• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini-Catalogs Explained: What to Know & See

In summary, regular mini-catalogs are smaller versions of the regular catalogs, with new and older products, and they are designed to showcase holiday baking and entertaining. They are cute.
LibrarianChef
Silver Member
What, exactly, are mini-catalogs? I keep hearing about them on here, but all I know of from this season are the small holiday catalogs. Could someone let me know what regular mini-catalogs are and maybe even post a picture to give me a better idea of what they look like? Do they have everything in them or just a smaller collection? Any other information would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks, y'all! :)

I think there are new products in the mini catalogs. In the holiday one they use new and older products to showcase the holiday baking and entertaining. They are cute.

Ah ha! I get ya. My director gave me 6 of the new product catalogs in August--they were really small and just had a few items in them and I have about 5 of the holiday ones. So, I guess that means I have what everyone's talking about, then. Just making sure I wasn't missing out on something really helpful. I'd love to find a smaller catalog that has everything in it and that is a little less expensive for me to purchase. :p

There isn't a smaller catalog that has everything. Just the "New Products" one, and the holiday one. There will be a new version when the spring products come out.

With the price increase in catalogs this season I had to recycle most of mine through several shows and they were really beginning to look tattered. So I tried what someone else suggested last summer and invested in some nice 3-ring binders and sheet protectors. It was costly initially, but it didn't take long to carefully cut apart all my catalogs and put them into the sheet protectors. They look SO nice and professional!!!! I added an extra few sheet protectors in the back for additional ideas, recipes, etc. In the front pocket I put several order forms and in the back pocket I put the guest special for that month. I'm also printing up nice labels with something like, "Please return this binder to..." with my address, phone, email, web address, etc.

I'm hoping that the investment will help me save a little $$ because with each catalog being .80+ and me losing several at each show, I was needing to do something major. Now I can keep reusing these each season and just replace the old pages with the newer ones. YAY! :D

LibrarianChef said:
With the price increase in catalogs this season I had to recycle most of mine through several shows and they were really beginning to look tattered. So I tried what someone else suggested last summer and invested in some nice 3-ring binders and sheet protectors. It was costly initially, but it didn't take long to carefully cut apart all my catalogs and put them into the sheet protectors. They look SO nice and professional!!!! I added an extra few sheet protectors in the back for additional ideas, recipes, etc. In the front pocket I put several order forms and in the back pocket I put the guest special for that month. I'm also printing up nice labels with something like, "Please return this binder to..." with my address, phone, email, web address, etc.

I'm hoping that the investment will help me save a little $$ because with each catalog being .80+ and me losing several at each show, I was needing to do something major. Now I can keep reusing these each season and just replace the old pages with the newer ones. YAY! :D
Does anyone else do this??? Do any of you find that the guests at shows like or dislike this? I think that this idea sounds very good so I am debating whether to try this or not when I launch my business in January.

A hospitality consultant in my cluster set up binders at the beginning of this season, but I don't know how it's been working for her. She slowed down her business a bit in November and December, because she was nearing the end of a pregnancy (had the baby last week). Actually, she's on here every now and again -- JULIE!! HOW'S THE BINDER SYSTEM WORKING FOR YOU?

<giggle>
I was seriously considering it, and then I thought of the extra weight. Those binders and page protectors add a not-insignificant amount of weight. And I remembered how much I hated looking through catalogs in page protectors when I attended PL parties in the past.

haven't tried it yet but I am planning on implented it in the new year.

Catalogs are only 0.45 when you buy in packs of 100. I find most people return the catalogs and ask if they want to take one home, which I don't mind at all.

I place my catalog and lots of flyers in the sheet protectors. This seems to be working ok. I also bring catalogs and place them in a pile and invite anyone that wants one to take one with them.

I have been using mine in a binder with sheet protectors for fairs etc. It works great. I may invest in doing a bunch of them. We shall see.

It does sound like a great idea and a good way to cut down on paper costs, but I agree with Ann, I don't know if I want to carry the extra weight. Plus, I am always one of those people who likes to take the catalog home with me to really look at. I will have to keep thinking on this one. Thanks for the input! Anyone else use the binders for the guests??

Cookin' Mama said:
It does sound like a great idea and a good way to cut down on paper costs, but I agree with Ann, I don't know if I want to carry the extra weight. Plus, I am always one of those people who likes to take the catalog home with me to really look at. I will have to keep thinking on this one. Thanks for the input! Anyone else use the binders for the guests??
I have seen putting catalog pages into page protectors and although I think it is a great idea, I decided not to do this and it mainly is because of the weight issue. If I am going to lug weight around (other than my own fat :sing: ) I want it to be more products. And to me, I think that 45 cents per copy is a very cheap way of advertising. I have used small 1 inch binders for the almost 8 years I have been doing PC. I may be scaling back to lap boards at some point because of the weight issue. Doesn't matter how much "Oil of Old Lady" I use to fight the wrinkles on my face, my back keeps reminding me that I am not getting any younger!:eek: (say it isn't so, Auntie Em)

<giggle> Ann, you're so funny!

I did have 2 copies of the catalog in 1/2" binders for my vendor shows this month. People could flip through to place an order, but it was pretty obvious that they couldn't walk away with it. That really cut down on "lost" catalogs. (I know they're not super expensive, but I hate giving them to people at fairs who will NEVER call with an order or a referral.)

At fairs this fall, I put two catalogs out on my table with a HUGE label on front that said DISPLAY COPY ONLY.

What is a mini-catalog?

A mini-catalog is a smaller version of our regular catalog, featuring a curated selection of our top-selling products. It is a great way to introduce new customers to our products or to showcase seasonal items.

How do I get a mini-catalog?

Mini-catalogs can be ordered through your consultant or on our website. They are available in packs of 10 or 25 and can be personalized with your contact information.

What is the benefit of using mini-catalogs?

Mini-catalogs are a cost-effective and convenient way to share our products with potential customers. They are easy to carry and distribute, making them perfect for events, parties, or even just to keep in your purse or car for impromptu sales opportunities.

Can I customize the products featured in my mini-catalog?

Yes, you can choose which products you want to include in your mini-catalog from a list of our top sellers. You can also add your own personal recommendations or notes to make it more tailored to your customers.

How often are mini-catalogs updated?

Mini-catalogs are updated twice a year to reflect our current product offerings and seasonal items. You can always check our website or consult with your consultant for the most up-to-date version.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • ilovpc
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • lt1jane