• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mini Baking with the Stone - Specialized and Amazing Results!

In summary, the stone is not as popular as the bar pan, but is great for mini cakes, mini breads, mini meat loaves, and much more.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
I love that stone and it is one that my repeat customers buy. It isn't as popular as, say, the bar pan because it is specialized. But it is great for mini cakes, mini breads, mini meat loaves and much more!

I've never sold one and I don't own it either. I do have a metal pan one that someone gave me that I've also never used...........so I guess I'm not too upset about it going away.

I've never ever sold one - but I am surprised that something they would promote with a recipe over the holidays (the mini-poinsetta cakes) is being discontinued. Maybe they just were not a big seller.

I earned it with the stoneware incentive in Sept, but didn't pull it out until I knew it was discontinued. I don't think I have sold any either, but I obviously don't promote it very well!

Let me think.....I think I have sold a whole 1, and that was to one of my friends, I had thought about getting one, but I have too many other little pans and my mother keeps buying all sorts of decorative-type pans when she finds them, I have easter eggs (half ones like cupcake size), pumpkin faces (I use these when I make my girly-cake for the guy's bdays, they make great boobs, lmao), hearts, and millions of other ones, even though right now I hardly use any of them since I don't ever have the time!

I love this stone; however, I do think the cakes are a little too big. I like the size of the silicone pan better.

I like it for making bread bowls on the outside of it. Although I have only done that one time.

It's a stone that, in theory, I thought was really cool and was so excited when I earned mine! But, in reality, mine has never been out of the box! i've just never taken the time to do anything with it!
I haven't checked my stats, but I'm pretty sure if I've sold any, it's only been 1 or 2.

I was up in arms and thought--oh no, I must have one! Then I mulled it over and thought--who am I kidding?!?!? I haven't even taken my mini loaf pan that I got in December out of the box !

So no mini fluted for me and I'm not going to care that it's gone.

I did, however, finally take my mini loaf pan out of the box and made mini meatloafs tonight. :)

I love mine but don't use it every month. I was hoping it would catch on. Oh well.

Oh I really like mine and have used it a lot, however I wish it was easier to clean. I always go on about how easy the stoneware is to clean, but this one is a pain in the butt! Anyone else had trouble w/ cleaning it? I liked making the pumpkin cakes in it and enjoy making different meatloafs since I do not like onions and DH does.

I have never used mine or sold one for that matter :confused:

mbh06 said:
Oh I really like mine and have used it a lot, however I wish it was easier to clean. I always go on about how easy the stoneware is to clean, but this one is a pain in the butt! Anyone else had trouble w/ cleaning it? I liked making the pumpkin cakes in it and enjoy making different meatloafs since I do not like onions and DH does.
It is pretty easy to clean with the kitchen brush, but IMPOSSIBLE with the stoneware scraper...

gilliandanielle said:
It is pretty easy to clean with the kitchen brush, but IMPOSSIBLE with the stoneware scraper...

I'm with you Gillian. The same with the fluted pan! I will tell you that I use the kitchen brush with all of my stoneware. It has the scraper and the brush together and makes it very easy to clean. I always ask my customers if they don't have the brush to consider it, especially for the fluted pans!

If you use the stoneware paste, everything will pop right out!

cmdtrgd said:
If you use the stoneware paste, everything will pop right out!

Stoneware paste?? Is this a pre-coating??

Cindycooks said:
I've never ever sold one - but I am surprised that something they would promote with a recipe over the holidays (the mini-poinsetta cakes) is being discontinued. Maybe they just were not a big seller.
DING DING DING DING!

BINGO!

Stupid beaver dam minimum character rule!

Sort of.

Mix one part shortening (not butter) and one part veg. oil until they are blended. Add one part flour (1 tbsp of all, 1 cup of all, etc.) and spread it on the stone with the silicone brush. Put whatever you are cooking in the pan and try not to scrape the sides. The very first time I used my large fluted pan I used this and made a cake - it popped right out! I use it pretty much anytime I use the stoneware bakers! I even used it in the Deep Covered Baker with chicken! It is like gold! Some people keep it in the fridge. I keep mine on the counter for spreadability and because we keep our home pretty cold - we like to snuggle under fleece blankets year round! Let me know if you try it!

You're killin' my eyes here KG! LOL.

pamperedharriet said:
I'm with you Gillian. The same with the fluted pan! I will tell you that I use the kitchen brush with all of my stoneware. It has the scraper and the brush together and makes it very easy to clean. I always ask my customers if they don't have the brush to consider it, especially for the fluted pans!

Scott posted a GREAT way to season it.

1/2 cup Crisco
1/4 cup Salt

30 minutes in a 200 oven. When cooled rinse well & clean with the brush. I did this to my Fluted Stone & its Wonderful!:D

I use the stoneware paste Kate mentioned and it's AWESOME!!!

cmdtrgd said:
Sort of.

Mix one part shortening (not butter) and one part veg. oil until they are blended. Add one part flour (1 tbsp of all, 1 cup of all, etc.) and spread it on the stone with the silicone brush. Put whatever you are cooking in the pan and try not to scrape the sides. The very first time I used my large fluted pan I used this and made a cake - it popped right out! I use it pretty much anytime I use the stoneware bakers! I even used it in the Deep Covered Baker with chicken! It is like gold! Some people keep it in the fridge. I keep mine on the counter for spreadability and because we keep our home pretty cold - we like to snuggle under fleece blankets year round! Let me know if you try it!

Thanks Kate,

I use the same thing when I bake my wedding cakes in my metal pans ~ I had just never thought of using it with my stoneware because I (luckily) have not had a sticking problem...

gilliandanielle said:

So true!

With the Artichoke brush coming out, you can suggest that customers have one brush for stones, and a second in a different color for other "soapy" dishes.

I don't think I've sold many either; and the only times I've used mine was for my kiddos' b-days. I made mini cakes so that the kids could decorate their own. Fun:)

lacychef said:
I don't think I've sold many either; and the only times I've used mine was for my kiddos' b-days. I made mini cakes so that the kids could decorate their own. Fun:)
yup i never have sold one , but i use mine for kids partys. I personally own every piece of stonewear :) i even have doulbls of a few ! I love stones , it is all i own !

I'm bummed, because I just learned to absolutely LOVE mine. I hated it before I learned about Pan-Eeze (the shortening, oil and flour paste). Over the fall, I made so many different things with it, and sold quite a few.

Just have to get passionate about something else, I guess!

I have never sold one. And am trying to decide if I should get one for my own collection before they are gone. I really do not think I would use it that much though, but if I had of had it for halloween this year I would have made little pumpkins cake. I am hosting a show in Feb and trying to decide of the stones I do not have which two I want to buy.

It is something I would use more around the holidays that everyday - I made the Pumpkins Spice cakes at several shows and they were a hit. I used Baker's Joy or a Spray with flour and they popped out great.

I sold at least one at any show I demoed it

I'm thinking that they may bring it back as a silicone pan...it would be a perfect addition to the floral pan. I think it was just too cumbersome to clean, even using the paste to grease and using the brush to clean. With silicone, it should work much better.

rebeccastt said:
I'm thinking that they may bring it back as a silicone pan...it would be a perfect addition to the floral pan. I think it was just too cumbersome to clean, even using the paste to grease and using the brush to clean. With silicone, it should work much better.
oooooohhhhhhh I bet you are so right! I can see this one in silicone and I'm sure it would sell much better!

I've sold a few. :) I make mini-meatloaves in it every so often and talk about it at shows. That gets folks thinking about it. But, yes, it is a HUGE PITA to clean. I'll have to try that paste stuff. :)

1. What is the Mini Baking Stone and what makes it different from other baking pans?

The Mini Baking Stone is a specialized baking pan that is designed for making mini versions of cakes, breads, and other dishes. It is different from other baking pans because it is made from a unique material that distributes heat evenly, resulting in perfectly baked mini treats every time.

2. What types of dishes can I make with the Mini Baking Stone?

The Mini Baking Stone is versatile and can be used to make a variety of dishes such as mini cakes, breads, meatloaves, and even mini pizzas. Its small size makes it perfect for individual servings or for making smaller versions of your favorite recipes.

3. How do I care for and clean the Mini Baking Stone?

The Mini Baking Stone is made from a durable material that is easy to clean. Simply wash it with warm water and mild soap after each use. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbing brushes as they can damage the surface of the stone. It is also recommended to season the stone with oil before first use and periodically thereafter to maintain its non-stick surface.

4. Is the Mini Baking Stone suitable for all types of ovens?

Yes, the Mini Baking Stone is designed to be used in all types of ovens, including conventional, convection, and toaster ovens. Just make sure to follow the instructions for preheating and baking times for best results.

5. Can I use the Mini Baking Stone for frozen or pre-made dishes?

Yes, the Mini Baking Stone is great for heating up frozen or pre-made dishes. Its unique material provides even heat distribution, resulting in perfectly cooked and heated dishes. Just make sure to follow the instructions for preheating and baking times as they may differ from regular baking dishes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HeatherP19
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
pmpdRRT
  • Michelle817
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies