who wants to join!Thank you Melissa!!!!

Way to go Kristina! A big WAHOO for you! Glad it helped you out. Sending a congratulatory hug from PA to TX. Keep up the good work.

Right back at 'cha! And another update: the lady who bought the mandoline is the one who wants her husband to join. She called & noticed that since the mandoline comes in kit, she changed her order to the DCB! She also had booked a catalog show, so I convinced her to put the show in her husbands name so he could use the FPV as a kit credit!I'm also going to wait to submit this show until April 1st so it will help with my "maternity leave" sales. Things are going great!!! ((HUGS)) to PA!

You are all truly inspiring!! Thank you for being so generous and sharing your excellent ideas! Especially you, Melissa!! I will be putting a few of your ideas into practice. I'll let you know how it goes.

<h2>1. How did you have such a successful month with Pampered Chef in February?</h2><p>In February, I focused on working hard and taking advantage of the great host specials and recruiting incentives that were being offered. I also made sure to stay organized and motivated throughout the month.</p><h2>2. What made February different from other months in terms of sales and recruiting?</h2><p>February was unique because of the amazing host specials and recruiting incentives that were being offered. They really motivated me to push myself and go above and beyond in my sales and recruiting efforts.</p><h2>3. How long have you been with Pampered Chef and what has your experience been like?</h2><p>I have been with Pampered Chef since June 1 and I have had very good sales results. However, I had not been successful in recruiting until February. Overall, my experience with Pampered Chef has been positive and rewarding.</p><h2>4. Can you share any tips for having a successful month with Pampered Chef?</h2><p>My biggest tip would be to stay organized and motivated. Make sure to take advantage of any special promotions or incentives that are being offered, and don't be afraid to reach out to potential recruits. Also, always focus on providing excellent customer service to your clients.</p><h2>5. What do you plan to do with your earnings from this successful month?</h2><p>I plan to use my earnings to reinvest in my business and continue to grow my sales and recruiting efforts. I also plan to treat myself and my family to something special as a reward for all of my hard work.</p>

1. How did you have such a successful month with Pampered Chef in February?

In February, I focused on working hard and taking advantage of the great host specials and recruiting incentives that were being offered. I also made sure to stay organized and motivated throughout the month.

2. What made February different from other months in terms of sales and recruiting?

February was unique because of the amazing host specials and recruiting incentives that were being offered. They really motivated me to push myself and go above and beyond in my sales and recruiting efforts.

3. How long have you been with Pampered Chef and what has your experience been like?

I have been with Pampered Chef since June 1 and I have had very good sales results. However, I had not been successful in recruiting until February. Overall, my experience with Pampered Chef has been positive and rewarding.

4. Can you share any tips for having a successful month with Pampered Chef?

My biggest tip would be to stay organized and motivated. Make sure to take advantage of any special promotions or incentives that are being offered, and don't be afraid to reach out to potential recruits. Also, always focus on providing excellent customer service to your clients.

5. What do you plan to do with your earnings from this successful month?

I plan to use my earnings to reinvest in my business and continue to grow my sales and recruiting efforts. I also plan to treat myself and my family to something special as a reward for all of my hard work.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MaryannNic
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
RachelNguyen
  • akaskydebil
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies