• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Anyone Have Another Pampered Chef Consultant in the Family?

In summary, when my mother-in-law learned that I was considering becoming a consultant, she decided to sign up as one of my first hosts. Then, one of my sisters-in-law told me that she was thinking about it as well. Turns out that she signed her agreement about 2 weeks before I did... but she still hasn't asked our mil to host for her. My mil's catalog show is about a week away (she already has $90 - the first day she took the catalog to work!!), and she said that we just won't tell my sil. I'm just wondering if this is the right thing to do. I mean, she did book w/ me first - and we all live in
ahammons
I'm just wondering how you all have dealt with this. When I told my mother-in-law that I was considering becoming a consultant, she signed up to be one of my first hosts. Then, one of my sisters-in-law told me that she was thinking about it as well. Turns out that she signed her agreement about 2 weeks before I did... but she still hasn't asked our mil to host for her. My mil's catalog show is about a week away (she already has $90 - the first day she took the catalog to work!!), and she said that we just won't tell my sil. I'm just wondering if this is the right thing to do. I mean, she did book w/ me first - and we all live in different states, but I feel bad at the same time. Any opinions??

I recruited my ex-husband, but he's never turned anything in.

Sorry, I don't have any family members as PC consultants. That would be an interesting situation to be in though. I don't think you should feel bad. Why can't your MIL host shows with both of you? Or is that not the problem? Sorry I can't be more helpful.....

I'm sure my MIL would do a show for her too, if she asked - but she hasn't. I don't even know if she's told anyone else in our family that she's a consultant. I just feel kind of bad for not telling her.

My hospitality director signed her sister, who is also a director now. I'm sure it's fine. I am kind of a "first come, first served" kind of girl. You asked first, and she responded graciously. It may have been different had your SIL asked first...I don't think there's any reason to keep it a secret, but I don't know that you need to make an announcement, either. If you don't tell her and she finds out, she'll feel bad, don't you think? Maybe she's saving the family to be her "ace in the hole" and has business for now...who knows!

Part of the reason I feel bad because I just talked to her the other day online, and she said that she's getting off to a really slow start. (Which I can relate to, b/c most of my family and friends are in different states) I guess I just don't want to be the one to tell her - just in case she does get mad/hurt! Yes, I'm a little bit of a chicken! :)

speedychef said:
My hospitality director signed her sister, who is also a director now.

Ah! Now I know who you go to meetings with! :) Saw both of them in San Fran.

I'm hoping to eventually recruit one of my sisters. There is business everywhere!

My first recruit was my stepfather. He took off like gangbusters outselling me several months ...then my brother's company hired him FT and his PC biz fizzled out. He was active for almost 2 years though.

I have had two of my sisters and my aunt all on my team at one point or another over the years. I really dont mind sharing... so I just left it up to who ever wanted to purchase or host. No big deal to me. Course, my team is all about sharing and helping each other out, so to us, it wasnt really an issue.

Hang in there though. I can see where it can cause some distress.

I just signed my sister last week....Its funny bc I have been telling her she should be doing this since I signed last year and you know what she said? "I should have started this soooner!!"...so far we have different circles and its only be 1 week but I guess I'll cross that bridge when we get to it if our businesses overlap..

Related to Anyone Have Another Pampered Chef Consultant in the Family?

1. Can I have more than one Pampered Chef consultant in my family?

Yes, you can have multiple family members who are Pampered Chef consultants. This allows for a wider network and more opportunities for parties and sales.

2. Will my family member receive credit for my purchases if they are a consultant?

Yes, if you purchase through your family member's personal website or at a party they are hosting, they will receive credit for the sale.

3. Can I join my family member's team as a consultant?

Yes, you can join your family member's team as a consultant and work together to grow your business.

4. Will I receive a discount if my family member is a consultant?

Discounts are only available to active consultants. However, your family member may be able to offer you special deals or promotions as a consultant.

5. Can my family member and I host a party together?

Yes, you and your family member can co-host a party together, allowing for a larger guest list and more sales opportunities for both of you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cat2000
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies