• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microwave Cake Won't Come Out in 1 Piece

In summary, the microwave cakes can be a little tricky to make, but following the directions and using a paste can help.
jentapp
I'm following the directions for the microwave cakes in the fluted stone (the big one) and the darn things just refuse to come out in 1 piece. I've let them sit, I've flipped them right away, I've lightly sprayed, I've darn near deep fried with so much spray, I've tried longer and shorter cooking times, and I've tried loosening the sides with a butter knife. How do you get these darn cakes out in 1 lovely bundt looking piece????

Is making it in the oven any easier?

Hey Jen -

It's Val here. I've made a few of the microwave cakes and they can be a little tricky. You need to let cook them about 15 minutes and then even if they don't look like they are completely done, take it out and let it sit for another 10 minutes or so. This is where it finishes cooking. And sometimes it begins to separate from the sides as it finishes. Then I use the small spreader to loosen it all the way around before flipping. The cakes are moist and that can make them hard to stay together, but they've worked for me...

Does your microwave have a turntable? Mine doesn't and I turn the stone a 1/4 turn about every three minutes - I don't know if that makes a difference...

Good luck!

Val

turntablesHey Val... :D

Not only do I have a turntable, my microwave is superpowered at 1250 watts and has inversion cooking (whatever that is...LOL). Cakes look done after 9 1/2 minutes (10 if I bring it down to 90%...totally dry on top). Maybe it's just too strong?

Jennifer

Jennifer,Try a paste of 1 part veg oil and 1 part shortening - not butter - mixed until completely together, then add 1 part flour and mix. I keep this paste for exactly this reason. What you do is take the silicone brush and paint it on the stone before pouring the batter in. Make sure you don't mix the batter with the paste by scraping along the edge of the stone. The FIRST time I used my fluted stone, the cake came out PERFECT! HTH

I do the 1-2-3 cake in the micro at most of my shows, and it come out easily. I spray the pan well, bake for 12 minutes (with turntable) then I just take a qk paring knive and run it around the center well. I turn it out right away. I have had very very few problems doing it this way. Usually only if the hosts micro is too small.

(1-2-3= 1 cake mix, 2 cups sour cream, 3 eggs)

I spray the fluted pan EVERYTIME I use it (it is well seasoned but with all those nooks and crannies...) and make sure all surfaces are oiled - use the silicone pastry brush.

I bake the cake for 13-15 minutes depending on the microwave. The cake separates from the edges of the pan and if you press into the cake it bounces back when it is done (or use a cake tester). I let it sit on the cooling rack for about 5 to 10 minutes, loosen any edges (especially around the tube) and then invert it. Occasionally a small piece or two does stick but once the garnishing is done no one notices. I actually point out that "oops, a little piece stuck this time" and then show them how they can fix it if it happens to them.

I make these all the time and they are always moist and pretty (once garnished). You can fix almost anything with some chocolate, glaze, powdered sugar or fruit/nuts.

Related to Microwave Cake Won't Come Out in 1 Piece

1. Why won't my microwave cake come out in one piece?

There are a few possible reasons why your microwave cake is not coming out in one piece. First, make sure you are using a microwave-safe baking dish and that it is the correct size for the recipe. Additionally, the power level and cooking time may need to be adjusted for your specific microwave. Finally, be sure to let the cake cool for a few minutes before attempting to remove it from the dish.

2. What can I do to prevent my microwave cake from sticking to the dish?

To prevent your microwave cake from sticking to the dish, make sure to grease the dish with butter or oil before adding the batter. You can also sprinkle a light layer of flour or cocoa powder over the greased dish for added insurance against sticking.

3. Can I use a regular cake mix for a microwave cake?

Yes, you can use a regular cake mix for a microwave cake. Just be sure to follow the instructions on the cake mix box for microwave preparation, as it may differ from traditional oven baking.

4. How do I know when my microwave cake is done?

The best way to determine if your microwave cake is done is to insert a toothpick or knife into the center. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. You can also gently press on the top of the cake - if it springs back, it is likely done.

5. Can I make a gluten-free or vegan microwave cake?

Yes, there are many recipes available for gluten-free and vegan microwave cakes. Just be sure to use ingredients that are specifically labeled as gluten-free or vegan, and follow the recipe instructions carefully for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ajnewchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ajnewchef
  • SPAMSTIME
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SPAMSTIME
  • finley1991