• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microwave Recipes for Round Stones?

In summary, a new host was asking what could be made in the microwave on a round stone. Suggestions were given for cheese crisp's and pizza.
MLinAZ
Gold Member
A host just got her round stone and of course the use and care card says it can be used in the microwave. So she asked me what the heck you'd make in the microwave on a round stone.

I'm new - she's my first host - so of course I'm stumped. I just spent 30 minutes trying to search out recipes but all I can find are recipes for the DCB, DDB, etc.

Any suggestions?

Microwave pizza? :confused:

Cheese crisp's - YUM!!

I can't even imagine a microwave large enough to hold a round stone. I have a feeling that sentence is on the U&C only because it's included for all stoneware. That said, I do use the small and medium bar pans (which are flat, like the round stone) in the microwave to reheat things - especially pizza.

They don't sell them anymore, but I have my old medium round stone (without handles) in my microwave. It's the perfect size, it slides into the glass round turntable like it was made for it. In fact, I store it there, and cook everything with the stone still in the micro, whether it needs it or not. It's just a great place to keep it without taking up cabinet space. I don't know if the medium stone with handles would fit, I don't have one of those yet.

I have the small round stone (discont.) and it does a great job!

Hey EpTxGuy - I'm going in the house to introduce my med. round stone W/O handles to it's new home. Thanks!!

I love my small round stone. I use it in the microwave and my toaster oven.

She actually read the Use and Care??? LOL!I think, like Ann said, that wording is on all the U&C for stones, even the ones that don't typically fit in the microwave.

My micro holds the round stone. My micro has a browning feature, so I do my toast on the stone in the micro. Also use the round stone in there to do things like pizza rolls and hot pockets...they get crisper on the stone.

1. Can I use my round stone in the microwave?

Yes, our round stones are safe to use in the microwave. They are made from a durable stoneware material that can withstand high heat and will not crack or break in the microwave.

2. What types of recipes can I make with my round stone in the microwave?

You can make a variety of recipes with your round stone in the microwave, such as casseroles, pizzas, breads, and desserts. Our round stones are versatile and can be used for both cooking and baking in the microwave.

3. Do I need to preheat my round stone before using it in the microwave?

No, you do not need to preheat your round stone before using it in the microwave. Simply place your food directly onto the stone and follow the cooking instructions for your recipe.

4. How do I clean my round stone after using it in the microwave?

Cleaning your round stone is easy. Allow the stone to cool completely before washing it with warm, soapy water. You can also use a nylon scraper or brush to remove any stuck-on food. Do not use harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners on your stone.

5. Can I use my round stone in the microwave and oven at the same time?

Yes, our round stones are safe to use in both the microwave and oven. However, do not place a cold stone directly into a hot oven as it may crack. Allow the stone to cool completely before transferring it from the microwave to the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefZee
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Chef Gilles
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • babywings76