• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Metal Handled Vegetable Peeler?

Same here. I love my old metal. The new just does seem to be the same and I really tried the black one. I always find myself reaching for the metal one over the new black one.If anyone is interested, I have 8 of the old style ones, just post me a note if you need any.
kcmckay
Gold Member
I had a guest bring her favorite peeler and asking if we had them. It had a metal handle vs. our current black ones. It says pampered chef up side of handle. I've never seen one like that. I told her I'd see if I could round any up and keep an eye out on the outlet for her. If anyone has any they are willing to sell that would be great. There is nothing wrong with hers she just wants more! Thanks

That's the old style. It was on the Outlet sometime this past year, but it sold out. Sorry - maybe someone will have a spare.

the current one with the black handle has the same blade

I have both. The blade is the same, so you might ask her what she loves best about it. If it's the way it feels in her hand you'd be out of luck. If, however, it's that it works better than any other peeler, let her know she'll love the new one.

I might have a couple. Let me go check my stash.(The old metal-handled one has a great additional use - the handle can be used to scrape the ribs and seeds out of bell peppers.)

Sorry - I thought I had a couple, but I must have sold them at a vendor fair.

raebates said:
I have both. The blade is the same, so you might ask her what she loves best about it. If it's the way it feels in her hand you'd be out of luck. If, however, it's that it works better than any other peeler, let her know she'll love the new one.

I haven't found this to be true. Even though the blade is technically the same, it just doesn't work the same way. I do not like the new one, and opt to use the serrated peeler instead. If I need a straight peeler, I go back to the old PC one that I still have. It just works better. Sooo, I never tell people that if they love the old one, they will love the new one. :eek:

Unfortunately it is the handle she likes!:( Oh well I suppose maybe someone will have it! I will wait and see.

I know someone mentioned it was on outlet before and it sold out? That means it will never show up again right? Because they don't make them anymore?

Thanks for checking and insight.

kcmckay said:
Unfortunately it is the handle she likes!:( Oh well I suppose maybe someone will have it! I will wait and see.

I know someone mentioned it was on outlet before and it sold out? That means it will never show up again right? Because they don't make them anymore?

Thanks for checking and insight.

I have some BNIP. PM me if you want one.

ChefBeckyD said:
I haven't found this to be true. Even though the blade is technically the same, it just doesn't work the same way. I do not like the new one, and opt to use the serrated peeler instead. If I need a straight peeler, I go back to the old PC one that I still have. It just works better. Sooo, I never tell people that if they love the old one, they will love the new one. :eek:

Interesting. I specifically tried mine side by side (switching back and forth) several times when the new one came out. I couldn't tell any difference at all. I wonder if you got a dud.

ChefBeckyD said:
That's the old style. It was on the Outlet sometime this past year, but it sold out. Sorry - maybe someone will have a spare.

Same here. I love my old metal. The new just does seem to be the same and I really tried the black one. I always find myself reaching for the metal one over the new black one.

ChefBeckyD said:

I told you to get a new one! Mine works just wonderfully. Yours is probably defective. ;) My old one works fine, too.

I don't care for the black one myself.

If anyone is interested, I have 8 of the old style ones, just post me a note if you need any. VA

I also do not like the new ones. I have had my old one for a long long time. It is the best!

JAE said:
I told you to get a new one! Mine works just wonderfully. Yours is probably defective. ;) My old one works fine, too.

It's not defective - I just don't like the handle. It's not comfortable for me to hold, so I'm not able to peel as well with it.

I'm with those that like the old style better. My 9 year old likes the new style - easier for her to handle, but I stocked up on a couple of the oldies for myself. Glad I did!

1. How do I properly clean the metal handled vegetable peeler?

To clean the metal handled vegetable peeler, simply wash it by hand with warm soapy water and dry it thoroughly before storing. Avoid using harsh abrasives or putting it in the dishwasher as it may damage the metal finish.

2. Can I use the metal handled vegetable peeler on both fruits and vegetables?

Yes, the metal handled vegetable peeler is designed to be versatile and can be used on a variety of fruits and vegetables.

3. Is the metal handle on the vegetable peeler comfortable to hold?

Yes, the metal handle is designed for a comfortable and secure grip, making peeling fruits and vegetables a breeze.

4. Is the blade on the metal handled vegetable peeler sharp?

Yes, the blade on the metal handled vegetable peeler is made from high-quality stainless steel and is designed to be sharp for efficient peeling.

5. How long will the metal handled vegetable peeler last?

The longevity of the metal handled vegetable peeler will depend on how often it is used and how well it is cared for. With proper care and use, it can last for many years.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heather223
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
heather223
Replies
Views
micocina
  • finley1991
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies