• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Do Spanx Really Provide Comfort? Hot and Bothered?

In summary, KG thinks Spanx are not comfortable and would not recommend them. Oprah likes them, but they are not comfortable.
etteluap70PC
Gold Member
Do any of you wear spanx? I'm thinking of investing in some. Are they comfortable? I get hot very easily... has that been an issue?

Had to google it - now I'm intrigued!I wondered what the lady judge on American Inventor had invented!

Last edited:
Spandex is NOT something you would want to see me in... don't think my cats would even want to see me in spandex.

I've never worn them but I have considered it. My neighbor wore them to a wedding and liked them very much. They were featured on Oprah once. Oprah likes them!

Spanx are awesome. I've worn just the basic pantyhose and they are great.

I'm going to invest in an Spanx undergarment very very soon (to wear under my dress when I walk the stage at conference).

I'm with Becky - had to google it!

Basically a modern-day girdle...no don't wear them...maybe need to for my tummy - still got a little baby-fat.

DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!

I own HIGHER POWER by Spanx...and seriouly guys...the best $60 I ever spent......honestly...no bumping and bulging...Oprha and Tyra wear them....they are wicked...get the skin tone ones tho.

M

They look interesting...I never heard of it before. If you get something let me know how it fits & how it works. Always looking for something to smooth the fluffiness.

Misty you posted while I was writing now I'm really intrigued and anything that says you forget you have a bra on "Bra-lleluja!" just might have my vote

they are pretty cheap at torrid

mistym said:
DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!

I own HIGHER POWER by Spanx...and seriouly guys...the best $60 I ever spent......honestly...no bumping and bulging...Oprha and Tyra wear them....they are wicked...get the skin tone ones tho.

M
Um...I dunno about that.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Um...I dunno about that.

Oh come on KG, all the good drag queens probably wear them. :eek:

Well, I could probably use a little help (they say Shatner wore a girdle under his Star Trek uniform) but I'm on a diuretic and those don't look very condusive to being, um, in a hurry.

I've got a pair, and what I don't like about the particular one I've got (high-waist to help eliminate muffin top when I have it on) is that the top of it tends to roll down, creating a large bulge than not wearing it at all. But it doesn't go up hight enough to tuck under my bra band to hold it in place.

chefann said:
I've got a pair, and what I don't like about the particular one I've got (high-waist to help eliminate muffin top when I have it on) is that the top of it tends to roll down, creating a large bulge than not wearing it at all. But it doesn't go up hight enough to tuck under my bra band to hold it in place.

I was just looking at the Big Idea #31~Slim Cognito Seamless Shaping Bodysuit $58.00

It says that it can attach to your bra so it doesn't roll down. Now I"m not sure if you have to buy the Spanx bra or not.

DebbieJ said:
I'm going to invest in an Spanx undergarment very very soon (to wear under my dress when I walk the stage at conference).
Hmmm, now you've got me thinking about investing in one myself for that very reason.:D

DebbieJ said:
Spanx are awesome. I've worn just the basic pantyhose and they are great.

Soooo, could this be written off as a business expense?:D :p

I found them effective...and not uncomfortable (compared to an actual girdle)...but I nearly cried when two pairs ran within only a couple wearings. For the money, I'd expect them to be more durable. (just my experience)

I haven't woren spandex since I was in dance 20 years ago... but hey no fat rolls.... I have to google it too..... LOL

legacypc46 said:
I found them effective...and not uncomfortable (compared to an actual girdle)...but I nearly cried when two pairs ran within only a couple wearings. For the money, I'd expect them to be more durable. (just my experience)

So you returned them, right? I'm sure they would take them back and refund your money.

ChefBeckyD said:
Soooo, could this be written off as a business expense?:D :p

ROTFLMAO!!! :D

I bought them while visiting family in the States, but wore them over here...so no go on the return. -kris

PampMomof3 said:
I was just looking at the Big Idea #31~Slim Cognito Seamless Shaping Bodysuit $58.00

It says that it can attach to your bra so it doesn't roll down. Now I"m not sure if you have to buy the Spanx bra or not.
Mine isn't designed to be attached to a bra, it's just a high-waisted pair of footless pantyhose, basically. I got it at Lane Bryant.

This one: http://www.spanx.com/pls/enetrixp/!stmenu_template.main?complex_id_in=477024.479039.481290.2269462.page, High-Falutin' Footless

I personally down own any but all the moms at my son's preschool RAVE abotu them...Spanx and Hanky Panky panties are all everyeone talks about there!

I love the spanx footless pantyhose. I have some to wear with light colored crops. I also bought a "shaping" garmet at lane bryant that is high waisted to wear with skirts and such (it's basically biker shorts with ALOT of control!). Eliminates the muffin top. Make sure you buy the right size though, or they will roll if they are too small.

Tara1021 said:
I love the spanx footless pantyhose. I have some to wear with light colored crops. I also bought a "shaping" garmet at lane bryant that is high waisted to wear with skirts and such (it's basically biker shorts with ALOT of control!). Eliminates the muffin top. Make sure you buy the right size though, or they will roll if they are too small.
I have a pair of the Lane-Bryant brand as well. But I know they're the right size (same size as I usually wear in pants and tops), and they roll a little, too.

LOL! I can't help it but was just picturing a large auditorium of consultants all wearing their Spanx under their dresses/suits whatever...then if Carolyn follows the advice of picturing everyone naked while she is speaking she is either picturing us all in Spanx and will laugh or will picture us all naked with various "bulges" and REALLY laugh!

My problem is that I still have bulges, even with Spanx. They're just firm bulges. :rolleyes:

That image is just a little, well, never mind. [slowly slinks out of thread]

chefann said:
Mine isn't designed to be attached to a bra, it's just a high-waisted pair of footless pantyhose, basically. I got it at Lane Bryant.

This one: http://www.spanx.com/pls/enetrixp/!stmenu_template.main?complex_id_in=477024.479039.481290.2269462.page, High-Falutin' Footless

They have maternity ones too! I may just have to look into that for conference. Did anyone ever answer whether they think they would be ok in the heat & walking all day?

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
That image is just a little, well, never mind. [slowly slinks out of thread]
Yeah- you probably want to stay out of this thread, KG.
and take your dirty mind with you!

pamperedgirl3 said:
They have maternity ones too! I may just have to look into that for conference. Did anyone ever answer whether they think they would be ok in the heat & walking all day?
I can't see why they'd be that much worse than regular control-top pantyhose.

chefann said:
I can't see why they'd be that much worse than regular control-top pantyhose.

Hmmm....maybe I'll just see about wearing them for the banquet & not the workshops. Heat & pantyhose aren't a good mix with me--so walking around in them all day long might not be good.

Semi-hijack!

I'm reminded of the Simpsons Halloween special in which Homer went into a 3-D world. He mentioned "I'm all bulgy." Then screamed when he saw his butt sticking out behind him. :D

end hijack!

I wore them under my dresses at the formal dinners and at our vow renwals very comfy and I think they were aound $25

chefann said:
Yeah- you probably want to stay out of this thread, KG.
and take your dirty mind with you!
:p

I'm just disappointed there aren't any pictures.

Target also carries a value priced line called Assets, made by the Spanx people.

Assets? <giggle, snort, giggle>

Thanks all for the info... still looking for anyone else with experience with this product, especially if you are a larger size like me.

Ann... I still expect to have rolls too but I was hoping to smooth them out a bit... LOL A girl can dream!

KG ...... Sory for this one .... I knew youw would put in your .02$ though. Thanks you keep me smilin!

All in good fun, Paulette, all in good fun! ;)

I LOVE Spanx. Wore them for years when I was working in corporate world.

My aunt got the one that attaches to your bra, it was her regular bra not a Spanx one and it worked great. That is my problem with griddles, they roll down and that is annoying, I don't want to play with my underwear all night, fixing them and stuff! I have been waiting to buy one and hoping they are all the rage as everyone is claiming! If I am not breathing when I walk across the stage you will now why....I am sucking it in :)

Hehehe....sorry but I have never worn a griddle - sounds a little uncomfortable....a girdle on the other hand is a- ok! LOL...sorry...had to make a comment ;)

Now, a little trick I would suggest for the spanx ladies...I did make one modification and that was to attach a loop at the top of my spanx which loops over my bra strap and then attachs again to the top of the spanx with a hook and eye. This stops it from rolling, is dead easy to sew on and still means we can widdle without issue at all!
m

I've never worn a griddle, either. I've made pancakes and frenh toast on one, but never wore one.

LMAO:D
KG, how come I am not surprised to "see you" on this thread?;)
I have been (pardon the pun) rolling since I started to read this thread.
It was inevitible that KG would have some comments:D :D

I have not tried these garments yet. I wore a girdle when I was 110 lbs in high school. :D That was actually before pantyhose was invented :eek: and you could buy a garter belt that wasn't sexy lookin anywhere, not just at Fredericks of Hollywood or Victoria's Secret.:D We wore "hiphuggers" back then & I don't remember seein muffin tops either.:D

Anyone else around here this old????:)

Yup.I was selling shoes in a family shoe store when panty hose first hit the market.(You should see the posts for this thread I DIDN'T post. ;) )

So I have the Assets by Sara Blakely line that you can get at Target and I love the ones that are like bike shorts! They don't come up too high though, so it rolls a little when sitting (my buldge doesn't help that though :) ) But when wearing a skirt, I find I keep it at the level of the skirt and it's okay. The nylons ran the first time I wore them, so I think that was a waste of $10. I have to say the shorts ones are way more comfortable than any type of girdle/control top/tummy sucking in undies out there! I would highly, highly recommend these to anyone who doesn't feel so comfortable in a slim fitting dress!

I have the Spanx (larger lady here). I LOVE THEM!! I have the ones that have legs like biker shorts and come up under the bra. The only thing that strikes me as weird is the hole in the crotch. I haven't had the roll down with mine. I bought them to wear at a wedding. LOVE THEM! I have rolls all over and it smoothed that whole situation out. I suggest getting them. If the Assets are available in plus sizes then go for it (I imagine they would be a bit cheaper than Lane Bryant). I doubt they have the plus sizes though.

chefann said:
I have a pair of the Lane-Bryant brand as well. But I know they're the right size (same size as I usually wear in pants and tops), and they roll a little, too.
I think they all roll!

ChefKearns: And what's with this stuff being avaiable in non-plus sizes anyway? LOL

As I said before, the last time I wore a girdle, I was 110 lbs!:rolleyes:

I do have a pink straight skirt I wore when I was 16 (hubby was boyfriend then & bought it for my b-day)....Anyway, I "tried it on" in front of my hubby last year & I got it as far as just below my knees.:eek: Actually, it is a wee bit large around one of my thighs.:eek:

I remind DH that he used to beg me to gain wt. & tell me I ate like a bird & didn't know how I stayed alive. I even have this on tape so he can't deny it.;)

I do really need to get some of these garments...what is the most versatile?

Are the other brands as good as Spanx?

I remember seeing them on Oprah now....if I don't get going on my Big Red & Pilates, I will need them soon. 40 yr reunion coming up in August :eek: & I haven't been to one yet.

<H2>Do Spanx Really Provide Comfort?</H2><p>Yes, Spanx are designed to provide comfortable support and shaping for your body. They are made with lightweight, breathable materials that are designed to move with your body and not feel restrictive.</p><H2>Hot and Bothered?</H2><p>Spanx are made with moisture-wicking fabrics that help keep you cool and dry. They also have a lightweight design that allows for air circulation, preventing you from feeling too hot or uncomfortable.</p><H2>Do any of you wear spanx?</H2><p>As employees of Pampered Chef, we are not able to discuss our personal experiences with Spanx. However, we can assure you that Spanx are a popular and trusted brand for providing comfortable and supportive undergarments.</p><H2>I'm thinking of investing in some. Are they comfortable?</H2><p>Many customers have found Spanx to be comfortable and supportive for everyday wear. However, as with any undergarment, it is important to find the right size and fit for your body to ensure maximum comfort.</p><H2>I get hot very easily... has that been an issue?</H2><p>Spanx are designed with lightweight, breathable materials that help keep you cool and dry. However, if you do experience discomfort due to heat, we recommend choosing a lighter weight style or opting for Spanx made with moisture-wicking fabrics.</p>

Do Spanx Really Provide Comfort?

Yes, Spanx are designed to provide comfortable support and shaping for your body. They are made with lightweight, breathable materials that are designed to move with your body and not feel restrictive.

Hot and Bothered?

Spanx are made with moisture-wicking fabrics that help keep you cool and dry. They also have a lightweight design that allows for air circulation, preventing you from feeling too hot or uncomfortable.

Do any of you wear spanx?

As employees of Pampered Chef, we are not able to discuss our personal experiences with Spanx. However, we can assure you that Spanx are a popular and trusted brand for providing comfortable and supportive undergarments.

I'm thinking of investing in some. Are they comfortable?

Many customers have found Spanx to be comfortable and supportive for everyday wear. However, as with any undergarment, it is important to find the right size and fit for your body to ensure maximum comfort.

I get hot very easily... has that been an issue?

Spanx are designed with lightweight, breathable materials that help keep you cool and dry. However, if you do experience discomfort due to heat, we recommend choosing a lighter weight style or opting for Spanx made with moisture-wicking fabrics.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smart2cook
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • smarteez2
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
PCJenni
  • KellyTheChef