1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Micro cooker, use lid?

1. babywings76

babywings76 Legend Member Gold Member

When a recipe says as a tip to toast sliced almonds, put nuts in the microcooker and to cook them 1-2 minutes...does it mean with or without the lid?

May 25, 2009
  2. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I always assume they want me to use the lid on the Micro-Cooker unless it says otherwise.

May 25, 2009
  3. babywings76

Okay, thanks. I just wasn't sure. :)

May 25, 2009
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I don't guarantee that's the right answer. It's just mine. LOL!

May 25, 2009
  5. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I would skip the lid unless it says to use it. The lid holds in the moisture, which results in steamed nuts, not toasted. Although I will also admit that when I toast nuts or coconut in the microwave, I use stoneware 100% of the time.

May 25, 2009
  6. babywings76

In the past, when I use it to melt chocolate, or peanut butter I would use it w/o the lid. I did do it w/o the lid for the nuts because I hadn't read Rae's response in time. Ann, what you say makes sense. Rae, you're right that if it doesn't say so, it's natural to think you should use the lid since that's how the product is. Too bad they don't specify in directions so that people like me (who can be very literal w/ directions, then second-guess myself) can know what to do. :D

May 25, 2009
  7. Aunticooks

Aunticooks Member Gold Member

Amanda So how did the nuts turn out without using the lid????

May 25, 2009
  8. babywings76

oh, sorry I didn't report promptly. What a crazy day it was today! :D

I did it w/o the lid and they turned out just fine. They didn't brown but they tasted great. I wasn't sure if they would brown or not, so I stuck to the recommended 2 minutes. (It said 1-2 min. I did 1 min and then checked them and stirred them around and did another minute)

May 25, 2009
  9. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

I never use the lid on mine unless it says so. I try to do what I'm told LOL

I'm like Ann though and toast my nuts in a small piece of stoneware.

May 25, 2009
  10. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

:eek: Is there something you're not telling us?

Sorry. That just struck me as funny this morning.

May 26, 2009
  11. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

You are TOO funny Ann! :D :D :D Last night as I was rereading what I posted I thought 'uh oh, doesn't sound right!' and thought should I post a smart remark that it didn't sound right or that it was the perfect opening for KG or just leave it alone...and I chose to leave it alone LOL

Thanks for the giggle ;) :)

May 26, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted