• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microsoft Office 2007: Should I Get the Student/Home Version?

In summary, the conversation involved discussing the new Microsoft Office 2007 and whether it was worth investing in. The person asking the question was unsure if they should get the Student/Home version or if there were alternatives for under $200. Other participants in the conversation suggested getting the student/teacher version for a cheaper price or using the free program Open Office. There were also discussions about the compatibility of Office 2007 with different operating systems.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
So, because I am a dork :D
When I started the whole Window's Vista Thread,
it was actually supposed to be about the new
Microsoft Office 2007 :p

What is your take on that one?
I need Microsoft Word, but really don't think I will use anything else other than that.
So should I just go w/ the Student/Home version?

Please educate a lost woman brain :D

Oh my....I am laughing out loud! So sorry I can't help you with an answer, but it just hit my funny bone full force that you started a thread that started a HUGE discussion for a question that you weren't really asking - I just keep chuckling:D :D :D That sounds so much lke something I would do!

We are testing Office 2007 at work, and it is a huge memory hog. (With Windows XP anyway) ...and the files you create in 2007 are not backwards compatible unless you save files by "save as" ....for Office 97-2003 ...I don't advise it yet, we are going to do more testing and see. We are also going to install Vista (we need to keep up with the students) to see if Office 2007 runs better through that than XP. I will report back!

So Jennifer,
what do you suggest I invest in then?
I am running a boot leg of microsoft now, and I really want a new one.
But, I also don't want to spend a couple hundred $$$
Can I find an older version somewhere for under $200?

Thanks for your help!

If you have any connection to a teacher or a student, you could probably get the 2003 student and teacher edition. If not, you can get a "used" copy of Office Standard Edition on amazon.com for under $200...And, if you are looking for just Microsoft Word, you should be able to get it for even cheaper!

Melissa,
I have the student/teacher version since my husband is (and I used to be) a teacher. It works great and is MUCH cheaper. If you are patient, it also goes on sale. Keep an eye out!

Do you NEED it to be Microsoft Word, or do you need a word processing program that will open Word files?Because Open Office is FREE.Sometimes Word files will need a little more tweaking, as far as putting the formatting where you want it, but otherwise it's just as good!http://www.openoffice.org/

Related to Microsoft Office 2007: Should I Get the Student/Home Version?

1. Should I purchase the Student/Home version of Microsoft Office 2007?

The decision to purchase the Student/Home version of Microsoft Office 2007 depends on your specific needs and usage. If you are a student or a home user who only needs basic features such as word processing, spreadsheet creation, and presentation design, then the Student/Home version may be sufficient for you. However, if you need more advanced features such as database management or advanced data analysis, you may want to consider purchasing the Standard or Professional version.

2. What features are included in the Student/Home version?

The Student/Home version of Microsoft Office 2007 includes the basic features of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. This version also includes OneNote, a note-taking application, and a handful of additional tools such as document templates and clip art. It does not include advanced features such as Access or Publisher.

3. Is the Student/Home version compatible with other versions of Office?

Yes, the Student/Home version of Microsoft Office 2007 is compatible with other versions of Office. However, there may be some compatibility issues when opening files created in newer versions of Office, such as Office 2010 or 2013.

4. Can I upgrade to a different version of Office in the future?

Yes, you can upgrade to a different version of Office in the future. You may need to purchase a new license for the upgraded version, depending on the terms and conditions of your purchase. It is also important to note that upgrading to a newer version may require you to learn new features and adjust to a different user interface.

5. Are there any limitations to the Student/Home version?

Yes, there are some limitations to the Student/Home version of Microsoft Office 2007. This version does not include some advanced features found in the Standard or Professional versions, such as Access, Publisher, and some collaboration tools. Additionally, the Student/Home version is licensed for non-commercial use only, so it should not be used for business purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• TWine120
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
Admin Greg