• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Micro Cakes - Frosting Question

In summary, some people do micro cakes in the fluted pan, some people do them in the DCB, and some people do them in the rice cooker. Some pros and cons of each method are mentioned.
kristina16marie
Gold Member
Okay, I love doing 10 minute cakes in my fluted pan (who doesn't) and I've always melted the frosting in the small micro cooker & drizzled it over the cake after I've flipped & cooled it. I've heard some put the frosting in the bottom of the pan before adding the batter so the cake comes out "frosted".

Who has done micro cakes this way and does it always work? Are there pros & cons of doing it that way versus the other?

bumping! anyone, have any micro cake experience?

We do micro cakes in the rice cooker. Drop the icing right in the center of the batter after you mix it up. As the cake cooks, the icing falls to the bottom. Then when you flip it out, the icing just sort of flows over the cake.

I do it in the fluted pan. I usually do the frosting separately so I can show the additional tool (microcooker) but I have done it the other way.

What you do is put the cake batter in the fluted pan and then put several scoops of the frosting on TOP of the batter, microwave and then when you flip it the frosting will have moved to the bottom and be glazing the cake. The thing with doing it that was is don't use the cake pedestal or you'll be in danger of the frosting running off the edge of the plate.

I do the whole melting chocolate at shows. At home, I pull all the foil off a tub of ready made icing, heat it for 30 seconds & drizzle. The chocolate icing on devil's food cake tastes like the molten cake at Chili's!

I've done it in the fluted pan, the DCB & the rice cooker- I always just plop the canned frosting on top of the batter. Depending on my mood (except for the DCB, which I don't flip), I either flip it & the cake 'ices' itself, or I do a molten lava cake, & scoop it out. I did a yellow cake w/ chocolate frosting in the fluted pan, flipped it & got all sorts of 'oohs & aahs.'

:)I've seen it done in the DCB, where it was like a molten lava cake, but the consultant did not flip it out, she just scooped it out and it looked wonderful and gooey.

Sorry, I guess I didn't answer your question. I may not be "all here" this morning. When I saw a consultant make this cake she just dolloped out frosting on different spots with her scoop on top of the cake mix before microwaving it. It was delicious!

I would do the German Chocolate cake in the fluted stone and dollop the pecan coconut frosting in blobs on the top. When it was done I'd let it sit for a few minutes, then flip it over onto a platter and let it sit that way--with the stone still on top of it, for about 15/20 minutes. This gives it time for all the gooey stuff to settle down onto the cake.But one tip...don't use the entire can of frosting. Save 1/4 or whatever of it and put it into a prep bowl. Right before serving the cake, microwave the prep bowl for 30 seconds or less, till it's melted. Then remove the stone from the cake and then pour the melted frosting over it (there's sometimes some imperfect spots, so I start there and move on. ;)

I have been told not to use "whipped" frosting. They say it makes a difference.

1. How do I make the frosting for my Micro Cakes?

To make the frosting for your Micro Cakes, you will need 1 cup of powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons of softened butter, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1-2 tablespoons of milk. Mix all ingredients together until smooth and creamy.

2. Can I use a different type of frosting for my Micro Cakes?

Yes, you can use any type of frosting that you prefer for your Micro Cakes. However, we recommend using a frosting that is not too heavy or thick to ensure it spreads evenly on the small cakes.

3. How much frosting should I use on each Micro Cake?

The amount of frosting you use on each Micro Cake will depend on personal preference. However, we suggest using about 1-2 tablespoons of frosting per cake to avoid overwhelming the small cakes.

4. Can I make the frosting ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the frosting ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the fridge. Just make sure to bring it to room temperature and mix it well before using it on your Micro Cakes.

5. Can I add food coloring to the frosting for my Micro Cakes?

Yes, you can add food coloring to the frosting for your Micro Cakes to make them more colorful and fun. Just make sure to use gel or powdered food coloring, as liquid food coloring can make the frosting too runny.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• gailz2
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
gailz2
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
cochef