• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mileage Reimbursement Rate Misunderstanding in P3

In summary, the P3 Mileage Reimbursement Rate is the standard rate set by the IRS for reimbursing employees for using their personal vehicle for work purposes. The current rate for 2021 is $0.56 per mile. There is often confusion between the P3 rate and the standard mileage rate, with the P3 rate typically being higher. Eligible employees for P3 reimbursement include those who use their personal vehicle for business-related travel. To ensure proper reimbursement, it is important to keep accurate records and consult with your employer or HR department.
adauw
I read that mileage is supposed to be $0.55 for 2009 but when I enter in my mileage in P3 it says $0.49 and I can't change it. What are you supposed to do?

P3 gives you the mileage rate so that you have an idea of how much you will be deducting on your taxes. The IRS doesn't care much about what P3 would calculate, because you'd enter your miles on your taxes, not the dollar amounts. I use TurboTax, and it knows the proper rates to put on my taxes, so I don't really worry about what P3 says the rate is.

The mileage rate for 2009 was actually $0.55 per mile for business use, $0.24 per mile for medical or moving purposes, and $0.14 per mile for charitable purposes. It is possible that the default rate in P3 is set at $0.49 per mile, but you should be able to manually change it to the correct rate for your specific use. If you are unable to change it, you may need to contact the software provider for assistance.

What is the P3 Mileage Reimbursement Rate?

The P3 Mileage Reimbursement Rate is the standard reimbursement rate for business-related travel expenses set by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) in the United States. It is used to calculate the amount of money that an employee can be reimbursed for using their personal vehicle for work purposes.

What is the current P3 Mileage Reimbursement Rate?

The current P3 Mileage Reimbursement Rate for 2021 is $0.56 per mile. This means that for every mile an employee drives for work, they can be reimbursed $0.56.

Why is there a misunderstanding surrounding the P3 Mileage Reimbursement Rate?

The misunderstanding surrounding the P3 Mileage Reimbursement Rate is due to confusion between the P3 rate and the standard mileage rate set by the IRS. The P3 rate is typically higher than the standard rate and is intended for employees who are required to use their personal vehicle for work purposes.

Who is eligible for P3 Mileage Reimbursement?

Employees who are required to use their personal vehicle for business-related travel are typically eligible for P3 Mileage Reimbursement. This includes employees who travel between different work locations, make deliveries, or perform other job duties that require the use of a personal vehicle.

How can I ensure that I am receiving the correct P3 Mileage Reimbursement Rate?

To ensure that you are receiving the correct P3 Mileage Reimbursement Rate, it is important to keep accurate records of your business-related travel expenses and mileage. You should also consult with your employer or HR department to confirm the current P3 rate and any specific guidelines for reimbursement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • baychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
melaniepc
  • ChefJoyJ