• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Alone at Nc - but I Don't Want to Be

In summary, the speaker had roommates arranged for a conference but they all backed out, leaving them to look for a roommate for the Sheraton Towers. They are an early riser and an early-to-bed kind of person, and are fine with their roommate staying up late. The reservation is for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday night. They are looking for someone to room with, and are okay if the person has plans with their team. They are unable to cancel the room now and are hoping to find a roommate. They have tried contacting their upline for help, but have not had success. One of their roommates backed out due to a family reunion, but then invited them to a party during the conference. The speaker is frustrated with
raebates
Staff member
So, I had roommates all set for NC. I got a reservation at the Sheraton. I was all set. One by one my roommates have left me (and, at least one, the business).

So, I'm looking for a roommate for the Sheraton Towers.

Here's what you might want to know about me:

I'm an early riser, but I'm quiet as I get ready.

Being an early riser, I'm also an early-to-bed kind of gal. However, it doesn't bother me at all to have someone puttering around the room or watching TV as I drift off to sleep.

What I am looking for is a roommate. If you have things to do with your team, that's fine. I'm a big girl and am fine on my own. I like to get to breakfast early so I can browse Merrill or chat with people. But, that doesn't mean I expect my roommate to do the same.

The reservation is for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday night.

Let me know if you are interested in joining me.

I would room with you in a heartbeat... but I'm not going :(Is it too late to cancel your room? Nancy (Nanisu) is looking for two roommates.

Boy, wouldn't we have fun? Yes, it's too late to cancel the room. :(

I think it is crazy that you have to cancel so far out. If you reserve a room directly with the hotel, you can cancel up to two days before the event! And the prices are no different (I've checked that too). The only reason I can see you'd go through PC for the rooms is to have multiple consultants on the registration.

It's never been an issue before. I'll be okay if I don't get a roommate, but I'd really, really prefer not to have to carry the whole financial load myself.

That's crazy. If it's too late for you to cancel then it should be too late for them to cancel. They should be on the hook for their share. But I understand emergencies arise.

Intrepid_Chef said:
That's crazy. If it's too late for you to cancel then it should be too late for them to cancel. They should be on the hook for their share. But I understand emergencies arise.

Rae's too nice to make them pay. ;)

Last year we sort of had the same problem. I sent an email to my upline and they were able to help out. Maybe you've already tried that but if not it's worth a try!

Only the last dropped out after the drop date. When she realized it was going to be too late to cancel the hotel she said, "Well, then I'll just have to go." I assured her that I was certain I could find a roommate. After all, I don't want a roommate who doesn't want to be there. That would be no fun. Plus, I wanted her to do what she needed to do.I'm not "too nice" to make them pay, Bobbi. LOL! Frankly, I'm selfish enough to want my roommate to want to be there with me.

Did you find a roommate?

Maybe. I've got someone I'll be calling today.

I thought I might have someone but the situation has changed. Good Luck!

Aw Rae!!!
We have two rooms filled to capacity but if I have any last minute team members decide to attend, I'll hook them up with you because you are WONDERFUL!!

Thanks, Carolyn. :D

Gosh Rae I wish we could room-I have the same problem and I already KNOW we would be great together. I think it stinks that we have to cancel so far out too. I am not happy that my roommates cancelled. One of mine cancelled because she had a family reunion come up at the last minute (?), and then to add insult to injury sent me an invitation to a Silpada party on the 7th. I graciously replied "I'm so sorry, I will be at National Conference."

Nanisu said:
and then to add insult to injury sent me an invitation to a Silpada party on the 7th. I graciously replied "I'm so sorry, I will be at National Conference."

No! Really! GAG!!

Well, a last-minute reunion I can understand. While I'm a plan-ahead kind of gal, most of my family operates on a last-minute basis. Playing devil's advocate here, maybe a cousin sells Silpada and asked her to do a show with the reunion.

No, that is not the case. That is just the way she is. Someone probably approached her and asked her and she said yes because I'm thinking her family reunion might not be till the weekend and the 7th is a Thursday. But what irks me is her backing out and leaving me with the room. And the clincher? Yeah, she is my upline.

Nanisu said:
No, that is not the case. That is just the way she is. Someone probably approached her and asked her and she said yes because I'm thinking her family reunion might not be till the weekend and the 7th is a Thursday. But what irks me is her backing out and leaving me with the room. And the clincher? Yeah, she is my upline.

Nancy, you know I would be there with you if I could. And you know she doesn't do it maliciously... but I know how aggravating it can be. (((hugs)))

And you know she doesn't do it maliciously... but I know how aggravating it can be. (((hugs)))

Oh I know, but it's still tacky. And she certainly knew she was sticking me with the room$. Her exacts words to me, two weeks ago, were "oh, you'll find someone". It is very frustrating dealing with her. And now it's cost me $110 a night.

We have room for 1 at the Sheraton, but I realize that doesn't help you unless you find a way out of the room................sorry you're going to get stuck with the entire bill. OUCH!

Do they charge you the full cost if you cancel your reservation? Would you be better off paying the "fine" and you 2 room together?

Nanisu said:
And you know she doesn't do it maliciously... but I know how aggravating it can be. (((hugs)))

Oh I know, but it's still tacky. And she certainly knew she was sticking me with the room$. Her exacts words to me, two weeks ago, were "oh, you'll find someone". It is very frustrating dealing with her. And now it's cost me $110 a night.

We have always made it clear that if you cancel you have to either pay for your part of the room or find a replacement for yourself. I have always required deposits to reserve the space, non-refundable if no show and no one takes the space so that those who do go don't get stuck with a higher bill. Luckily we've :yuck:always been able to fill the rooms. Uplines of all people should be that responsible. It seems like a lot of people are in this situation this year.

I hope you are able to fill the space but if not I'd go back to her and tell her that you tried and stressed over filling her spot but that since she cancelled when it was too late to cancel the room she owes you. I know. But I'd still say something. It's just not fair.

Well, I might have a potential roomie--find out tomorrow! At least 3 splitting the room is better than 2, fingers crossed!

Found a roommate! She's from Iowa. Looking forward to meeting her. :D

GOOD! Because every time I saw your sad thread title...I just wanted to give you a hug. ;) Being alone at conference STINKS! (I have never been alone in my room- THAT I would enjoy, no...SAVOR! It's the "alone" in a room full of thousands that is not much fun!)

Well, Bobbi, you've met me. I'm never alone for long. LOL! As a matter of fact, my roommate and I talked. It was a roommate I was looking for, not necessarily a joined-at-the-hip buddy. I like autonomy. My roommate has a team she's with at NC. Though we'll spend some time together, I'll be on my own a lot. Which leads to this . . . please don't hesitate to invite me along for dinner, excursions, etc. As of right now I'm available from Wednesday through lunch on Saturday. :)

I do have one wish. I wish that Experient and the hotel would get in sync. I called Experient late last week to remove the former roommates, since it was before June 21, the date after which they say to contact the hotel directly. The woman I spoke with was very polite and said that they had already sent the information to the hotel. She said I should contact the hotel after June 21 to make those changes.So, today I called the hotel. The woman I spoke to was actually a bit snippy. She said "We don't even have that information yet." I told her what Experient had told me. She said that they couldn't help me until after the 26th. I don't mind waiting. I just wish they were both giving me the same information.

Did you find a roommate? what is your contact info?

Yes, I found a roommate. :)

Wonder if I know who you are rooming with. I'm glad to know you found someone also!

Her name is Nancy, and she's a new consultant from Iowa. Most of her cluster is staying at another hotel. I might be the Essex. i don't have my notes near me right now.

1. What kind of roommate are you looking for?

I am looking for a roommate to share a room with at the Sheraton Towers in NC. I had roommates lined up but they have all dropped out, so I am now searching for a new roommate.

2. What are your sleeping habits?

I am an early riser and prefer to go to bed early as well. However, I don't mind if my roommate stays up later or has to get up earlier than me. I am a heavy sleeper and won't be bothered by any noise or activity in the room while I am sleeping.

3. Do you expect to spend time with your roommate?

I am perfectly fine with my roommate doing their own thing and having their own plans with their team. I am an independent person and can keep myself occupied. However, I do enjoy getting to know new people and would love to chat or grab breakfast together if our schedules allow.

4. How long is the reservation for?

The reservation is for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday night at the Sheraton Towers in NC. If you are interested in being my roommate, please let me know as soon as possible.

5. What should I do if I am interested in being your roommate?

If you are interested in being my roommate at the Sheraton Towers in NC, please reach out to me and we can discuss further details. I am looking forward to potentially sharing a room with you!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
lmradlein
Replies
Views
Tash
  • OxiaWorksXS
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam