• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Men & Breast Cancer: The Unfortunate Reality

In summary, the conversation discusses the alarming increase in the rate of breast cancer among men and the possible reasons behind it. There is a belief that the government conducts secret tests on the population by adding harmful substances to food, water, and air. The use of chemicals in everyday products, such as lotions, is also a concern. The use of antibacterial gels is questioned, with the suggestion that soap and water are sufficient for cleaning.
pampered1224
Silver Member
This saddened me. About 5 years ago I remember reading that it was 1 man for every 300 women would be diagnosed with breast cancer. This means that the odds for men are becoming worse instead of better. Yes, ladies, we are the dumber of the sexes and this just proves it.

Attachments

• The Breast ...pdf
    567.7 KB · Views: 423
Since I've known two men who survived breast cancer I always mention at my HWC parties that breast self-exams are important for men as well. I didn't realize the statistics had gotten so much worse, though.

I still personally believe that all the stuff we breathe into and eat are a good reason for this. Also, men STILL do not believe it is an issue for them. STUPID!!

pampered1224 said:
I still personally believe that all the stuff we breathe into and eat are a good reason for this.

My mom has said for years that the government runs "secret tests" on us - she's not crazy and this is the only thing of this type that she has ever said - but she believes that stuff is put into food, water and air in different locations to see what affects it has on the population. Sometimes it's hard to deny it. I know in the three years we lived in New Jersey I knew more moms with twins than I have ever known in my entire life. Just a theory but I do agree that what is in our food and air really affects our health.

Sharon - I am not sure either that I would doubt your mom. However, there is so much crap out there accidentally that I don't think the government would need to poison us any more!

Look at our lotions and bath products-all the chemicals they put in there! I am very picky about what I put onto my skin (as it is absorbed directly into our bodies then). I have heard (used to work at a spa) not to buy anything with ..."Dea" in it. A lot of lotions put in cocamide dea. (cancerous) Also, have you ever noticed that for a lot of lotions, one of their main ingredients is alchocol? What does alcohol do? Dries out the skin! Why would someone put alcohol on their already dry skin hoping to make it moist? The lotion companies then add propylene glycol to counteract the dryness-that's what gives you the soft feeling after you put on lotion. PG is also used in commercial garages to clean the floor and it's added to anitfreeze for that same smoothness. I substitute teach also and when kids go nuts with the lotion, I remind them that if the chemicals that are used to make that lotion were seperated and put into buckets, there is no way anyone would stick their hands in 'em!

While we're on the subject of harmful stuff, aren't we as a society getting a little crazy with the antibacterial gel? Good ole soap and water will do the trick in cleaning! People always freak out when I don't use it when they are, and I simply tell them that I'm more afraid of what the chemicals in that stuff will do to me disease-wise then a few germs that my body will probably fight off anyway.

Kelly8 said:
Look at our lotions and bath products-all the chemicals they put in there! I am very picky about what I put onto my skin (as it is absorbed directly into our bodies then). I have heard (used to work at a spa) not to buy anything with ..."Dea" in it. A lot of lotions put in cocamide dea. (cancerous) Also, have you ever noticed that for a lot of lotions, one of their main ingredients is alchocol? What does alcohol do? Dries out the skin! Why would someone put alcohol on their already dry skin hoping to make it moist? The lotion companies then add propylene glycol to counteract the dryness-that's what gives you the soft feeling after you put on lotion. PG is also used in commercial garages to clean the floor and it's added to anitfreeze for that same smoothness. I substitute teach also and when kids go nuts with the lotion, I remind them that if the chemicals that are used to make that lotion were seperated and put into buckets, there is no way anyone would stick their hands in 'em!

While we're on the subject of harmful stuff, aren't we as a society getting a little crazy with the antibacterial gel? Good ole soap and water will do the trick in cleaning! People always freak out when I don't use it when they are, and I simply tell them that I'm more afraid of what the chemicals in that stuff will do to me disease-wise then a few germs that my body will probably fight off anyway.

Kelly, I think you must be my long lost twin. :love:

This is exactly why I MAKE my laundry detergent and cleaning solutions also. I firmly believe that our bodies have no way of processing the myriad of chemicals we take in every day, so I try my best to eat clean and live clean.

Great minds do think alike! I don't make my own laundry detergent and I'm still stuck on scrubby bubbles for the bathroom, but for everything else cleaning-wise I use soap and water. And I'm rarely sick-I get a cold maybe once every 5 years or so and then it lasts for about a day and there is no fever, runny nose, nothing like that. People are so afraid of germs that they've forgotten what those chemicals that are supposed to "clean" us can do to our bodies. And as far as the antibacterial stuff is concerned, we do have good bacteria on our bodies and if you kill that off, of course you're going to be sick. Okay,this is my little soapbox!

Kelly8 said:
Great minds do think alike! I don't make my own laundry detergent and I'm still stuck on scrubby bubbles for the bathroom, but for everything else cleaning-wise I use soap and water. And I'm rarely sick-I get a cold maybe once every 5 years or so and then it lasts for about a day and there is no fever, runny nose, nothing like that. People are so afraid of germs that they've forgotten what those chemicals that are supposed to "clean" us can do to our bodies. And as far as the antibacterial stuff is concerned, we do have good bacteria on our bodies and if you kill that off, of course you're going to be sick. Okay,this is my little soapbox!

I had a Dr. friend tell me once that in order for those antibacterial soaps to really work, we would have to scrub our hands like surgeons do going into surgery, and 99% of the population would never take the time or effort to scrub that well. (the other 1% probably have OCD :)) I've watched my 5 yr old wash his hands enough to know that those germs are still there after he washes!:D

I also had a couple of nurses tell me that they are seeing the worst cases of diarreah (spelling?) in children because teachers use the antibacterial before lunch on the kids and what do kids eat with? Their hands-so their bodies aren't able to break down the food. I was with friends and before we ate they insisted on using it and asked me if wanted some. I said no thanks. They thought I was just so dirty lol! Now, before they ate, but after they put on the antibacterial gel, they touched the table that God knows how many people before them have touched it, put their hands on the seat where people plant their bottoms, rubbed their nose, etc. I just think it's impossible to keep yourself germ free, so why not try to build up your immunity? Also, I just read a study that had been done on children that grew up on farms vs children who grew up in overly clean homes, and the farm children had less disease/sickness throughout their lifetime and docs think it was because they were exposed to more germs and were allowed to be somewhat dirty (like kids should be-go play in the dirt and grass!).

I remember running through the barn barefoot when I was younger... :) yes through the cow pies and all..

colegrovet said:
I remember running through the barn barefoot when I was younger... :) yes through the cow pies and all..

I did too, Terry! I loved growing up on a farm, and wish that I could give that to my son.

I think I'll go buy some manure to fertilize the garden! :D:D:D

My mom is constantly using that antibacterial gel. I generally don't touch the stuff. I've been told, though that it's a great fire-starter in a pinch. LOL!

Related to Men & Breast Cancer: The Unfortunate Reality

What is the prevalence of breast cancer in men?

The prevalence of breast cancer in men is much lower compared to women, with less than 1% of all breast cancer cases occurring in men. However, it is still important for men to be aware of their risk and symptoms, as early detection can greatly improve chances of successful treatment.

What are the risk factors for male breast cancer?

The most significant risk factor for male breast cancer is age, with the majority of cases occurring in men over the age of 60. Other risk factors include a family history of breast cancer, inherited genetic mutations, obesity, and high levels of estrogen in the body.

What are the symptoms of male breast cancer?

The most common symptom of male breast cancer is a painless lump or thickening in the breast tissue. Other symptoms may include nipple discharge, changes in the size or shape of the breast, and changes in the skin over the breast area.

How is male breast cancer diagnosed?

Male breast cancer is typically diagnosed through a combination of physical exams, imaging tests such as mammograms and ultrasounds, and biopsies of suspicious tissue. It is important for men to discuss any changes or concerns with their doctor, who can then recommend the appropriate diagnostic tests.

What are the treatment options for male breast cancer?

Treatment for male breast cancer is similar to that of female breast cancer, and may include surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy, and hormone therapy. The specific treatment plan will depend on the stage and type of cancer, as well as the individual's overall health. It is important for men to discuss all treatment options with their healthcare team to make the best decision for their specific case.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPeg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • WLMcCoy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies