• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Microcooker to Melt Chocolate/Butter

In summary, the Microcooker can be used to melt chocolate, butter, and other ingredients by placing them in the cooker and microwaving in 30-second intervals. It can hold up to 1 cup of chocolate or butter, but it is recommended to melt smaller amounts at a time. The Microcooker is safe to use in the microwave, but caution should be taken when handling the hot cooker. It should not be used on the stovetop as it can cause damage and be a safety hazard.
pcchefjane
Gold Member
I have an older Kids in the Kitchen recipe that says to melt butter & chocolate in a saucepan on the stove. I was wondering if I could use the microcooker instead since the pan can't be purchased separately. I send out recipes to my Kids in the Kitchen Workshop attendees monthly and also want to create a "Package Deals" sheet since it is close to Christmas. Thanks!

I would think they'd have different cooking times, but give it a try!

Thanks but I need to know about it from someone who has tried it. I don't have the microcookers or I would try it myself.

Micro-Cookers are great for melting chocolate and/or butter. Stir after each 30 second interval

I agree, they are great for melting butter and chocolate, along with stirring.

Stir after every 20-30 seconds...it will take aprox. 2 minutes depending on the amount of chocolate and the microwave.

Thanks for the help! I wanted to encourage purchases of the microcooker... :)

Related to Microcooker to Melt Chocolate/Butter

1. How do I use the Microcooker to melt chocolate or butter?

To melt chocolate or butter in the Microcooker, simply place the desired amount of chocolate or butter in the cooker and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and continue microwaving in 30-second intervals until completely melted and smooth.

2. Can I use the Microcooker to melt other ingredients besides chocolate and butter?

Yes, the Microcooker can be used to melt other ingredients such as cheese, caramel, or marshmallows. Just make sure to use 30-second intervals and stir in between to prevent burning.

3. How much chocolate or butter can the Microcooker hold?

The Microcooker can hold up to 1 cup of chocolate or butter. It is recommended to melt smaller amounts at a time for more even melting.

4. Is the Microcooker safe to use in the microwave?

Yes, the Microcooker is specifically designed to be used in the microwave and is safe for this purpose. However, always make sure to follow the instructions and use caution when handling the hot cooker.

5. Can the Microcooker be used to melt chocolate or butter on the stovetop?

No, the Microcooker is not designed to be used on the stovetop. It is only intended for use in the microwave. Using it on the stovetop can cause damage to the cooker and may be a safety hazard.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • LeslieSGI
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies