• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Metal Sheet Pans as Host Special?

In summary, my customer's dad bought sheet pans at a sister's show and now their mom doesn't want them. My friend asked if the could be returned or if anyone would be interested in buying them. I'm happy to buy them from her and use them as a door prize or for a quarter auction etc. However, I can't find a flyer or receipt for the show and I'm not sure when they were a host special. Anyone know when they were a host special?
ivykeep
Gold Member
One of my best customers (and a great friend at that) just emailed me.

Her sister had a show with another consultant (which is fine with me -- her sister is also a friend but lives almost 90 minutes away and I'm happy to provide customer service no matter who the consultant is). Their dad bought the host special of sheet pans at the sister's show (who didn't want them) and held them until Christmas. Now the mom doesn't want them either (she has a set of sheet pans she's used for years and just doesn't want to try anything new).

My friend asked 1) if the could be returned (my response was only if it is within 30 days of the show) or 2) if anyone would be interested in buying them for what her parents paid.

I'm happy to buy them from her and use them as a door prize or for a quarter auction etc, but I can't find where they were the host special... anyone know what month they were a host special?

My thought is that they might have been a 50% host ITEM, rather than a host special, because I just can't remember them and can't find a flyer on it (which I lost my old computer so did lose some of the older flyers).

Any other suggestion on how to handle it? I know that my friend would deal with it if I told her that there was nothing to be done about it, but quite honestly I don't like telling customer's "no" especially when they are also personal friends (and I'll bet that my mom would love them so worst case, I refund them what they paid and then gift them to my mother down the road)

My understanding is that they can be returned or exchanged for up to a year but they have to pay to ship them back. The sister who had the show needs to find her receipt in order to do this or at the least give you a month the show was held in order for HO to find her.

Thanks for that information -- and I think you are right any my brain is just pregnancy fuzzy and I forgot!

Mommy to Abigail and pregnant with twins! (40 week due date May 8 -- which means three children by early April!)
OFF topic but you know you may go to date with twins my sister had 2 babies at 40 weeks they weighed 16 lbs together 1 just over 8 lbs and 1 just under!!!

trps said:
Mommy to Abigail and pregnant with twins! (40 week due date May 8 -- which means three children by early April!)

OFF topic but you know you may go to date with twins my sister had 2 babies at 40 weeks they weighed 16 lbs together 1 just over 8 lbs and 1 just under!!!

I'm definitely not going to go past week 38 -- with Abby we had an unknown aging placenta and she was starved in utero for the last 2 weeks (she was full term). They analyzed the placenta and estimated that it would have failed completely and she would have died within 4-5 days (so I wouldn't have made it to my next appointment). I knew something was wrong and insisted that they schedule the induction. I was right at 40 weeks, but they wanted to wait until at least 41 and we would not have made it.

So they told me not to go past 38 weeks for any future pregnancies.

This one is mono-chorionic twins (identical twins sharing one single placenta) so I get to have ultrasounds every 3-4 weeks to make sure that one isn't stealing nutrition from the other (Twin to Twin transfer syndrome) which can be fatal to both of them. Unfortunately, 25% of mono-chorionic twins fail to survive to delivery :eek: so I'm getting closely monitored and they could literally take the babies at any time (after 24 weeks -- I'm not quite 22 right now). Luckily, if they catch TTTS early enough they can do laser surgery to correct, if they miss it (which they BETTER not, since it is a known risk) then I'll have to deliver immediately.

They also have to watch carefully (regardless of my past history of placenta issues) to make sure that they don't "use up" the placenta. Having had a past aging placenta it makes it all the more likely that this one won't last full term. I'll probably get weekly sonograms starting about 32 weeks and as soon as the placenta looks to be less supportive they will do an amnio to check on lung development, possibly pump in some steroids and then take them (mandatory c-section because of other complications on Abby's birth).

I've been evaluated by six different doctors in 4 different practices (at one point they thought they were mono-amniotic... sharing one sack, which has a mortality rate of 50% so got to have some ultra-high risk consultations) and all concure -- we *hope* to get to 36 weeks -- will not go past 38 weeks, but really can't predict what can happen.

It's been a VERY emotional roller coaster of a pregnancy and I'm fearful at every single appointment that they are going to give me MORE bad news (last time it was that I was developing placenta previa with my placenta covering part of my cervix... we are hoping that that resolves over the next few weeks).

The good news is that they look good and despite all the risks are growing well and evenly (at the last sonogram last week one was 12 ounces and the other 13 ounces) so thus far the risks are still all theoretical and haven't actually become practical considerations and I am praying fervently that it stays that way.

She probably got them at 50% off. If they bought them at one of your Shows, you can just go back on P3 and look it up. I have done that several times lately with things that have messed up prior to warranty exp. If you know approximately, it will be easier. They didn't come out until Spring (March) so that can narrow it down some!

I did check my sales and they were not from me (I've only sold two sets total -- one back in March that had to be replaced with the quality issues and another set to the host of a show in October). I think my friend is actually now embarrassed, she thought they were ordered through the show her sister had last September or the one she had in December (she's ordered at a number of shows since, but hasn't hosted, although she is booked for a show in February) so thought they HAD to be over a year old until I told her they couldn't be since they were only released in March.It truly doesn't bother me if her sister had a show with another consultant and I'm happy to try and solve their problem for themI guess my concern is if they are the defective pans that got passed on to her parents somehow (if her sister got them at a show in the spring and then had the defective ones replaced so passed them on...)

Oh my... I just talked to my friend -- not sure where the disconnect was, but she was talking about a set of Stainless Steel Cookware, not sheet pans! That I know the host special was in September!

1. How many metal sheet pans are included in the Host Special?

The Host Special for metal sheet pans typically includes 2 pans.

2. Are the metal sheet pans dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of our metal sheet pans are dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

3. What are the dimensions of the metal sheet pans?

The dimensions of our metal sheet pans vary, but they are typically around 13x18 inches.

4. Can the metal sheet pans be used in the oven?

Yes, our metal sheet pans are oven safe and can withstand high temperatures.

5. Are the metal sheet pans non-stick?

No, our metal sheet pans are not non-stick. We recommend using a cooking spray or lining the pans with parchment paper to prevent sticking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CarrieAnne22
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Kristianne
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mechelle