• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Most Embarrassing Pampered Chef Moment, Anyone Else Have One?

In summary, two weeks ago I was at my hosts house. She had a tiny little room with barely any light (and it was the kitchen!) I offered to use my table and she agreed. I set it up and began my demonstration and the host lightly hit the table when she was crossing her legs. One side of the table
pamperedmomto3
Two weeks ago I was at my hosts house. She had a tiny little room with barely any light (and it was the kitchen!) I offered to use my table and she agreed. I set it up and began my demonstration and the host lightly hit the table when she was crossing her legs. One side of the table completely buckeled and all of my tools (SA large round platter, round woven, round stone with handles, tool turn about with all the tools, batter bowls and so much more) and the recipe I was making went crashing to the floor. Amazingly nothing broke and the recipe landed upright without so much as a splatter. Needless to say I was horrified and thrilled that nothing broke. I wonder why I didn't get any bookings from that show. HMMMM.:rolleyes:

Anyone else have a crazy, funny, embarrassing moment?

Last month at a show, Almost ALL of the catalogues I had brought were missing half the pages. So for the remainder of the Show, I would say 'IF you have page 33....' - LOL. It was TOO funny but totally embarassing.

Last year, at my 3 show - I made a chocolate dip (I forget the name) and I FORGOT THE CHOCOLATE!!!! :yuck:

During my first few months of PC, I did a show that I was shredding parmesean cheese in the deluxe cheese grater. We were in the living room, which had VERY DARK GREEN plush carpet. I was showing how you could attach the "grate container" so the cheese would go right into there as you were grating. I walked a step away from the table and the ALMOST FULL container of shredded cheese fell off and spewed parmesean cheese ALL OVER HER CARPET! Obviously, she was Ok with it, as I just did a show for her again in Feb of this year...and she has done catty shows during the mean time. (She still remembered that it happened, though, cuz one of the GUESTS brought it up during my demo a few months ago! They just all laughed and teased me about it...) Yeah. That was my most embarrasing moment!

Two words: potty party. (Don't ask. It's disgusting.)I got the "your host's discount is about to expire" note for that host last month. I promptly deleted it.

chefann said:
Two words: potty party. (Don't ask. It's disgusting.)

I got the "your host's discount is about to expire" note for that host last month. I promptly deleted it.

Aw, c'mon Ann- share the story! :)

HA HA! Funny!

I forgot my Stoneware AND TTA for one show! SOOOO EMBARASSING

chefann said:
Two words: potty party. (Don't ask. It's disgusting.)

I got the "your host's discount is about to expire" note for that host last month. I promptly deleted it.

Just gotta say that my imagination is running wild with this one!

Are you kidding ONE embarrasing moment LOL ~ here's my top 3 (believe me, there are more!):

Party #5 in 2001:
A good friend is the host. We did the Chicken Brocolli Braid. Demo went great, braid is coming out the oven. I proceed to "show" them how pretty the braid looks after it's cooked ~ ever so slightly tipped the Large Round Stone with Rack to "show" them and . . . YEP! The Stone flies off the rack! Onto her tile floor, the stone breaks in 4 places.

Dumbfounded:eek: , picking up my chin from the floor, all that would come out of my mouth was "OMG! I'm so sorry!"

Cindy (host) runs to the kitchen, grabs a plate and is yelling the entire time "5 second rule!!!!" (What the heck is she talking about? I was clueless) Then I see about 5 women helping her pick up the braid. (I'm thinking, "throw it in the garbage?") They got most of the braid and put it on the counter to serve.

What the ___? I was thinking ~ "are you kidding me?" Then they explained to me what the 5 second rule was...with 2 kids you would have thought I knew what that was...I was embarassed and GROSSED out at the same time.:yuck: I actually came home that night questioning is this something I really want to continue doing...will I catch a house on fire? :confused:

Fast forward to Party #250 in 2005:
The demo all done, everything went perfectly as planned...well, not. Maria (host) had a lovely pool/backyard. So after the demo, folks went and shopped by the pool. Then all of a sudden we hear this "crash," the sound of metal crunching. The sliding screen door that we all had admired because it was HUGE...as many homes as I have been in I've never seen such a large sliding door...it was like 15 feet wide. One of the little guys (about 7-8 years) old walked right through the door. Mind you, while I was setting up I said to Maria, "is your screen door shut?" It was. It looked like the door was open...the color was such it look invisible. This poor little guy was embarrased and all, Maria played it off nicely and said something like "that what Manny (husband) gets for special ordering a door that you can't see. We just got this last week. So we're there trying to bend it back into place...somehow we managed to get it up and working.

About 15 minutes pass, guess who walks straight through the screen door? Walah! Your's truly, bending up my glasses :yuck: and all...talk about embarrassing! It just happened, I help fix it...what a DUFUS of a moment! :blushing: :grumpy: :blushing: So I called HO the next day, the insurance company was right on it...she had a new screen door within a week ~ different colored screen though! :D

Sonic speed forward to Party # 581 in 2008:
Holley (host) lived a bit away from me...an hour's drive one way. It was a really HOT (105 degrees) day but with the air conditioner in the car, it was all good. I get there, Holley's house is a MANSION! Like 10,000 sq ft, HUGE! Beutiful home! Get inside, no air, broken, about twice as hot inside than out. Holley had been pre-heating her oven for an hour! Party wasn't suppose to start for about 45 minutes! (I didn't know the oven was on at this point). So, I'm setting up, perspiring like a nothing I've ever experienced in my life. Holley's husband comes in the kitchen and says "OMG, it's 125 degrees in this house (and shows us the thermometer), you can't do this PC party in here. People are going to die from this heat." Within seconds of him saying that...BOOM! There I go...I fainted! I never faint...when I came too, there staring me in the face are 5 emergency works (fire dept, police, ambulance) ~ talk about EMBARRASSING! I was fine. I hadn't eaten, the heat got to me...and that's the story.

Oh...the party went on! Yep, I insisted...her husband called a restaurant...we sent there...no demo, but AIR CONDITONING! Wahoo! He even bought dinner for all of us! They felt so responisble for me fainting...which it wasn't...the host order was $1245+! :love: AND...they rebooked for October/November! Her husband said...when the weather is cooler! :D

Well here is mine--Host says I might not be there when you get there but let yourself in --I knocked no answer so I PROCEED a pitbull is staring at me and here comes the owner of the pitbull and the house---YEP WRONG HOUSE---

HOST A: Burnt my hand on the saute pan (made cinnamon rolls in the oven, and I happened to want to move the saute pan and you guessed it...OUCH) LUckily without many noticing the host gave me some ointment and no scare or marking was left.

HOST B booked from HOST A: and at Host B's show I sliced my finger pretty badly (again the host had a bandaid and it was not noticed by any).

Luckily Host A did not come to Host B's show, because that would have been REALLY embarassing....

I am sure there are other stories I have...LOL

only one??

I did a show about 60 miles from home and forgot my stone and tta...the host called all of her neighbors to bring what I needed with them!

I fell carrying my stuff out to the van and broke a SA piece...it cut my hand and I sprained my ankle. The guests still there got me in the house, bandaged me up and called my DH to let him know I was driving wounded!

I have started perimenopause (about 3 years ago...and still going strong...when does this $%^&* end???) and last summer did a show on the hosts screened in porch. Well, between summer, outside and perimenopause, I was a sweaty mess! One of the guests got a towel and wet it with cold water for me and wrapped it around my neck!

Those are the ones that stand out most, but I have a goof at pretty much every show and I always say "see, they let anyone do this job!"

Um....let's see...

At my first show....someone had an allergic reaction to artichoke in a dip that someone else brought. Then someone brought a lost child to host's house because she(host) knew everyone.

Then there was the time that I had a host that had been to a million of my shows...literally. I set up in the rec room of our tower. She pops in to say she is going out to get her students and will be right back. She walks in the door right at show time. I say great we are ready to go, I just need the ingredients. She said...what ingredients...I had no idea! So I ran upstairs to my house, grab some ingredients and did the show. After that, my host coaching involved making sure that every host knew about groceries!

Last.....I puked in my hosts bathroom, on myself. Thankfully she lived in the same building. I ran home to change and DH came back with me to pack up. I had made it through the demo and most of the orders. DH and my host packed up all my stuff. I was down for four days after that...some freaky virus.

I know ALL about Ann's potty show!

I have had several embarrassing things happen at shows... I just laugh them off because my shows just kind of mirror my life: I do goofy things. LOL

I remember one show I just pulled something out of the oven and I turned around to show everyone and my bra came undone. Needless to say, "the girls" broke free and were trying to run around and hide 'round back. I think the only one who really noticed was the host's husband, who ****ed his head like a dog does when he hears a funny noise. I told them I wanted to wash my hands before cutting the ring up and I escaped to the restroom.

Kitchen Diva said:
Aw, c'mon Ann- share the story! :)
It's in the "Hijacking Thread", somewhere in June of last summer. I'll try to find it and let you know the actual post number.

I arrived at a hosts home about 40 minutes from mine got all set up then realized I had forgotten all my lap boards (w/ catties & order forms).
I at first panicked (of course) then remembered the past host was coming who lives right near me. Okay I'll call her tell her to pick them up at my house...great idea right?? So I am leaving past host a rambling message on her machine when a early guest comes into the room carrying all my catties!! I had put them in the other room when I arrived!!

Ann, if you keep bringing up the potty show, I will continue to post nekkid Burt on the Bear Rug!

I have lots of embarrassing moments. If you've met me, you understand. However, my current favorite involved the melon ball tool. I avoid calling it a melon baller, so this is what I usually say:I've never had really great success with the normal melon ball tool. Well, at one show my voice caught just as I was saying that. The host's husband stopped me a couple of seconds later. He said, "You don't have any idea what you said. Do you?"It seems that it sounded like I said, "I've never had really great sex."My poor husband. The Furry Guy wasn't even there to defend himself.
TMI alert!
BTW, what it sounded like I said is absolutely not true.

Nothing too embarassing yet. I did almost fainted at a host's house. I mentioned that one earlier. I'm very queesy with surgeries, blood, stories, etc. 4 or 5 people in the room had some recent surgery that they all had to talk about, show, and talk about some more. Plus the oven was preheating so I got really hot, went and sat outside trying to cool myself off. I knew I was on the verge of fainting so I went to tell my host I had to lay down because I wasn't feeling good. Luckily at that time I was just getting over being sick so I played it off that.

I also forgot my catalog once. Luckily it was in town and had to have DH run them to me. I also forgot my bar pan but I was out of town and trying to figure something out. Luckily my past host only lived a couple minutes away and I knew she had one so I had to run into my host's house to tell her I'd be right back because I had to go get a bar pan!

I don't have one of my own (yet), but at the first PC show I ever hosted, the consultant came in and explained that she had hurt her back and was on pain meds. She thoughts she would be OK during the show, though. She was making some type of brownie pizza in a Death by Chocolate themed show, and supposedly when she poured the batter out onto a piece of parchment paper laid over the flat round stone, the batter would not run off the edges of the stone. Well, you guessed it, the batter kept going right off the edge of the stone, and onto my living room carpet. She felt SO bad, but I really wasn't upset - the carpet was trash anyway! :)I still tell the story at shows, because not only does it prove that they let anyone do this job, but it also shows that after witnessing that, I still signed up!

I have a truly awesome story to tell about Nat.Conference and mixed up bathrooms - really funny, but it will have to wait until I make Director and get asked to speak. I'm not sure who was more surprised in the story, me or them! Let your imagination run - a little.My most embarassing PC moment is a show I totally forgot. Forgot to go, forgot to call - I just forgot. Host called me later--no one ordered anything; I just gave the host $150 credit both b/c I owed her $100 and felt so guilty. [Humor aside, I had just dropped my kids at their first sleepover and when picking them up the next day I had to call CPS b/c there were major major red flags.] But my business continues in strength, and I have signed up 3 consultants since then! I have a cluster meeting tomorrow afternoon, and will call lucky recruit #4 for a recruiting interview tomorrow before the meeting.

Scott:
Was your potty story day one conference 2 last year---??

I love this thread and am laughing so hard. I haven't YET had an embarrasing moment, but since we're telling stories, here's the cliff notes version of my "embarrassing show".
1. Heater was broken in middle of January so I wore my coat the entire time.
2. Their dog was giving birth to puppies in the kitchen during the show. OMG!!!!
3. No kitchen table and no counter space. She gave me her night stand from her bedroom.
4. Husband totally hit on me as he was helping me load my car. I cried all the way home. :) The end.

Sorry yall but i had good laughs because I have one of my own.

It just happened last weekend. Now mind you I've never had any embarrassing moments in my first year- til now! I was suppose to bring all the ingredients as we were making a trifle and chose the recipe last minute. The host lives 35-40 mins from my home. 2 minutes from the host's home...I remembered I had forgotten the food. I had prepped the fruit and all but put it in my outside fridge, and forgot. Plus I was running 15 minutes behind anyway after not realizing she lived futher than I thought.
So the 7pm show didn't start til 745pm but I was able to get to the store and back by 710pm and guests didn't arrive til 715-735pm anyway. :) God was with me then!

The most embarrassing thing that has happened to me was about 2 yrs ago, I emailed the host the recipe and then I brought tools for a different recipe I thought I had given her...OMG...it involved cookware, actually the entire demo was to be done in the stir fry skillet, I thought I was making something on a stone, so luckily I knew the recipe I had given her (usually bring cheat sheets w/ me), but she didn't have a pan big enough so we had to use her electric skillet! Thankfully, alot of guests who were there already knew me, so they knew that I normally did not do anything like that! LOL From then on, I have written down in my calendar what I told them I am making!

I have forgotten stuff lots of times but nothing major until I forgot my Large bar pan to do Jerk nachos. I was 30 mins from home. Luckily I was 3 miles from my Favorite SIL (Huge PC fan and has Everything!!!) I ran over to her house, she was out of town. I told her Dh I needed their Lg bar pan for a show down the road and I would bring it back after. He looked at me like I was nuts but said OK. (Truly It didn't matter what he said I knew SIL would be fine with it.

Last thursday... Good show, we did power cooking. I knew most of the guests (moms from preschool) when it came to order time I looked in my briefcase for my laptop and it was not there!! Oh well I will do orders the old fashioned way.... Fast forward to packing up I am putting folders and catty's in my briefcase OMGosh... there is my laptop!!! It was just pushed into a different section. the velcro compartment for it had moved! FYI.. I had not thought much about forgetting it because earlier I had dome my typical shut down and loading of paperwork only to realize I still need to write down directions! So I figured in my ditziness I had forgotten to reload the laptop. Oh I also forgot the zipper bags for our recipes and the host did not have any.

1. What is considered a "most embarrassing" Pampered Chef moment?

A "most embarrassing" Pampered Chef moment can vary from person to person, but generally it refers to a mishap or mistake that occurred during a cooking demonstration or party.

2. Can you give an example of a "most embarrassing" Pampered Chef moment?

Sure! One example could be accidentally spilling a dish or ingredient during a demonstration, causing a mess and potentially disrupting the flow of the party.

3. How can I prevent a "most embarrassing" Pampered Chef moment from happening?

While some things are out of your control, preparing and practicing for your demonstration can help minimize the chances of a mishap. Make sure you are familiar with the products and recipes you will be showcasing, and be mindful of potential hazards such as slippery surfaces or sharp objects.

4. What should I do if I do experience a "most embarrassing" Pampered Chef moment?

Don't panic! Remember that mistakes happen and it's important to stay calm and maintain a positive attitude. Apologize to your guests and try to laugh it off. You can also use the opportunity to showcase your problem-solving skills by coming up with a quick solution.

5. Are "most embarrassing" Pampered Chef moments common?

While they may happen from time to time, they are not necessarily common. As long as you are prepared and confident in your demonstrations, the chances of an embarrassing moment occurring are slim. And even if it does happen, it can make for a memorable and entertaining experience for your guests!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jbarnhill
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • KimmyDarling
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • lacychef