• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

No Pudding Needed: Micro Cakes with Just Cake Mix!

In summary, there are different versions of the individual micro cakes that don't include pudding. One includes cake mix, water, eggs, and oil, and frosting. Another includes frosting and cake mix, and is cooked in the microwave for 10 minutes.
lauraP2000
Is there any version of the individual micro cakes that doesn't include pudding? I don't have any pudding mix on hand, just cake mix, and I'm jonesin' for some chocolate...

I don't have one for the micro cooker. I was the sameway last night and I took a Devil's food cake and fudge frosting and fluted stone.

1 cake mix (any kind)
1 cup Water
3 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1/2 frosting

Mix all ingredients except frosting in 2qt. batter bowl.Pour mix into Seasoned Stoneware Fluted Pan. Drop frosting by spponfuls on top of cake batter. Place in microwave on high & cook for 10 min. Use cake tester to see if it is done, cook additional 1-2 mintues each time until done.

This turned out really nice. I had to prove to my husband that I didn't frost the cake.

Okay, I just tried it in my heart dish without the pudding mix, everything else the same (for the individual recipe), and it came out great! Amazing!

The one I do is :
1 tub chocolate frosting (use about 1/2 to 3/4 of the tub) and spread the entire inside of the stoneware fluted pan as if you would to grease a reg pan. Then mix 1 box devils food cake mix as dirrected on package and then poor directly into the fluted pan, which is coated with the choc frosting then cook in microwave for 12 mins. Allow to cool for about 5-10 min the turn onto a plate and AAAAAAHHHHHH what a chocolaty delight. The frosting melts and becomes fudgey and the cake doesn't stick because of the frosting reminds me alot of the triple chocolate meltdown from Applebee's OMG is it so yummy! It is great for a chocolate fix! Enjoy!

K_Jurich said:
The one I do is :
1 tub chocolate frosting (use about 1/2 to 3/4 of the tub) and spread the entire inside of the stoneware fluted pan as if you would to grease a reg pan. Then mix 1 box devils food cake mix as dirrected on package and then poor directly into the fluted pan, which is coated with the choc frosting then cook in microwave for 12 mins. Allow to cool for about 5-10 min the turn onto a plate and AAAAAAHHHHHH what a chocolaty delight. The frosting melts and becomes fudgey and the cake doesn't stick because of the frosting reminds me alot of the triple chocolate meltdown from Applebee's OMG is it so yummy! It is great for a chocolate fix! Enjoy!

WOW! I've never heard of this version before. YUMMO! I usually spray the heck out of my pan, mix up a box of DF cake as directed and then pour in pan. Then add 1/3 to 1/2 can of icing on top of the cake mix. As the cake is cooking the icing melts and flows through the cake ending up on the bottom of the pan and after it's done and sat for about 15 minutes, I flip it out and have a self-glazed cake that is soooo moist because of the icing cooking it's way down through the cake! :love: I'll have to give your version a try and see if it looks/tastes the same :)

Yes, that sounds great. As soon as my new fluted stone comes in, I'm going to try that method. It sounds like it would produce a more even texture on top (after flipping it over). Thanks for the tip!

Jayme said:
I don't have one for the micro cooker. I was the sameway last night and I took a Devil's food cake and fudge frosting and fluted stone.

1 cake mix (any kind)
1 cup Water
3 eggs
1/4 cup oil
1/2 frosting

Mix all ingredients except frosting in 2qt. batter bowl.Pour mix into Seasoned Stoneware Fluted Pan. Drop frosting by spponfuls on top of cake batter. Place in microwave on high & cook for 10 min. Use cake tester to see if it is done, cook additional 1-2 mintues each time until done.

This turned out really nice. I had to prove to my husband that I didn't frost the cake.

ok about to go try this for the first time. keeping fingers crossed. i am so nervous about doing this. lol!

Don't be nervous. It's chocolate. It will taste great! The first time I tried it, I had my son's help, and he forgot to add the pudding. I put it in the micro and then realized there was still pudding on the counter! :) Tasted fine.

Related to No Pudding Needed: Micro Cakes with Just Cake Mix!

1. What is "No Pudding Needed" Micro Cakes?

"No Pudding Needed" Micro Cakes are a quick and easy way to make delicious cakes using just cake mix. It eliminates the need for additional ingredients like pudding and only requires a microwave for cooking.

2. How do I make a "No Pudding Needed" Micro Cake?

To make a "No Pudding Needed" Micro Cake, you simply mix a box of cake mix with water and microwave it for a few minutes. The exact measurements and cooking time may vary depending on the type of cake mix and microwave wattage, so it's important to follow the instructions on the packaging.

3. Can I use any type of cake mix for "No Pudding Needed" Micro Cakes?

Yes, you can use any type of cake mix for "No Pudding Needed" Micro Cakes. However, it's important to note that the texture and taste may vary depending on the type of cake mix used. It's recommended to experiment with different flavors to find your favorite combination.

4. Can I add any additional ingredients to "No Pudding Needed" Micro Cakes?

Yes, you can add in your favorite mix-ins like chocolate chips, nuts, or fruit to the cake mix before microwaving. This will give your Micro Cake some extra flavor and texture. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

5. Are "No Pudding Needed" Micro Cakes safe to eat?

Yes, "No Pudding Needed" Micro Cakes are safe to eat as long as you follow the instructions and cook them properly. It's important to also make sure that the cake mix is not expired and to use a microwave-safe container for cooking. As with any food, it's always best to use caution and follow food safety guidelines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lovenpc
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dkgriff
  • kristina16marie