• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Catalogs Sold Out Already!

In summary, the conversation suggests that mini-catalogs are no longer being reprinted and that this may impact sales.
pcchefjane
Gold Member
Not really a rant but wasn't sure where to put it!

Just went on today after getting the Newswire yesterday saying mini-catalogs were in short supply and would not be reprinted! They are GONE! When I attempt to order any, it shows amounts as $0.00 even when I enter 100! So...anyone have any mini-catalogs they want to sell? I'm disappointed now that I am convincing my Hosts to use mini-catalogs for invites that I am not going to have enough! I am afraid the fundraiser I am doing at the end of June may wipe me completely out!

Wow! I can't believe they are aren't going to print anymore! They are what I keep in my purse when I am out and about - so much lighter and more compact than a full catty, and they allow me the opportunity to follow up with a full one. :(

Wow, and I was going to order more! That's what I use at my booths and I have 2 or 3 before the next catalog!

I was just going to place an order....oh well.

A month and a half left of the selling season and they're not reprinting? Wha...??!

Canada was out in the first month and they did not reprint.

Really doesn't make any sense to me either as to why they aren't going to print anymore....I think a lot of us have started using them for our invites when mailing them out for our hosts. I agree with Scott that we've got a while still to go in the season....

Guess I got lucky that I ordered this morning. If I run out, oh well. There is 2 1/2 months left. email HO if you use them as invites, if they hear from enough people maybe they will do a reprinting. I am sure they just don't want to get stuck with a ton.

Yeah- I can't believe that they encourage us to use them for invitations (many of the top-consultants training CDs), and with half the season left, why would they NOT reprint them! Maybe they'll surprise us with an alternative?? One can hope.I guess I'll be saving money on stamps now, since I can only send out postcards- not mini's.

This just makes me sick! I tried to order mine yesterday. Got to go the whole summer without them!!! GRRRrrrr

Maybe we should all just send a polite email to HO and let them know how much we use these mini-cat's for our business. Because they are so cost-efficient, many of us use them extensively- handing out to contacts we meet, at booths, as invites, etc. Of course, doing that would just bog down HO probably and make other problems. :DMaybe they just don't realize the extent of their use. It will likely impact sales too- if those are helping increase sales and attendance at shows (as many top-consultants on the training workshops I've listened to have seen happen in their business- Don Funt I think was one of them), then maybe they'll reconsider. It may be too late for this season, but they can plan better for the next.

Last edited:
Yes, my first thought was the same, that HO encourages everyone to use them and now they are going to basically screw us out of using them for the next 3 months. Not fair at all. Speaking of fair, my cluster participates in a fair the last week of Aug and we use a ton of those for handouts. What are we supposed to use now? Pretty soon they'll tell us they are out of recipe cards. Something else I use alot of...

I think it is RIDICULOUS that they are leaving us in a lurch like this. :mad:

chefsteph07 said:
Yes, my first thought was the same, that HO encourages everyone to use them and now they are going to basically screw us out of using them for the next 3 months. Not fair at all. Speaking of fair, my cluster participates in a fair the last week of Aug and we use a ton of those for handouts. What are we supposed to use now? Pretty soon they'll tell us they are out of recipe cards. Something else I use alot of...I think it is RIDICULOUS that they are leaving us in a lurch like this. :mad:
I think if I was doing a fair the LAST week of August, I'd use the new Fall/Winter Mini....;)

ChefBeckyD said:
I think if I was doing a fair the LAST week of August, I'd use the new Fall/Winter Mini....;)

Definitely...you should be in GREAT shape for that one. Probably even July events you could still use them, but if you are using them for show invitations- THAT's what will be the sticky part. (Until mailing for September shows obviously).

Wonder if mass emailing to HO about this would help. After all, on the back of every CN or on the inside in an article is "using the mini as a invite"! Gosh...they tell us to do it and then run out! I remember that about Canada now! This is crazy!

I'm pretty sure HO isn't doing this to piss us off - I don't believe that they print them in-house either and the turn-around time is probably too long to do us any benefit. Next season they will hopefully forcast that we need more and they will have them in stock for us.

Do they come out with a summer one like they do a summer catalog? When does the summer catalog come out? I know there aren't any new products, just a new lay out and maybe new recipes... am I wrong? :confused:

You'd think they would have let us know - if another version was coming out....Of course- this way, they were SURE to get rid of the old before coming out with the updated/new. :D i actually wish they hadn't told us they were running out- that just made them run out faster because so many consultant's probably stocked up! :)

Not to worry ladies & gents! I know one of us enterprising individuals will come up with a neat flyer to replace the mini's to send out with the invites.

Any takers? LOL

Crystal Patton said:
Not to worry ladies & gents! I know one of us enterprising individuals will come up with a neat flyer to replace the mini's to send out with the invites.

Any takers? LOL

you are so smart!

pamperedlinda said:
I'm pretty sure HO isn't doing this to piss us off - I don't believe that they print them in-house either and the turn-around time is probably too long to do us any benefit. Next season they will hopefully forcast that we need more and they will have them in stock for us.

That is my thought. Just like our catalogs, they have them printed up a head of time and the turn around time probably wouldn't get them to us in time. Maybe the demand was a lot greater this season then they expected.

I think emailing them is a great idea. Too many of us use them for fairs/booths, invitations, etc. and there's too much of the season left.

ChefPaulaB said:
Do they come out with a summer one like they do a summer catalog? When does the summer catalog come out? I know there aren't any new products, just a new lay out and maybe new recipes... am I wrong? :confused:

No, there isn't a mid-season mini, except for a holiday one in the Fall that focuses on Christmas gifts. And this season, there's no new big catalog mid-season.

chefann said:
No, there isn't a mid-season mini, except for a holiday one in the Fall that focuses on Christmas gifts. And this season, there's no new big catalog mid-season.
Oh, so there won't be a summer catalog, just the first Spring/Summer? Wasn't there one last summer?

The economy is hard on everyone *heheh* They are cutting costs. :D

I bet they did not anticipate so many new consultants. With the new career plan and the $65 mini-kit, team growth has boomed....and just perhaps, we are all being generous with our tips and ideas and encouraging our team mates to use those cost-effective mini's. ;)

It's inconvenient, but Crystal is right....we'll come up with a solution. :D

In fairness, call/email and politetly request they reconsider not reprinting. I imagine they are already printing the Fall minis now to have them ready for Wave 1 conference, but explain the minis are a needed resource for us to do well with our business.Hijack - are they printing a "second cover" mid-season catty? (YES, Scott! Reread the post and you'll see Anne answered that 4 posts ago...)Take care everyone! -Scott

Last edited:
ChefPaulaB said:

you are wrong. There is no summer catalog, no summer mini.

Well, here's what I just sent to customer service......it'll probably fall on deaf ears, but it's worth a shot!

Dear Sir or Madam;

I understand that the summer mini-catalogs are now completely sold out and that you have decided to not have any more printed. I do not agree with this. There are still a solid 2 1/2 months of this selling season left and with so many of us using the mini-catalogs as our invites for our hosts, and with booths and fairs still to come, we need these desparately. Please reconsider your decision and please print more of these so that we can continue to make great use of this awesome selling tool.

I doubt we'd see any reprint of this season's mini's, but hopefully, they won't run out so soon for the next season! :D

It is upsetting that they have both run out and won't print any more. They can't think it is helpful to the consultants--we are their front line of business. Does anyone know if there are consultants on their board to help make decisions? Most businesses do have representatives on their board.

Looks like its back to postcards for me.

They are a company just like any other out there. They probably used numbers from the past to figure out how many to order for this season. For some reason, they went through more than was expected. I bet they won't run into the same problem next season but I doubt they will have any more printed.

I just checked my inventory, and I have 7 packs left. I am 8 1/2 mos. pregnant (due in mid-July) and exhausted beyond belief, so I don't foresee myself booking too many more shows before the baby arrives :(. I am willing to part with 4 of these packs for $3.20 per pack (which included tax) plus shipping.

E-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Bren706 said:
I just checked my inventory, and I have 7 packs left. I am 8 1/2 mos. pregnant (due in mid-July) and exhausted beyond belief, so I don't foresee myself booking too many more shows before the baby arrives :(. I am willing to part with 4 of these packs for $3.20 per pack (which included tax) plus shipping.

E-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested.

I emailed and pm'ed ya!

What's funny is that when I read the Canadian post about the mini's being gone, I didn't realize it was CANADIAN! So I've been mourning all season!!You know, my history teacher told me not to believe everything I read...guess I haven't learned that yet! :)

1. What is the current status of mini-catalogs?

The mini-catalogs are currently sold out and will not be reprinted, according to the recent Newswire announcement.

2. Can I still order mini-catalogs?

No, unfortunately the mini-catalogs are no longer available for order as they have been sold out.

3. Why are the mini-catalogs sold out so quickly?

The mini-catalogs were in high demand and unfortunately, the limited supply was unable to meet the demand.

4. Will there be a restock of mini-catalogs in the future?

At this time, there are no plans to restock the mini-catalogs. However, if there is a change in the availability, it will be announced through the Newswire.

5. Can I still use mini-catalogs for upcoming events or fundraisers?

Unfortunately, with the current limited supply, it may be difficult to use mini-catalogs for future events or fundraisers. However, you may want to consider alternative options such as digital catalogs or using full-sized catalogs instead.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • ahinchey
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies