• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Opt Out of Monthly Consultant Promotions?

In summary, the company offers "carrots" in the form of promotion items, but some consultants do not want them. The company should offer an option of PC dollars instead.
pkd09
Silver Member
OK, I hope I am not opening a can of worms here but....

There are times I do not want the consultant promotion....not all the time; just some times. I wish we had the option of "opting out" or given PC dollars instead. I have promo items just sitting in a closet yet I paid for them on my 1099. I love that PC offers us these "carrots" and most of the time I love the items but I just don't have the room.

I hear you. There are many times when I say "Oh yea...another bag." Then I just found out that each one I earned last year is $30-$60 income, and I'm paying taxes on them.

I am not a "Bag" lady. I don't get at all the excitement over 31 Bags, and I use the same purse for years and years until it wears out. So, for me, the bags, totes, and purses used as incentives are a bit too much.
Sure, I can use them for incentives, etc...but still....I agree, I would love the option of PC $$ in place of another bag. :rolleyes:

pkd09 said:
OK, I hope I am not opening a can of worms here but....

There are times I do not want the consultant promotion....not all the time; just some times. I wish we had the option of "opting out" or given PC dollars instead. I have promo items just sitting in a closet yet I paid for them on my 1099. I love that PC offers us these "carrots" and most of the time I love the items but I just don't have the room.

I agree and think that the pc $ would be such a nice option. And I feel the same when recruiting. The little gifts that they send you for the wahoo club are so bad. Really cheap, nothing that I would use or give away. Save the postage and just give me $5 extra in pc dollars.

I think it would be great if they had a PC$ option for each incentive. I love the bags but can easily see how after many years in the business, or if bags aren't your thing in the first place, the amount of these would get tiresome. You could try to sell them here on the market place or to someone in your cluster. I'm putting them in as a deduction in P3 though, because to me I view them as marketing. I take pictures of them and post it on FB and talk about them at shows to highlight the different perks we get as a consultant. And I use them as I'm out and about, so to me that's marketing and perfectly reasonable to write off. IMO

Have you guys emailed HO to suggest this option??? I think it's a great idea!For new consultants who are just starting out or with the company a short time, having these bags may be great! For those of us who have a closet full or are "carrying less", not so much. My 1099 - I didn't make much- but almost 1/3 of my reported earnings on the 1099 came from the "FREE" stuff. :) Some I use, some occasionally.Yes- you can sell it. and get it that way, but it's so much easier to have a choice. ;)
EMAIL HO. THEY LISTEN!!! :D Just be sure to THANK THEM for the great incentives....they don't have to give us anything!

I do like the idea of having an option of PC dollars or the incentive. However, until that's an option, they make great incentives for your team! Give them as rewards to those that didn't earn them but are perhaps making and meeting goals they've set for themselves.

I hear you girls! I'm a guy and have more pink bags than I can handle. They want us to go for our MORE, but going for our more is giving us less when you have to pay tax on them. I love the idea of PC dollars insetead of prizes for incentives but I honestly would not mind getting nothing if i have to pay tax on it. This is new to us here in Canada, we did not receive 1099 and did not pay taxes on incentive prizes. Yeah Go for your MORE! huh!

Have you read the fine print on the current recruiting promo? The 25PC$ option has been on several recruiting promotions. You can certainly suggest to HO that we get PC$ instead of the bags, etc. but if they did, you'd probably get 5PC$ at best. Instead of $100+ or more grill etc. you can get 25PC$.

I gasped when I saw the value of those bags from last fall. Some are sitting in the bottom of my closet.

I just used the current Carry Less Sell More bag and was like "yeah, right, I can barely fit anything in here and it's supposed to be a whole show?" I had been using one of the bags from last fall. I got to talking to my host and a lingering guest about the May products b/c they said they love pink. I then realized I should go back to carrying the bag from the fall since it has the HWC pattern on it. It will be a great way to mention booking May shows even if you're not trying to promote them yet.

I looked up how much my Coach bag that I got for being a top Dec. seller is. I don't care how much cuz this is the best bag I've ever gotten from PC. It has zippers and pockets in all the right places, a cute pink lining. Not a bag I would have bought myself but I like it and use it. I do feel bad for people who consistently earn these expensive Coach etc. bags and have to pay taxes on them and never use them, esp. the guys.

I know someone who called the home office and told them she did not want to pay taxes on the incentive and she mailed it back to them. Maybe if they get enough returns, they'll do things differently.

Karen

Karen Weber said:
I know someone who called the home office and told them she did not want to pay taxes on the incentive and she mailed it back to them. Maybe if they get enough returns, they'll do things differently.

Karen

that's actually silly. She probably spent more money mailing the thing BACK to PC than just claiming the taxes!! Especially since after you deduct your business expenses (including the incentive promos in some cases that we use in our business!), she still should have come out ahead on the items overall.

And she could have SOLD the darn thing and MADE MONEY. Some people are funny. ;)

1. What is the current monthly consultant promo?

The current monthly consultant promo for Pampered Chef is the "Double Points" promotion. This means that consultants earn double points for every dollar of commissionable sales they make in a month.

2. How do I qualify for the monthly consultant promo?

To qualify for the monthly consultant promo, you must be an active consultant and meet the minimum sales requirements set for the specific promotion. This may include reaching a certain amount of commissionable sales or booking a certain number of parties within the month.

3. Can consultants combine the monthly promo with other offers?

Yes, consultants can combine the monthly promo with other offers, unless specifically stated otherwise in the promotion details. This allows consultants to maximize their earnings and rewards for the month.

4. Are there any exclusions for the monthly consultant promo?

Exclusions may vary for each monthly consultant promo, but they will be clearly stated in the promotion details. Some exclusions may include non-commissionable sales, such as purchases made with host rewards or personal purchases.

5. How will I receive my rewards for the monthly consultant promo?

Rewards for the monthly consultant promo will be automatically added to your account and reflected in your next commission check. If you have any questions or concerns about your rewards, please reach out to your team leader or Pampered Chef customer service for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Stephanie78
  • cmdtrgd
  • General Chat
Replies