• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini "Pumpkins" in Mini-Fluted Pan

In summary, Joanne shared how she and her son made small pumpkin cakes using a box of spice cake mix and a small can of pumpkin. She then demonstrated how to make a tootise-roll stem and added a few swirls of green icing to make it look like vines. She took the cakes to a show and sold 3 of them.
ChefinHarmony
I wanted to share... I just did a "Harvest" show where the host wanted to focus on the "pumpkin" theme. I got the awesome lists of pumpkin recipes from here and she made some of them - yummy - and I passed that out to the guests. But here's the cool thing... I told her I would make mini-pumpkins in the stoneware mini-fluted pan to bring to the show. It was so simple - I used a box of spice cake mix and a small can of pumpkin (got that from WW years ago) and they were so cute! You don't use any other ingredients - then the pumpkin adds fiber and makes the cakes so good for you. Then I did the tootise-roll trick for the stem and just add a few swirls of green icing for 'vine' on the pumpkins. Took them to her show on SA. Guess what?!?!? There were 5 buying guests there and I sold 3 Mini-Fluted Stoneware Pans!!! Oh, how I wish I would have done this at my September shows when we had the stoneware promo going on! Then my Host bought orange "take-alongs" (you know those rubbermaid things) the square small ones, put the pumpkins in them with Fall Hershey candy and tied them with a Halloween ribbon - each guest took one home (of course I tucked my Business card on top of each one :D ) It was so cheap and easy to take/prepare! I just wanted to share my "pumpkin" success story. I plan to do it for the rest of my shows this month and see if it continues to happen!
Joanne

2 years ago, my son had a cake walk for Boy Scouts. He and I baked pumpkins in the MFP as well and decorated the SA platter. We also made vines out of tootsies roll and it looked SO cute. We didn't win the cake contest though.....something that looked like kitty litter, in a kitty litter box with the scoop won. YUCK! Drew did win the costume contest though.....he was Capt. Jack Sparrow complete with velvet pants and a brocade coat!

I am sure that your customers will be awed by your Pumkin Patch Joanne! It really is a great idea!! Oh and I also make those cakes as Halloween teachers gifts.....I put a little maple glaze over the tops and some pecans, wrap them up and there are the teachers gifts!!

ChefinHarmony said:
I wanted to share... I just did a "Harvest" show where the host wanted to focus on the "pumpkin" theme. I got the awesome lists of pumpkin recipes from here and she made some of them - yummy - and I passed that out to the guests. But here's the cool thing... I told her I would make mini-pumpkins in the stoneware mini-fluted pan to bring to the show. It was so simple - I used a box of spice cake mix and a small can of pumpkin (got that from WW years ago) and they were so cute! You don't use any other ingredients - then the pumpkin adds fiber and makes the cakes so good for you. Then I did the tootise-roll trick for the stem and just add a few swirls of green icing for 'vine' on the pumpkins. Took them to her show on SA.

All you do is mix the box of Spice Cake Mix and a can of pumpkin?? No eggs or oil or anything else??

That is so cool! Would love to see a picture of the finished product!

I do the pumkin spice as a 1-2-3 cake, still very healthy. 1 cake mix, 2 cups pumkin (15oz can does work) and 3 eggs (I use egg beaters) great in the micro too!

Sounds cute! I actually plan on doing these for my Daugther's Mommy and me party in November! I hope they turn out as cute as they sound!

What is the Mini Fluted Pan and how does it work?

The Mini Fluted Pan is a small baking pan with fluted edges that is used for making individual-sized desserts, breads, and other baked goods. It works by evenly distributing heat and producing a crispy, golden crust on all sides of the food.

What are "Mini Pumpkins" and how are they made in the Mini Fluted Pan?

"Mini Pumpkins" are pumpkin-shaped desserts that are made in the Mini Fluted Pan. They are typically made with a pumpkin-based batter and baked in the pan until they are golden brown and fully cooked. The fluted edges of the pan give the pumpkins their unique shape.

Can I use the Mini Fluted Pan for other types of desserts?

Yes, the Mini Fluted Pan can be used for a variety of desserts such as mini cakes, tarts, and even savory dishes like quiches. Just make sure to adjust the baking time and temperature accordingly for different recipes.

How many Mini Pumpkins can the Mini Fluted Pan make at once?

The Mini Fluted Pan can make up to 12 Mini Pumpkins at once. This makes it perfect for serving individual portions at parties or gatherings.

Do I need to grease the Mini Fluted Pan before baking?

It is recommended to lightly grease the Mini Fluted Pan with cooking spray or butter before baking to ensure easy release of the Mini Pumpkins. You can also use parchment paper or silicone baking cups for easy removal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• siderits
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
rebeccastt
  • JAE
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • cbord