• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mexican Chicken Lasagne - Prepare Ahead

In summary, this recipe is easy to make and can be assembled the night before. It can also be frozen and reheated in the microwave.
dkitten13
Can this be at all prepared ahead???

Yes, I think it could.

Yes it works well to make ahead.

If you make it say the night before and put it in the fridge, you will need to let it sit out at room temperature for about fifteen minutes before putting it in the microwave. I have found that by the time I get it out of the fridge, get to the host's house and get unloaded, it's good to pop in the microwave.

It says right in the recipe that you can make it ahead.

I thought it said so but I'm looking at the recipe card and its not on there.

This recipe even freezes well after being baked, and then reheated in the microwave.
It is so easy to assemble, that unless you are on an extrememly short time crunch,
it has considerable value, in my mind, as one to demo from scratch. Have your chicken
ready to chop with our salad sheers, or the food chopper. The remainder is something
you could do with the hostess and early arrivals.

This recipe even freezes well after being baked, and then reheated in the microwave.
It is so easy to assemble, that unless you are on an extrememly short time crunch,
it has considerable value, in my mind, as one to demo from scratch. Have your chicken
ready to chop with our salad sheers, or the food chopper. The remainder is something
you could do with the hostess and early arrivals. Did I mention, I use Mild Salsa for
the filling? I'm not much into Mexican foods so that was a perfect substitute, and so tasty.

This is for my scrapbook event tomorrow and I don't know if anyone would be interested in a demo...I'll have to give it some thought...

1. How far in advance can I prepare Mexican Chicken Lasagne?

You can prepare Mexican Chicken Lasagne up to 24 hours in advance. Simply assemble the lasagne and refrigerate until ready to bake.

2. Can I freeze Mexican Chicken Lasagne?

Yes, you can freeze Mexican Chicken Lasagne before or after baking. If freezing before baking, make sure to thaw in the refrigerator before baking. If freezing after baking, let the lasagne cool completely before wrapping and freezing.

3. Do I need to cook the chicken before adding it to the lasagne?

Yes, the chicken should be cooked before adding it to the lasagne. You can use leftover cooked chicken or cook it specifically for the lasagne.

4. How long do I bake the Mexican Chicken Lasagne?

Bake the lasagne for 35-40 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the lasagne is heated through.

5. Can I substitute ground beef for the chicken in this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute ground beef for the chicken in this recipe. Cook the ground beef before adding it to the lasagne and adjust the seasonings as needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ErinApron
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • stefani2