• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Micro Cakes in Coffee and More Cups

In summary, the recipe calls for one box of chocolate cake mix and one box of chocolate pudding mix. You put 1/2 cup of the mix in a coffee mug and add 1 Tbsp of water, 1 Tbsp of oil, and one egg. Microwave on high for 60 seconds and enjoy your chocolate fix!
mhrivera
I remember seeing a recipe for this - something like a box of cake mix, a box of pudding mix and ...??? I need to know the details if any one has them! Thanks!

Make a master mix to keep in your cupboard for chocolate emergencies. In a large sealable baggie combine one box of chocolate cake mix and one box of chocolate pudding mix.

When needed – take 1/2 cup of the mix and put it in our Simple Additions Coffee & More mug. Mix with 1 Tbsp of water, 1 Tbsp of oil and one egg.

Microwave on high for 60 seconds and enjoy your chocolate fix!

ONE MINUTE-10 SECOND CAKE MICROWAVE “CUP� CAKES

(Thanks Adv. Dir. Holly Stephens for sharing with the director loop!!)

This is a fun idea to share with guests. With the end of school right around the corner, this would make a fun and different “end-of-the-year� gift for a teacher (great coffee cup when they are done with the cake.) Just put the ½ cup mix in the cup. Attach a scoop of frosting by putting it is a small Ziploc bag and placing on top of the mix. Wrap the cup with cellophane and tie the recipe to the bow.

Keep the mix on hand for kids to make treats with their friends—great teen-age late night “movie� snack—especially with vanilla ice cream!!!!

Basic Cup Cake Mix:

1 BOX Cake Mix (your choice of flavor)

1 small box of INSTANT JELLO PUDDING (your choice of flavor)

To make the cakes follow the directions below:

1/2 cup of Basic Mix

1 egg

1 Tablespoon Oil

1 Tablespoon Water

1 Medium Scoop prepared frosting

Mix together in the SIMPLE ADDITIONS CUP. Add 1 scoop (a HEAPING teaspoon) of your choice of prepared frosting. DO NOT STIR!! Place in the microwave and cook 1 minute 10 seconds—no more, no less. Invert on plate and you have a MOUTEN LAVA CAKE—YUM!!!

IDEAS:

Strawberry cake mix, cheesecake pudding, and cream cheese frosting

Banana cake mix, vanilla pudding (or banana), cream cheese frosting

Chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding, chocolate frosting

German chocolate cake mix, coconut pudding, coconut pecan frosting

Lemon cake mix, vanilla pudding, cream cheese frosting.

You can ADD NUTS in the mix.

Does anyone know how many "cup" cakes this will make?

chef_leeanne said:
Does anyone know how many "cup" cakes this will make?
Here's the recipe with variations that I have from back in 2004. These directions asy 1/4 cup of mix per SA small bowl and makes 8-9 mini-cakes.

Attachments

• cake in a cup.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 417
Thanks for all the help! Sounds delicious!

Mmmm! Why have I not heard of this before?? Instant cake? They should include this recipe with the positive pregnancy tests, LOL!

mmmm mmmm good!! (drooling profusely)

I made one tonight, and my eyes rolled back in ecstasy after taking the first bite. For those of you that like chocolate....I used a devils food cake mix and chocolate pudding. Then made a chocolate frosting to go on top.

I can't wait to try different flavors! :D

If I want to do this at shows, can you use regular coffee mugs?

ETA: I know that sort of defeats the purpose since that'd leave no product to show, but I love to share and easy, tasty treat!

Hey, maybe I'll save it for host gifts!

hummm.....

It came up 2/3rds of the way to the top of our PC cups so....

Are you twisting my arm to try it out for you??? :D

OMG... I just tried these - I was reading through this thread and thought they sounded so good that I started to crave them right away! I've made this in the Rice Cooker plus and never thought of making individual servings before... I will definitely be taking the ingredients to work tomorrow and having a "fancy" lunch dessert - I'll be the envy of all my co-workers and in only 1 min 50 seconds with my 850 watt (no turntable) microwave!!
Thanks for the yummy & Easy recipe!
Looks awesome served on the small square too!:)

chef_leeanne said:
hummm.....

It came up 2/3rds of the way to the top of our PC cups so....

Are you twisting my arm to try it out for you??? :D

Sure .. if that makes you feel better :D

MomToEli said:
If I want to do this at shows, can you use regular coffee mugs?

ETA: I know that sort of defeats the purpose since that'd leave no product to show, but I love to share and easy, tasty treat!

Hey, maybe I'll save it for host gifts!

Do you have the prep bowls? I was thinking that maybe what would fit in one SA cup, would fit in 2 prep bowls filled 1/2 way up and then you'd have 2 smaller cakes? I would definetely try! I think I'm heading to the kitchen tonight to make this! I just need to pick up the prepared frosting, cause the molten lava is right up my hubby's alley!
Thanks guys! This is the first I've heard of this and I love it!:D

Yes! It works great in the prep bowls too!

My DS is off to college in a few months and he and his friends are each getting a prep bowl in their gift bags with instructions for this cake and how to cook an egg in it as part of their gift. They will have a refrigerator in their rooms but I wish there was a recipe that didn't call for an egg.

Beth, if you instruct them to use Egg Beaters, those have a little more shelf life than plain eggs. Although most eggs are still good for 3 weeks after the date on the carton.

Thanks Ann. But I did think of that. They have such a limited amount of space in their dorms that I actually think real eggs would be better but opf course I will give them that suggestion. What I am looking for is ideas of recipes without eggs at all. All the prep bowl recipes I can think of contain that ingredient.

pampchefstacey said:
ONE MINUTE-10 SECOND CAKE MICROWAVE “CUP� CAKES

(Thanks Adv. Dir. Holly Stephens for sharing with the director loop!!)
IDEAS:

Strawberry cake mix, cheesecake pudding, and cream cheese frosting

Banana cake mix, vanilla pudding (or banana), cream cheese frosting

Chocolate cake mix, chocolate pudding, chocolate frosting

German chocolate cake mix, coconut pudding, coconut pecan frosting

Lemon cake mix, vanilla pudding, cream cheese frosting.

You can ADD NUTS in the mix.

:p My daughters top it off with Nutella (chocolate/hazelnut spread)!:p

mmm..... (wiping the drool off my keyboard)..... Nutella would be fantastic in these!

BethCooks4U said:
Yes! It works great in the prep bowls too!

My DS is off to college in a few months and he and his friends are each getting a prep bowl in their gift bags with instructions for this cake and how to cook an egg in it as part of their gift. They will have a refrigerator in their rooms but I wish there was a recipe that didn't call for an egg.
You want me to believe you have a son old enough for college!!!!!:confused: :confused: ! Your picture looks like your about 25! Yikes:eek: I went and looked at your picture again and I don't buy it!;) :D !
Anyway, Beth thanks for the confirmation about the prep bowls!
VeronicaW said:
My daughters top it off with Nutella (chocolate/hazelnut spread)!
From the mouth of Rachel Ray...... YUMMMMO!!!!!! :D I think I might grab Nutella instead of frosting, maybe both!! My family loves Nutella!!!! That Warm Hazelnut Microwave Cake recipe from PC is a favorite around here!
Ooooo.... I'm going shopping today!!!!:D :p I must not go crazy though cause this will really mess up my "getting healthy goals"!:eek: :rolleyes:

MissChef said:
You want me to believe you have a son old enough for college!!!!!:confused: :confused: ! Your picture looks like your about 25! Yikes:eek: I went and looked at your picture again and I don't buy it!;) :D !
Anyway, Beth thanks for the confirmation about the prep bowls!
Well, actually, I have a son who is 35. I am definitely old enough - and I feel it some days! The picture was taken about 3 or 4 years and several pounds ago but I don't have many of myself that I like...

The recipe I have calls for 1cup of mix and 2T oil, 2T water and 2 egg whites for the coffee and more mugs. They come out wonderful!
I do put 1/2 the mix in the mug and then a peanut butter cup or some sort of candy in the middle, sometimes just a little frosting.

I love them, and it's just perfect for our family. I don't have an entire cake sitting around to eat.

I think my favorite is spice cake with cheesecake pudding and peanut butter frosting.:p

BethCooks4U said:
Well, actually, I have a son who is 35. I am definitely old enough - and I feel it some days! The picture was taken about 3 or 4 years and several pounds ago but I don't have many of myself that I like...
35!!!:eek: :eek: No freakin way! I would have never said you were old enough to be my Mom!:eek:
Oh wow! I always envisioned you as my age!
Okay, wow, I'm trippin! Cause you my dear, have aged very gracefully!;) :)

MissChef said:
35!!!:eek: :eek: No freakin way! I would have never said you were old enough to be my Mom!:eek:
Oh wow! I always envisioned you as my age!
Okay, wow, I'm trippin! Cause you my dear, have aged very gracefully!;) :)
Thanks! I love to hear that kind of thing! And I really am only 35 - inside anyway! (My body likes to tell me otherwise whenever I forget the chronological age though...)

I can attest to how very, very good these are! :)

mmmmmmmmmm

I made these kits as teacher gifts at the end of the school year. I could just picture them being microwaved in the teacher's lounge!

How cool is this! I was just thinking of this thread last night! Thinking that I needed to find it on here and here it is! I am going to the store tomorrow and I think I'm going to make this for the kids and my hubby! I then will have a bite, and try really hard to leave it at one bite! :eek: ;)

BethCooks4U said:
Thanks Ann. But I did think of that. They have such a limited amount of space in their dorms that I actually think real eggs would be better but opf course I will give them that suggestion. What I am looking for is ideas of recipes without eggs at all. All the prep bowl recipes I can think of contain that ingredient.

Beth, I do one in the prep bowl that is a quarter cup of dry brownie mix and 2 Tbsp of yogurt. mix and microwave for about 1min 10sec. Top with ice cream or whipped cream for a great, fast dessert. HTH!

I made the chocolate cake in the Soup & More Mug and just sprayed it with oil, put a small scoop of chocolate prepared frosting in and then the cake batter. YUM! Frosted cake in a minute. Easy and doesn't heat up the kitchen. Perfect for singles or empty nesters for dinner dessert! Love this recipe and the SA mugs!

Related to Micro Cakes in Coffee and More Cups

1. What ingredients do I need to make Micro Cakes in Coffee and More Cups?

To make Micro Cakes in Coffee and More Cups, you will need a box of cake mix, a box of pudding mix, and any additional ingredients listed on the cake mix box (such as eggs, oil, and water).

2. What is the recipe for Micro Cakes in Coffee and More Cups?

The recipe for Micro Cakes in Coffee and More Cups typically involves mixing the cake mix and pudding mix together, adding any additional ingredients, and then pouring the batter into coffee cups or other small heat-safe containers. The cakes can then be microwaved or baked according to the instructions on the cake mix box.

3. Can I use any type of cake mix for Micro Cakes in Coffee and More Cups?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for Micro Cakes in Coffee and More Cups. However, different types of cake mix may result in slightly different flavors and textures for the final product.

4. Is there a specific type of pudding mix that works best for Micro Cakes in Coffee and More Cups?

No, you can use any type of pudding mix for Micro Cakes in Coffee and More Cups. Again, the type of pudding mix you use may affect the flavor and texture of the final product.

5. How long do Micro Cakes in Coffee and More Cups take to cook?

The cooking time for Micro Cakes in Coffee and More Cups will vary depending on the type of cake mix and pudding mix you use, as well as the size and shape of the containers you use to bake them in. It's best to follow the instructions on the cake mix box and adjust the cooking time accordingly based on the size and type of container you use.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
  • lauraP2000
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JAE
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies