• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did You Know About the Changing IRS Mileage Rate?

In summary, tax mileage refers to the number of miles driven for business or work-related purposes that can be deducted on your taxes. To calculate your tax mileage, you can keep track of your business miles using a mileage log and multiply that by the standard IRS mileage rate. Only certain types of transportation are eligible for tax mileage deductions, such as using your personal vehicle for business purposes. Parking fees and tolls can also be deducted as part of your tax mileage if they were incurred for business or work-related purposes. It is important to keep accurate records of your business mileage and related expenses in case of an audit by the IRS.
pampered1224
Silver Member
Tax Mileage - Did you know?On January 1, 2009 the mileage rate was changed to $0.55 from that odd $0.585.
On January 1, 2010 it was changed to $0.50 so do not forget to change it before you start doing those expenses for 2010.

Last edited:
How do you change that information in Pampered Partner? Thank you for the information...

When you are in P3 go to the Enter A new income/expense transaction. It is the 6th icon from the left just below the FILE TOOLS and such line and looks like money. When you open that there is a line on the enter screen that reads Edit Categories. When you click on that you will see a list of items. Find Mileage and change the amount and I don't keep track of the odometer readings so I use Rate Based setting. I actually use Map Quest or Yahoo Maps to tell me the mileage from my home to the host. Then I just double it when I enter the mileage. That simple. And I made it easier for myself. When I do have the miles, I go to my contacts list, find the host name, open their info and under notes, I wrote in "89 miles round trip". That way the info is always there and I do not have to look it up ever again unless they move. HTH!

Related to Did You Know About the Changing IRS Mileage Rate?

What is tax mileage?

Tax mileage refers to the number of miles driven for business or work-related purposes that can be deducted on your taxes. This deduction can help reduce your taxable income and ultimately lower your tax bill.

How do I calculate my tax mileage?

You can calculate your tax mileage by keeping track of the number of miles you drive for business or work-related purposes using a mileage log. Multiply the total number of business miles by the standard IRS mileage rate for the tax year to determine your tax mileage deduction.

What types of transportation are eligible for tax mileage deductions?

Only certain types of transportation are eligible for tax mileage deductions, such as using your personal vehicle for business purposes, driving a rental car for business trips, or using public transportation for work-related travel. Commuting from home to work is not eligible for tax mileage deductions.

Can I deduct parking fees and tolls as part of my tax mileage?

Yes, you can deduct parking fees and tolls as part of your tax mileage if they were incurred while driving for business or work-related purposes. These expenses should be documented and included in your mileage log.

Do I need to provide proof of my tax mileage deductions?

Yes, it is important to keep accurate records of your business mileage and any related expenses in case of an audit by the IRS. This includes a detailed mileage log, receipts for parking fees and tolls, and any other documents that support your tax mileage deductions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• adauw
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
baychef
  • baychef