• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Carrot Cake Cups--Ead Question

In summary, the East Accent Decorator can be used to make mini carrot cake cups. The recipe provided was successful and the cups looked nice.
babywings76
Gold Member
Now that I finally own the East Accent Decorator, I'm trying to find ways to use it. Is the Mini Carrot Cake cups an example of a recipe that would be suitable to use it--for the cream topping part?Also, has anyone made these cups before? Can I make them completely today and keep them in the fridge and have them be okay for lunch time tomorrow? Or should I just bake the cake part today and wait to make the filling tomorrow?

When I've made the mini-carrot cakes (or mini-pumpkin cakes, which I think tasted better!), I did refrigerate them (icing and all) and they were just fine the next day....in fact, I thought they tasted better..but that's just my humble opinion.:D

Yes, you can use the easy accent decorator to fill them & yes you can bake them before & refrigerate. Check the cake box size you are using. If you use the whole box, it's usually twice the amount of cake mix you need .... eithrer cut it in half or be prepared to have a DRY mix. It does work, I've done it both ways! One of my fav recipes! The filling is soooo yummy!!!

You know Dottie, I used the 9oz pkg of cake mix and still found them to be dry. I used the Jiffy mix because it is the only one I know for sure that is 9oz. I was planning on making them again with a Betty Crocker mix and just double everything else. I LOVED the icing though. YUM!

FYI- you can also use canned cream cheese frosting in the EAD. Works great then sprinkle with caramel sprinkles.

How do you do it w/ pumpkin???

loreo said:
FYI- you can also use canned cream cheese frosting in the EAD. Works great then sprinkle with caramel sprinkles.

That sounds easier, I've got to try it!

You can also use the EAD when making deviled eggs. It makes filling the eggs a snap, and they look so fancy!

PamperedchefDaly said:
You can also use the EAD when making deviled eggs. It makes filling the eggs a snap, and they look so fancy!

Years ago, (before becoming a consultant) I bought the EAD soley for the purpose of making deviled eggs! No wasted filling and they look beautiful. For me, it was worth owning for that purpose only! (Of course, now, I use it for other things!).

Thanks everyone. My first experience with the EAD didn't go so great, so I wanted a recipe that I knew people had success with. I'm glad the EAD worked well for this. It turned out really nice. I hate using plastic baggies because I've had the seams bust on me before. The recipe for the Mini Carrot Cake cups was perfect. It was just the right amount to fill the EAD one time, and that was even more than enough to fill all the cups. They looked really nice. I think the first time I tried the EAD, I had it filled with too thick of an icing and so it just didn't work well. Now I know better what type of consistency works.Now I want to try other things with the EAD. Unfortunately, I hate deviled eggs, so I'll have to do other recipes.

1. Can I use any type of carrot for these mini carrot cake cups?

Yes, you can use any type of carrot for this recipe. However, we recommend using fresh, grated carrots for the best flavor and texture.

2. Do I need any special equipment to make these mini carrot cake cups?

No, you do not need any special equipment. A muffin tin and mixing bowls will suffice.

3. Can I make these mini carrot cake cups ahead of time?

Yes, you can make these ahead of time. They can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. You can also freeze them for up to 1 month.

4. Can I substitute the flour for a gluten-free option?

Yes, you can substitute the flour for a gluten-free option such as almond flour or a gluten-free baking mix. Just make sure to adjust the measurements accordingly.

5. How many mini carrot cake cups does this recipe make?

This recipe makes 12 mini carrot cake cups. However, you can easily double the recipe if you need to make more.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Grandmarita
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • phun2cook
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cookingwithdot