• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mileage Rate for 2006 in pp: What & How?

In summary, PP automatically figured out the mileage rate for 2006, but you need to go back and change each entry individually if you want it to reflect the new mileage rate.
pcjulie
First of all, what mileage rate should we use for the year 2006? Secondly, how do we go back and change that information (besides changing each show indiviually) in PP?
Thanks!

Sorry, I am no help, but I was wondering the same thing!

I did not have to put anything in. PP automatically figured it for me when I put in the amount of miles. I assume when we install PP upgrades it would change that correctly, BUT now I am wondering too!

To change it in PP, go under Update, Income/Expense Codes. A box will pop up, double click on Mileage and you can change the default. The problem is that it won't correct anything already in your income/expense list, so you have to go back into each individual line entry and change it. I know this because mine was wrong for the whole year and I didn't know it until January! I had to go to each mileage line for 2006 and change it there.

The rate for 2006 is 44.5 cents and for 2007 it's 48.5 cents.

Kanne said:
To change it in PP, go under Update, Income/Expense Codes. A box will pop up, double click on Mileage and you can change the default. The problem is that it won't correct anything already in your income/expense list, so you have to go back into each individual line entry and change it. I know this because mine was wrong for the whole year and I didn't know it until January! I had to go to each mileage line for 2006 and change it there.

The rate for 2006 is 44.5 cents and for 2007 it's 48.5 cents.

Mine now has .315, so, I need to go back and change it to 44.5 for 2006? Will it automatically change all of my totals or do I need to go in and change them all individually? and then make the defalt .485 for 2007?

jrstephens said:
Mine now has .315, so, I need to go back and change it to 44.5 for 2006? Will it automatically change all of my totals or do I need to go in and change them all individually? and then make the defalt .485 for 2007?

I just went back and read in the Help section that it apply to all future entries and that prior entries would not change.

I am glad you posted these b/c this will make a big difference in my mielage deduction. Thanks!!

I am so glad I saw this thread!!!

If you use a computer program to do your taxes, it should ask for a number of miles and automatically compute the proper amount.

chefann said:
If you use a computer program to do your taxes, it should ask for a number of miles and automatically compute the proper amount.

I do not know why I did not think of that! thanks! I cannot wait to get my 1099 to start doing my taxes.

1. What is the mileage rate for 2006 in pp?

The mileage rate for 2006 in pp is 48.5 cents per mile.

2. How is the mileage rate for 2006 in pp determined?

The mileage rate for 2006 in pp is determined by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) based on an annual study of the fixed and variable costs of operating a vehicle.

3. Is the mileage rate for 2006 in pp the same for all types of vehicles?

No, the mileage rate for 2006 in pp varies depending on the type of vehicle used for business purposes. For example, the rate for cars, vans, and trucks is 48.5 cents per mile, while the rate for motorcycles is 26 cents per mile.

4. Can I use the mileage rate for 2006 in pp for personal trips as well?

No, the mileage rate for 2006 in pp is only applicable for business purposes. If you use your vehicle for personal trips, you cannot claim the mileage rate for those miles.

5. How do I calculate my mileage deduction using the 2006 pp rate?

To calculate your mileage deduction, simply multiply the number of business miles driven during the year by the applicable mileage rate for your vehicle type. For example, if you drove 1,000 miles for business purposes in a car, your mileage deduction would be $485 (1,000 miles x 48.5 cents per mile).

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sailortena
  • byrd1956
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
TJMagoo
  • AmyjonesPC