• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microwave Chicken Recipe Needed!

I've also read that you should put a foil shield on the dish to prevent sticking.The chicken did not turn out well according to the directions. I followed them to the letter and my chicken was raw and cold on the inside. I used a thermometer and the temperature reached 165 degrees, but the chicken was rock hard. I would not recommend this recipe.
soulsing
Silver Member
I heard a consultant talking about microwaving a 4 lb. chicken in the New Deep Covered Baker. I remember she said it only took 30 minutes and turned out wonderful! At the time, I didn't have the deep covered baker, so I neglected to write the recipe down. Anyone have this recipe? Would love to use it at my January or February shows and at home :)

Thanks!

30 Minute Chicken

* Wash chicken (4-5 pound) place in baker.
* Sprinkle with favorite PC seasoning or McCormick rotisserie chicken seasoning
* Microwave 30 minutes

* Place baker on new trivet with silicone mitts
* Use digital thermometer to make sure done.
* Place chicken on large grooved board (will FILL with juices) or carving board using meat lifters
* Cut up using utility knife
* Put pieces back into baker with chef's tongs and let people serve themselves with them.

I showed only new products and a filled tool around tote!
Susan R Gentile (#451182)
Independent Future Director
Pampered Chef
[email protected]

I did this as a last minute thing (mom did not put it in the oven 2 hours before hand) so we only had 45min until dinner, so I remembered we could make it in the micro and wahhlah~ perfect tender chicken as if it was oven roasted!!!! She even requested a baker for her birthday after seeing and tasting it!

I got one in my SS plus bonus, but haven't opened it yet...I want to use it, but am sort of waiting until the new products are announced, all of my stoneware is french vanilla, I am hoping it will come out in that, and then I could possibly switch with somebody if they wanted to cranberry!

Thanks a bunch!I appreciate your post!!! I'll try it out on my husband and see what he thinks. Did you get much response from this recipe? I know the baker is pricey but I thought it might help me get some bookings for the next month for people looking to get it 1/2 price or free?

One more questionDo you use the lid with this recipe or not?

Thanks!

Yes, use the lid when making the chicken in the microwave.

????Okay this has nothing to do with this thread...just wondering why Susan's tag line was on ChefJeanine's response...or was it the other way around??? Just something strange I noticed in the thread.....

ChefBeckyD said:
Okay this has nothing to do with this thread...just wondering why Susan's tag line was on ChefJeanine's response...or was it the other way around??? Just something strange I noticed in the thread.....

I'm thinking that chefjeanine copied Susans original post for the recipe and didn't delete her tagline before re-posting...

Because I lifted Susan's posting from an old thread on this subject. I didn't want to take credit so I left her info on there. :)

Jeanine

Totally missed that!Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't catch the difference in the signature and the posting name. I appreciate your help Jeanine!

I tried this tonight. When I took it out, the meat thermometer went as high as it could go. The top of the chicken was hard as a rock and uncuttable. The underside was raw and cold. I followed the directions exactly. Why didn't it work? And yes, I used the lid.

schucity said:
I tried this tonight. When I took it out, the meat thermometer went as high as it could go. The top of the chicken was hard as a rock and uncuttable. The underside was raw and cold. I followed the directions exactly. Why didn't it work? And yes, I used the lid.

Were you using the Deep Covered Baker?

The pampered chef 30 min. chicken says not to use the lid. Cook it for about 25 min., then test with the thermometer. Take it out when it registers 165 and then put the lid on for 10 min. to rest. It turns out wonderful. You can find the recipe on search on cc.

I've done the chicken with and without the lid, and there was no difference, except that the oven stayed cleaner with the lid on. It sounds like it could be a microwave oven issue.

When I do it with the lid on, the skin doesn't get as crisp.

1. Can I cook raw chicken in the microwave?

Yes, it is safe to cook raw chicken in the microwave as long as it is cooked to an internal temperature of at least 165°F.

2. What is the best way to season microwave chicken?

The best way to season microwave chicken is to marinate it in your choice of seasonings for at least 30 minutes before cooking. This will help infuse the flavors into the chicken.

3. How long should I cook chicken in the microwave?

The cooking time for chicken in the microwave will vary depending on the size and cut of the chicken. As a general rule, it is recommended to cook chicken on high power for 3-4 minutes per pound.

4. Can I cook frozen chicken in the microwave?

Yes, you can cook frozen chicken in the microwave. However, it is important to fully defrost the chicken before cooking to ensure even cooking and to avoid any potential food safety concerns.

5. What is the best way to prevent dry chicken when cooking in the microwave?

To prevent dry chicken when cooking in the microwave, it is important to cover the chicken with a lid or microwave-safe plastic wrap to trap in moisture. You can also add a small amount of liquid, such as chicken broth or water, to the dish before cooking to help keep the chicken moist.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
baychef
  • DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies