• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boost Your Sales: How a Catalog Without Contact Info Led to My Quick May Show"

In summary, someone at a hospital left a catalog with no contact information. My customer called me and I transferred her to the woman who had asked for the catalog. The woman has already placed over $150 in orders and is meeting me on Wednesday to close the show.
raebates
Staff member
I just got a quick May show and did nothing but answer my phone. Want to know how? Easy. Someone else left a catalog at a hospital without any contact information on it.

I got a call from a customer of mine. Here's the story as I understand it. Someone else who works in a different part of the hospital (which isn't anywhere near where I live) found a PC catalog in the hospital waiting room. They took it to the lounge. A few people wrote down orders and stuck them in the catalog. The catalog had sat around for a few weeks, when one of the people said, "Are we actually going to be able to get this stuff?"

One of the interested women asked a group of workers in another break room if they knew anyone who sold PC. My customer said, "I do."

She called me, then transferred me to the woman who had asked. I just emailed her an OOF so she can figure up what everyone owes. I'm meeting her on Wednesday to close the show. She's got over $150 in orders already with at least 2 other people who she knows want to order.

Lesson #1--Always put your contact information on EVERYTHING. Seriously. I mean, I'm glad to have the show. This pretty much guarantees that I'll earn that free June product. Still, the consultant who paid for the catalog really lost out.

Lesson #2--Make sure your customers all know how to reach you easily.

The funny thing is that my customer doesn't need anything right now, so she's not even ordering.

Thank you, consultant who didn't label your catalog, wherever you are. :balloon:

I've even taught my husband to make sure my contact information is on everything. After he took a catalog out of brand new package and handed it out...

Way to go Rae!!!

God has certainly blessed you, Rae. That new product is pretty exciting, isn't it? Glad you'll be able to earn it easily.

That's an awesome story!! Thanks for sharing. Congratulations!

LOL, now THAT'S Good News! Congrats to you on having such easy sales drop in your lap. ;)

Great news! Congratulations Rae!

And, might I add....if you tell someone that you are going to call them - then CALL THEM!!! at my yard sale today I was talking to a lady and told her that I thought she looked familiar to me and had we met before. After establishing that we had no common contacts I said, well maybe I met you at a Pampered Chef partyl I'm a consultant. She was so excited and said I want to have a party! she had attended a party a while back and told the consultant she wanted to have a show, the consultant never followed up with her....good for me!

Oh, Linda, I can't tell you how many shows I've gotten from people who gave up on another consultant. You're right. Call.One of my best repeat hosts was a guest at a party I did. She told me that she had a party scheduled for the next week but still hadn't gotten any catalogs or invitations. She had originally scheduled her show for a week or two before, but hadn't gotten anything. The day before the show the consultant called to see if they were still on. She said no because she hadn't gotten anything yet. They rescheduled, but the consultant still hadn't sent her any tools. Then she said she wished she'd just waited and booked with me. Then she said that if she didn't hear from the other consultant in time to hold the show she'd call me. Finally, she said, "Forget that other woman. If she calls I'll tell her I decided not to wait any longer." We scheduled her show, and I handed her a Host Kit. I assured her if she changed her mind there would be no hard feelings, but she was adamant. That was almost 5 years ago. She's hosted at least one show a year--sometimes 2.

This is why when my supplies come at the beginning of the season or anytime I order a pack of catalogs, order forms, whatever--I IMMEDIATELY put my information on everything! I just sit and do it while watching tv at night. It's really not a bother! Sometimes my 6 yo even helps me.

This gives me an incentive to start leaving old catalogs in waiting rooms... I have thought about it, but wasn't sure it would be appropriate (or worth it!)Thanks for sharing this story!!!

1. How did having a catalog without contact information lead to increased sales?

Having a catalog without contact information allowed customers to focus solely on the products being offered without any distractions. This created a sense of urgency and exclusivity, prompting them to make a purchase quickly.

2. Did you see a significant difference in sales compared to previous catalogs with contact information?

Yes, there was a noticeable increase in sales. Not only did customers make purchases quicker, but they also bought more items and had a higher average order value.

3. Were there any concerns or challenges with not including contact information in the catalog?

One concern was that customers may not be able to contact us with questions or to place an order. However, we made sure to include our contact information on our website and social media pages, making it easy for customers to reach us.

4. How did you track the success of this sales strategy?

We tracked the success by comparing the sales from the May catalog to previous catalogs. We also monitored the engagement on our social media pages and website to see if there was an increase in traffic and inquiries.

5. Would you recommend this strategy to other Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, I would highly recommend this strategy to other consultants. It not only increased sales but also created a buzz and excitement around the products. It's a great way to stand out from other direct sales companies and attract new customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SonyaVerrillo
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
jesikaransom
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • kdangel518