• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Monday Is Right Around the Corner...

In summary, user Darcy's anxiety is really bad this week and she is scared about the unknown. She is preparing for the surgery but worries about the aftermath. She is encouraged by other users who have had the same surgery and who say that it is a normal process. She is praying for user Darcy and sending her support.
Congratulations! It can take a while for you to really be able to tell, but I'm sure you'll be seeing and feeling the difference soon. You'll continue to be in my prayers. Please keep us updated!

Well time for another update, I haven't been around for a while so when I stoppeed in it occurred to me that I should let you all know how I've been recovering.

A few days ago was my one month anniversary since surgery. In one month I have lost 32lbs!!! It's definately showing now and I feel really good. I havn't had any trouble with food or vomitting as of yet and no complications to date either. The only thing negative that I can possibly say is that I get dehydrated much quicker so I'm making sure to keep pumping the fluids into me all the time.

I started back to work with my Pampered Chef business a week ago and it reminded me of just how much I love what I do. It sounds silly but I almost forgot that on my leave. My first show back just reinstated in my heart what I already knew, this job was made for me! I couldn't be more excited to get out there and start doing my October shows!

Glad to hear the good report! We want before and after pictures someday!!!!That reminds me, a lady here at work had it done a month ago...need to check in on her soon!

So glad to hear your happy update Darcy!!
Can't wait to see your before & after pictuires!

Wow 32 lbs. that is wonderful.......!!

Good luck w/those Oct. shows.

Darcy~

Praise God that your recovery has gone so well! I am so happy to hear that you have not had any problems or vomiting. How cool is that about going back to doing demos and LOVING it!! I am sure that your business is just going to TAKE OFF now...even more than before!

Thanks for updating us, I was just thinking of you. Make sure you keep us posted when you can!

Photos Of Me!Well time to dig this thread back out! I just learned how to post pictures so wanted to post some before and after's for you since they've been requested!!! I'm 6 1/2 months out from my gastric bypass and have lost 92lbs so far, with another 50 or so to go before I hit goal.... oh... and I'm currently 16 week pregnant! YAY! So much has changed since my surgery, and it's all for the better. It's not about the weight, but about my health, and I'm so excited to say, I'm a happy, healthy, mom and wife and life is really treating me well!

Here we go...

This first picture is me 1 week BEFORE my sugery:
Darcy1weekbeforesurgery.jpg

And here is me 5 months out from surgery at this year's Leadership Conference, it's the newest picture I have to share :)
PChefOhioLeadership08010.jpg

PChefOhioLeadership08022.jpg

Wow - Awesome! You look great! I'm so happy for you!

Wow Darcy you look great, although you looked like a great person before too!!!
Is it hard? I know it's more than just eating, I'm guessing it's a life style change.

Well I didn't know you before and I don't know you now, but you look great! Good luck with the next 50 lbs (either before or after you give birth!). I know it is all about changing your eating habits!!

Congrats!

Congrats!! I'm new to PC (just finished hit my 2 month mark) and wanted to say that you look AWESOME!! Congrats on the accompishment & an even bigger congrats on the baby!!

You look great!! Congrats on everything...the changes in you and your pregnancy!!!:)

I am STUNNED!!! I'm sure you get that all the time, but I can only guess that you NEVER get tired of hearing either! I had to look at your before picture a few times to really remember who you were... I had no clue from the "New Darcy" pics!!!

What part of the after-surgery lifestyle has been the hardest to get used to? Well, other than the exhauston from all the shopping to get a completely new wardrobe! Lucky!

pclinskie said:
Wow Darcy you look great, although you looked like a great person before too!!!
Is it hard? I know it's more than just eating, I'm guessing it's a life style change.

Oh it's definately hard, it's all about a lifestyle change and that really doesn't come easy. The surgery isn't the answer, it's just the tool. I still have poor eating habbits and that's something that I'll have to work on and probably struggle with for the rest of my life. The surgery prevents me from over doing it, but it's still up to me to make the right decisions on what I choose, that's where it get's REALLY hard!

My biggest test will be on the Pampered Chef cruise this April I'm sure! I've cruised my whole life, and I've over eaten and binged on those cruises my whole life. This will be my first time cruising with having to make those good decisions and pick and choose, rather than just picking EVERYTHING because it's there!

I'll be on the cruise leaving out of Port Canaveral, anyone else doing that one? It will be a huge change for me, but I'm just going to keep busy and not focus this trip around food! Oh, and I can't wait to try out some of my new "skinny clothes" ha ha on this trip, keeping in mind that I will be 21 weeks pregnant still! LoL

You look awesome! Congrats on your weight loss & your buddle of joy that is on the way!!

Darcy ~ you look FANTASTIC! So what's your total weight loss since surgery? My husband had the Roux en Y (however you spell it) on 12/3/08. He's lost 100.5 pounds so far. He's looking like a different man....just like you! You're absolutely right, it's a TOOL, not a solution. DH is watching/doing everything to the tee. We went for his 3 month check yesterday and they are very happy with what he IS doing. He just needs to increase his exercise, he knew that going into the appt. He got a promotion while out on leave and of course, now he's unindated with a huge workoad. Trying to hire staff, etc...he normally goes to water aerobics on his lunch hour, but folks are not paying attention to the blocked out time on his calendar and still schedule meetings. But he KNOWS what he needs to do. He's doing well, just like you! Congratulations ~ keep in touch!!!

katie0128 said:
Well, other than the exhauston from all the shopping to get a completely new wardrobe! Lucky!

Well, there's a down side to this too...they have to buy new clothes like every other week. The pants my DH bought 2 weeks ago, don't fit now. That's the way is was through this whole process. In the beginning, he loved it, now he's beginning to dread it because of the $$$ you have to fork. Don't get me wrong...he LOVES his new size, just like Darcy!

I've gotten pretty crafty with my sewing machine so I won't spend the extra bucks. I've done really well with the budgeting and taking things in, I'm actually quite impressed with myself since I'm a self proclaimed SHOP-A-HOLLIC LoL. But, I think it must be harder for a man because they have so much less options when it comes to style than we do.

I did buy new summer clothes for the cruise but being pregnant made it SO easy! (If you can beleive that!) All of the new styles out there are flowy with an empire waist so their going to last me from now and when I get bigger in the belly. I was super excited with what I found and the deals I got. OH MY GOSH, I got a super cute semi formal dress in red satin at Motherhood maternity on sale for $4.99. I'm serious, $4.99, it was a hold over from Christmas that they were trying to get rid of, RED SATIN! Yippie, I'll be stylin on the cruise :)

Darcy, you look awesome. I'll see ya on the ship! :)

OhmyDLM said:
Well time to dig this thread back out! I just learned how to post pictures so wanted to post some before and after's for you since they've been requested!!! I'm 6 1/2 months out from my gastric bypass and have lost 92lbs so far, with another 50 or so to go before I hit goal.... oh... and I'm currently 16 week pregnant! YAY! So much has changed since my surgery, and it's all for the better. It's not about the weight, but about my health, and I'm so excited to say, I'm a happy, healthy, mom and wife and life is really treating me well!

Here we go...

This first picture is me 1 week BEFORE my sugery:
Darcy1weekbeforesurgery.jpg

And here is me 5 months out from surgery at this year's Leadership Conference, it's the newest picture I have to share :)
PChefOhioLeadership08010.jpg

PChefOhioLeadership08022.jpg

Dang girl!! You looked beautiful before the surgery and you look freakin' AMAZING now!!!!
WAY TO GO!!!

I'll be on the Sovereign cruise too!! See you there! I can't wait.....only 34 more days!! Woo hoo!

YAY! Is there already a thread going somewhere on here about who's going on which cruise? I'd love to get to know some people ahead of time and make connections on the ship. I think that would be so fun! I'm seriously SO SO SO excited for this cruise and to get out of this cruddy Maine weather at the moment!

Darcy, congratulations on your success - 92 pounds is amazing! You are very beautiful (before AND after)!

Congratulations on your pregnancy, too. What do you have to do differently now that you are pregnant? Are you supposed to continue to lose weight, stay the same, ????

Congrats again!

dianevill said:
Darcy, congratulations on your success - 92 pounds is amazing! You are very beautiful (before AND after)!

Congratulations on your pregnancy, too. What do you have to do differently now that you are pregnant? Are you supposed to continue to lose weight, stay the same, ????

Congrats again!

Thank you very much for your kind words :blushing: ha ha

Well what I have to do different is make sure that everything I put into my mouth has a point to it. Because I can't technically eat the normal amount a pregnant lady's body requires, the food that I do eat has to have substance and a purpose. This has been hard for me because I still struggle with food and wanting the wrong things. Actually today has been a really bad food day for me so I'm cutting up some cheese right now to give me a little protein as compared to the carbs I put in earlier.

As far as continuing to lose, every doctor has a different opinion. I am working closing with my OB, my surgeon, and also my nutritionist. It works out for me that my Dr's are comfortable with me continuing to lose 1 to 2 lbs a week throughout my pregnancy, as long as I'm eating so many calories a day. I'm working on it, I've got more work to do, but luckily for us and our little one is looking great so far. We go for our next ultrasound on the 19th and will check on them again, and we are supposed to be learning boy or girl too! :love:

Wow so amazing, good for you girl!!!!

You look amazing!!! Good for you! And I LOVE the dark hair and shorter hair cut, it makes your eyes really stand out!

Congrats Darcy; both with the weight loss & the pregnancy! The haircut is cute!

You look wonderful!! Way to go and congrats on the pregnancy!!! :chef:

Holy cow! Way to go. I've seen so many people's lives who were blessed by having the surgery. I have an aunt who bascially used to look like a ball with arms and legs and now she looks so good. I also ran into the lady who did my hair for my wedding and didn't even recognize her! Seriously, my sister had to tell me twice who she was!

Oh Wow!!!You look amazing! How beautiful you look! Congratulations on the baby and the weight loss.:thumbup: :)

How cool is it to actually lose weight while pregnant and still have a perfectly healthy baby!

Darcy...you are a beautiful person...inside and out! You were pretty before...but you look happier and healthier now!

Congrats on the baby, let us know what your ultrasound shows!

katie0128 said:
I am STUNNED!!! I'm sure you get that all the time, but I can only guess that you NEVER get tired of hearing either! I had to look at your before picture a few times to really remember who you were... I had no clue from the "New Darcy" pics!!!

What part of the after-surgery lifestyle has been the hardest to get used to? Well, other than the exhauston from all the shopping to get a completely new wardrobe! Lucky!

That's a really great question Katie. I had to think about it because there have been a lot of hard things to get used to, but I think the hardest has been changing my mindset on how to eat. I've always been a fast eater and because of that I always ate and overate before my stomach told my brain I was full. Now, the surgery prevents me from overeating and I become full very easily! Before surgery I could have easily eaten enough for a whole meal in 10 minutes. Now I need to strech my meals out to at least 30 minutes in order to get it all down (by all I mean the amount I need to eat for myself and this baby). Because bad habbits are hard to quit, I find myself eating quickly at first and then regreting it fast as it won't go down well since my tummy's already litterally fulll. (It's painful and often you get sick from filling up your stomach and food tube as it will back up on you) I need to give myself a few minutes after every bite for the food to slowly pass through my new "small" tummy before I try to fill it again. My stomach was seriously taken from the size of a football to the size of a walnut right after surgery although it's gotten bigger since then, it's probaly the size of a small lime now! Also, your not supposed to drink while eating because it will push the food through faster, therefore making you hungry earlier. I hope that all makes sense LoL... but that's been my hardest thing to adjust to I think!

Darcy, I just wanted to add my congratulations to every else's, both on the weight loss and your baby!! You look MAH-velous, DAH-ling! ;)

<h2>What is the date and time of your surgery?</h2><p>The surgery is scheduled for Monday, August 27th at 8:30 am.</p><h2>How are you feeling about the upcoming surgery?</h2><p>I am feeling quite anxious and overwhelmed this week. I struggle with anxiety already, but it is especially bad this week. There are so many things I want to do and say, but I feel like I don't have enough time.</p><h2>Why are you having this surgery?</h2><p>I am having this surgery because my husband and I are hoping to start a family soon. We want children so badly and I believe this surgery will improve my health and increase my chances of getting pregnant.</p><h2>How are you preparing for the surgery?</h2><p>I have been preparing for this surgery for quite some time now. I am mentally and physically prepared, but I am still nervous about the unknowns.</p><h2>What are your fears about the surgery?</h2><p>I am afraid of the unknowns and what could potentially go wrong. I am trying to plan for the worst-case scenario, but it is difficult for me to do so without feeling overwhelmed and anxious.</p><h2>Has anyone experienced similar emotions or situations?</h2><p>I would love to hear from others who have gone through a similar experience. What did you do to cope with your fears and anxiety? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.</p>

Related to Monday Is Right Around the Corner...

What is the date and time of your surgery?

The surgery is scheduled for Monday, August 27th at 8:30 am.

How are you feeling about the upcoming surgery?

I am feeling quite anxious and overwhelmed this week. I struggle with anxiety already, but it is especially bad this week. There are so many things I want to do and say, but I feel like I don't have enough time.

Why are you having this surgery?

I am having this surgery because my husband and I are hoping to start a family soon. We want children so badly and I believe this surgery will improve my health and increase my chances of getting pregnant.

How are you preparing for the surgery?

I have been preparing for this surgery for quite some time now. I am mentally and physically prepared, but I am still nervous about the unknowns.

What are your fears about the surgery?

I am afraid of the unknowns and what could potentially go wrong. I am trying to plan for the worst-case scenario, but it is difficult for me to do so without feeling overwhelmed and anxious.

Has anyone experienced similar emotions or situations?

I would love to hear from others who have gone through a similar experience. What did you do to cope with your fears and anxiety? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefa
  • OhmyDLM
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
susanr613
Replies